Vorici Chromatic Calculator (Updated October 30, 2014)

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

Just enter the number of sockets on an item, the item's stat requirements, and your desired colors, then see how expensive and unreasonable your dreams are!

Since I couldn't find a fully featured correct calculator for chromatic crafting, I tried my hand at one. This supports partial coloring (i.e. wanting 5R on a 6 socket, without caring about the last color) and all the Vorici recipes.

Fun things to try: 6B on a Vaal Axe (158 str / 76 dex), 6G on a Saintly Chainmail (99 str / 115 int).

Enjoy! Tell me if you find any bugs.

CHANGES:

-October 17-
Added standard deviation column for you statistics buffs. Removed useless Vorici Level column.

-October 18-
Chromatic bonus update! Now the basic chromatic crafting chance is more accurate. Before, it didn't take into account that you can't roll the same colors twice. Now it does. This has a very minor effect on zero-stat, two-stat, three-stat items; it has a very large effect on single-stat items. Also includes an extra column for average number of tries to get a success, and a row for the drop rate. Made minor style changes.

-October 19-
Sortable columns! Better number display! Best craft option highlights! More detailed column titles!

-October 27-
Changed the formula. After extensive testing, the chance to get off-colors seems to be based on ilevel! So, right now I use X = 7 + ilevel / 7. It could be closer to X = 8 + ilevel / 9 or X = 6 + ilevel / 5 or anything else, who knows! I can't determine it with high reliability with only 2201 items worth of data; it's very difficult to determine 2 variables. However, gathering items AND doing the testing on them is time-consuming. I need your help.

-October 30-
Slightly changed the formula to X = 2 * sqrt(ilevel) based on 3k+ new items worth of crowdsourced data. Thanks to those who contributed!

-October 31-
Reverted the formula to X = 7 + ilevel / 7, based on hundreds of chromatics of crowdsourced data on ilevel 3 things. Sigh.

How to gather item data:
NEW DATA GATHERING METHOD:
1) Download ClipCube. Run it. Go to preferences (Ctrl+P) and tell it to keep as many items as possible.
2) Visit Tarkleigh, Nessa, Greust, Yeena, Hargan, and Clarissa, in any difficulty. Hover your cursor over every socketed item they have, pressing Ctrl+C over each. ClipCube should record them all. Alternatively, pick up and Ctrl+C every socketed item that drops in an area. Repeat for as long as you like/have patience.
3) In ClipCube, hit Ctrl+E and export as HTML.
4) Make a bookmark with the URL of
Spoiler

javascript:(function(){var%20script=document.createElement('script');script.type='text/javascript';script.src='http://siveran.github.io/poeclipcubeparser.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);})();

5) Click the bookmarklet while on ClipCube's exported HTML. This will parse every complete item into usable data, and prompt you to hit ctrl+C to copy it all.
6) Pastebin it, link it as a reply to this.

Thanks!
Last edited by Siveran on Oct 31, 2014, 1:36:53 AM
If it is all accurate, very neat calc :).
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
highly doubt that that tool is accurate, i've seen several 6 off color 6s chests.

and the chance for that is like 1:1million? k.
Last edited by Therealshotzz on Oct 17, 2014, 1:16:51 PM
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
highly doubt that that tool is accurate, i've seen several 6 off color 6s chests.

and the chance for that is like 1:1million? k.

6 off isn't that bad, if it's a mix of 2 off colors. The chance of getting a 6-off on a pure str item is the chance of getting 6G + chance of getting 5G1B + chance of getting 4G2B, etc. The chance ends up being one in several thousand, for middling requirements.

Getting 6 of a single off-color for a high requirement item is 1:millions. At least according to the formula by Lawphil, which has decent data behind it.

If you'd like to spend tons of chromes on a 6s, recording all the results, that would help a lot to confirm that the formula hasn't changed. Or donate tons of chromes to me, so I can do it. I'm poor :(

Edit: Also, I don't believe vaal orbs respect the stat requirements at all when they randomize colors. All the 6-off things I see on poe.trade are corrupted.
Last edited by Siveran on Oct 17, 2014, 1:32:34 PM
759.4 Chromatic Orbs to GGGBBR a Shavronne's Wrappings...yikes. I guess that's "only" 4ex, which could be worse.

On a side note, I got a Rainbowstride to RRGG within about a few dozen manual chroms (not on purpose, but I kept it at that color since it seemed particular rare), then threw a Vaal at it, and got +1 gems (again, not on purpose -- I was actually trying for white slot corruption). Makes me wonder how much luck I used up on that day.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 17, 2014, 1:57:05 PM
"
HoosTrax wrote:
759.4 Chromatic Orbs to GGGBBR a Shavronne's Wrappings...yikes. I guess that's "only" 4ex, which could be worse.
Well, now at least you know what Vorici recipe to use, to minimize the pain! Also, aren't chromes more like 400:1ex? That would only be 2 ex.
"
Siveran wrote:
"
HoosTrax wrote:
Well, now at least you know what Vorici recipe to use, to minimize the pain! Also, aren't chromes more like 400:1ex? That would only be 2 ex.

In Standard, the rate is 200 chroms to 1 ex.

Edit: poeex.info is completely out of whack as far as the actual exchange rate for the chroms for some reason. Their posted rates for fuses, jewelers, alts, etc are all completely off base as well. Now I know why I occasionally see people trying to buy fuses for 63:1, instead of 40:1.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 17, 2014, 2:04:59 PM
"
HoosTrax wrote:
"
Siveran wrote:
"
HoosTrax wrote:

In Standard, the rate is 200 chroms to 1 ex.

Edit: poeex.info is completely out of whack as far as the actual exchange rate for the chroms for some reason
Oh, I play Rampage and Beyond where it's around 400:1ex. Source.

I don't trust poeex anymore at all. When chaos went from 40:1ex to 50:1ex in Rampage, their ratio went from 38:1ex to 26:1ex.

Anyway, good luck crafting!
Last edited by Siveran on Oct 17, 2014, 2:18:46 PM
Last league i have tried to color Maligaro's into BBRG i got every possible combination including BBBB and RRRR but the needed one. Ended up buying the BBRG.

When Vorichi got implemented i thought my dream came true. But when i tried to hit RRBG on armor/es helm i had to use a hundred and a half chromes...A HUNDRED AND A HALF TO GET ONE OFF COLOR. Again there were BBBG RRRG GGGR BBBG GGBB GGRR and i think i hit every possible combination but the needed one. Been using an off color recipe (4 chromes).

If this is a dream - it is surely a nightmare !!

All these statistics are absolutely pointless unless we are speaking of millions of millions of attempts. As long as statistics are not calculated separately for each person we are going to get into an interesting situation when one guy gets three six links in a thousand of fuses and another one cant make one in two years of playing and more than seven thousands of fuses used.

"
Teplokot wrote:
Last league i have tried to color Maligaro's into BBRG i got every possible combination including BBBB and RRRR but the needed one. Ended up buying the BBRG.

When Vorichi got implemented i thought my dream came true. But when i tried to hit RRBG on armor/es helm i had to use a hundred and a half chromes...A HUNDRED AND A HALF TO GET ONE OFF COLOR. Again there were BBBG RRRG GGGR BBBG GGBB GGRR and i think i hit every possible combination but the needed one. Been using an off color recipe (4 chromes).

If this is a dream - it is surely a nightmare !!

All these statistics are absolutely pointless unless we are speaking of millions of millions of attempts. As long as statistics are not calculated separately for each person we are going to get into an interesting situation when one guy gets three six links in a thousand of fuses and another one cant make one in two years of playing and more than seven thousands of fuses used.
I replaced the Vorici Level column with a standard deviation column, so now you can at least know roughly how lucky (or unlucky, in your case) you are!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info