Vorici Chromatic Calculator (Updated October 30, 2014)

Do you have one for fusing/links?
Great tool, thx!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
great tool! I guess I got lucky as hell @ 3000..your calc says 19,000 chroms

Git R Dun!
"
delray wrote:
Do you have one for fusing/links?
No, and I wouldn't be able to make one without knowing the chances for links. Unless someone would like to donate thousands to me so I can make a more accurate approximation (:D?), just estimate the chance to 6L at around 1 in 1000, and the chance to 5L at around 1 in 100 (1 in 75 if it's a 6s). Those numbers are probably off by +/-30%, but they're decent guesses from my experience. Those numbers can probably be at least halved if you're using max quality, based on this.

Sockets are easier. According to this cool person (who is also providing help on my calculator) it takes an average of 221.5 jews to 6s. 5s is about 5 times more likely, so about 45 jews to 5s.

To answer other questions:
Should you quality while using jeweller's? No, unless it's on a white (and maybe blue armor). But why would you try to 6s a white?
Should you quality while using fusings on armor? Yes.
Should you quality while using fusings on white and magic weapons? Yes.
Should you quality while using fusings on rare and unique weapons? Maybe, it's close.
If you want a 5L, should you 5s or 6s it first? It's close. 5s is technically slightly cheaper, but you lose a decent chance to get a 6L.
Last edited by Siveran on Oct 18, 2014, 2:49:41 PM
I updated it. Your dreams are slightly less unreasonable than previously thought, ESPECIALLY if your dreams involved prophecy wands.
Well done, I have a few comments on the general design of the page though.
What does Cost Per Try and Average Cost mean? Is it in Chromatics, Chaos, Euros, Dollars?
I would reword those to Chromatics Per Try and Average Amount of Chromatics or something similar.

Vorici Chromatic Calculator is an odd title. I would use something like:
Chromatic Calculator
Incl. Vorici's Crafting Bench.
"
Illviljan wrote:
Well done, I have a few comments on the general design of the page though.
What does Cost Per Try and Average Cost mean? Is it in Chromatics, Chaos, Euros, Dollars?
I would reword those to Chromatics Per Try and Average Amount of Chromatics or something similar.

Vorici Chromatic Calculator is an odd title. I would use something like:
Chromatic Calculator
Incl. Vorici's Crafting Bench.
Good suggestions! I disagree, though. I initially named it PoE Chromatic Calculator (if you see the source, that's the project name), but there are a lot of chromatic calculators, and many of those are named something similar to "PoE Chromatic Calculator". I wanted to be immediately clear about what was different about my calculator. I would have also put "with support for partially colored items" as the subtitle, if it wasn't a mouthful. There's no reason to waste valuable title words on "Path of Exile" since anyone finding this calculator will already know or will not care.

As for the titles of columns, "Chromatics" is a lot of characters :( Your suggested column titles would be the longest, and wouldn't fit on one row for many screens. I could use "Chromes", but I feel like that would confuse newer characters. For my first few days of PoE, I thought there was a separate "Chrome Orb".

Maybe I could use "Chroms" or an icon? It'd be so much easier if "c" wasn't taken up by filthy chaos orbs, I could just do "123c".
Updated! Changes can be read in initial post and at https://github.com/Siveran/siveran.github.io/commits/master.

I think I'm done, unless someone finds a bug. Enjoy!
The tool seems to be a little off unless this can be explained. To better explain what I have found I'll just use an example. When looking at a 4 socket item with a stat requirement your tool will calculate what is the best vorici craft to use; however, if I then add in the crafted mod manually the calculated results for the 3 socket does not match the calculated results for 4 socket with 1 color guaranteed.

Here is the specific values I used:
4 socket item requiring 70 dex and desired colors are RRGB
4 socket with Vorici craft of 1R is and avg cost of 67.2 chroms

If I then input the item as a 3 socket requiring 70 dex with desired colors of RGB the average chance to get the color combination is 12.7. This ends up equaling 50.8 chroms.

Following the Data which the calculator was based on, each socket is rolled independently of each other. so a 4 socket RRGB 1R guaranteed Vorichi craft should equal a 3 socket RGB craft (accounting for Vorichi craft cost) on an item with equal stat requirements.

Unless I am missing something these calculations on your program seem a little off.
"
Therealshotzz wrote:
highly doubt that that tool is accurate, i've seen several 6 off color 6s chests.

and the chance for that is like 1:1million? k.

even if accurate, its a waste of resources.

chromatics

lets say i want a gloves 4 socket with RGBB and its currently RRRR. The str is 150 and int 40.

According to the tool, I would have 68% chance after 160+ attempts.

people sell chroms for fusings (5 chrom: 1 fusing) on poe.trade

160/5=32 fusings

2:1 fusing to chaos orb ratio average

32/=16 chaos orbs

16 choas orbs for a 68% chance at RGBB

outright buy it

Search poe.trade for RGBB 4 socket min gloves --> anywhere from 1 chaos orb to 10 depending on the stats you want. 100% chance to get the socket colors you want.

conclusion

it is cheaper to just outright but an item that has the socket colors you want.
theory-shadow: http://tinyurl.com/l3nu76x | puncture
Last edited by mokaiba on Oct 24, 2014, 6:51:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info