Save Fusings/Jeweller's from Extinction

SAVE FUSINGS/JEWELLER'S FROM EXTICTION!

DON'T LET TWO OF THE MOST FUNDAMENTAL ORBS BE
OBSOLETED BY THE ARROGANT OUTSIDER, VORICI!
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 19, 2014, 1:39:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I don't understand this.

Basically, the only way vorici is worth using is if you don't have enough orbs to live with the variance.

I've 6s and 5l quite a few items since masters, and because I had for example, 2000 jewelers it wouldn't make sense to overpay by 50% just to use the master.

I've yet to spend more orbs than the vendor cost to 6s or 5l an item, and the more items you do, the more you make it more expensive for yourself to master craft it instead of RNG it.

Heck the last time I 6s I got the 5l for free on the jewelers.
Vorici could virtually replace Fusings and Jeweller's today if GGG poofed all of them.
He might as well too because he is pain free and not a "rage quit" device.
He is, imo, not interesting or fun.
1) Collect 2) Pay Up
But he will not mess up your sockets/links and cause you to feel compelled
to spend a mysterious amount of your "wealth" trying to regain status quo.

Imo, Fusings and Jeweller's are way more interesting than Vorici, but their high risk - high reward functionality causes them to be less fun and less tolerable to use than a no risk option like Vorici.
Spoiler
I should probably state that I am primarily a solo player. Thus, I don't socket or link items for trading. Socketing and/or linking items for trading with Fusings/Jeweller's is probably not so anti-fun or intolerable because you are not dependent on the sockets/links that you are randomizing.
I was so hoping for a low risk socket crafting option to arise around 1.2.0, and I was blindsided by a fucking guaranteed outcome NPC that could replace Fusings and Jeweller's entirely.

With the façade of options, the broken legacy socket crafting materials move one large step closer to being nothing more than gold, and a new socket crafting messiah is here to save us from their overly tuned risk void.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
You still have to pay him with Jews/Fuses so they can hardly become extinct.

He's way to expensive though - why would I pay 40ex for his services when I can just buy the 6L in question for 30ex?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Do you have to pay Vorici with Jeweller's/Fusings?
Does it really matter what currency the NPC takes?
What if he took Exalteds and Chaos instead?

It makes sense that he would take socket crafting Orbs because they relate to his "offerings", but at the same time, why does he exist again? We have socket crafting "materials", but we also have an NPC that will take our materials and socket craft for us. Doesn't PoE already have a rusty system in place for socket crafting? And cannot that system get even better, and more diverse, from its current state? Why was Vorici the chosen addition over fundamental socket crafting Orb changes?

Vorici has to be confusing to some new players.
He is impossibly confusing to me for some reason.
The façade of "options" does not cut it for me.
What's the problem here??

Vorici exists to give you a guaranteed outcome, for more resources that it takes on average to gamble yourself. That's an additional option for those who hate gambling, even though I would never use him to 5L and I'm not sure about 6L either.

What I mostly use Vorici for is coloring and sometimes to 4S.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
holocaustus wrote:
You still have to pay him with Jews/Fuses so they can hardly become extinct.

He's way to expensive though - why would I pay 40ex for his services when I can just buy the 6L in question for 30ex?

Good god man. 40ex in standard is 1.5k fusings? Lol ouch
"
morbo wrote:
What's the problem here??

Vorici exists to give you a guaranteed outcome, for more resources than it takes on average to gamble yourself. That's an additional option for those who hate gambling, even though I would never use him to 5L and I'm not sure about 6L either.

What I mostly use Vorici for is coloring and sometimes to 4S.
There is not necessarily a "problem". However, I have personal issues with what is going on with socket crafting in PoE, and I am struggling to pin-point exactly what they are.

I think it is strange that we now have an NPC Vendor that accepts Jeweller's, Fusings, and Chromatics to provide guaranteed functions relating to the currencys' underlying functionalities. All the QQ about socket crafting and GGG actually changed nothing fundamental but instead added an NPC Vendor offering guaranteed outcomes gated behind some time/cost. Maybe they made the right move. Who knows.

I'm a bit "salty" about collecting Fusings pre-FM in anticipation of helpful socket crafting improvements just to be welcomed with an NPC Vendor that I had to find, invite into a Hideout, do daily quests for until level 7 ... fucking gated ... I had a 5L6S waiting to eat Orbs, and fucking gated NPC vendor and no changes to socket crafting that affected me any time soon. So.. yeah, salty.

I don't really like how Jeweller's, Fusings, and Chromatics are being used as pure currencies. Imo, the Orbs should be core, high intrinsic value currencies with no alternateives for socketing, linking, or colouring; in other words, they should be the socket crafting materials, period. No cheesy vendor to trivialize socket crafting.

I'm not going to lie, Vorici's offerings are actually attractive to me. I do not like socket crafting very much in its current state. So, Vorici is temping. However, I think Vorici is ultimately uninteresting, and that socket crafting is most interestingly experienced as Orbs that have intrinsic value .. if only GGG could get the formula right.

Bleh .. tired rant /kill
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
I think it is strange that we now have an NPC Vendor that accepts Jeweller's, Fusings, and Chromatics to provide guaranteed functions relating to the currencys' underlying functionalities. All the QQ about socket crafting and GGG actually changed nothing fundamental but instead added an NPC Vendor offering guaranteed outcomes gated behind some time/cost. Maybe they made the right move. Who knows.

I agree with this. I was (maybe naively?) expecting a fundamental rework of socketing / fusing, not just a buyout you need to pay to get it done.

Link gambling is still a generally hated thing, because even though you already looted the item, you cant use it until it has X links. People will mostly want a 5L which is not worth to do it at Vorici (unless it's the only 5L you'll do in a league). So, not much really changed. The biggest thing is prob. Vorici selling you fuse and guaranteed 6L.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
While Vorici is not the direction I would have hoped for, I consider him the best alternative to what I personally think would have been the way to go. I would rather have seen a simple pass/fail roll to add a socket or link, with chances mirroring the outcome probabilities that exist now. It would have remained just as difficult to 6 link, but would have allowed players to actually craft what they use due to removing the possibility of making an item objectively worse.

I don't much care for the retirement planning approach to socket crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info