Life gain on hit (a problem)

I was trying a new build based on life gain on hit, and also used the only mana gain on hit in the entire game for +2 mana gain on hit.
So, After getting past using these awesome LGOH knives, I was looking all over for more LGOH ability on weapons...and there really weren't. It was all physical life steal.
So, I look At Vagan............he's got 2-3 LGOH.....that's it. No other tiers. Nothing.
I really like my build, and I've specialized to get as many hits in the smallest amount of time, while still staggering them to provide constant hp and...that pitiful 2 mana per hit, but still. So, having to give him up before act 2 of merc just because there are no other options.
===========
Thus, here's my suggestion. We implement some sort of Life Gain On Hit on later items that aren't only uniques. Maybe not have it give near as much as a pure physical life leech build, but at least give the option. (In fact, it's kinda sad that the best LGOH I could find was on daggers, and before them, Aurumvorax, and not those with the implicit.)
This could help bring back fast hitting elemental builds as well...just a bit.

but I agree, having +15 on one of high end claws would be nice
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:

Yes, I use a 20q of that gem. Still, having other sources is still increasing it. That's like saying if you have a Increase Physical Damage gem on a skill, you don't need other sources of damage.
my daggers, Mightflays are level 35, and offer 10 life on hit. So, maybe just a bit higher than just +15, but yeah.
"
ShacoFinder wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

Yes, I use a 20q of that gem. Still, having other sources is still increasing it. That's like saying if you have a Increase Physical Damage gem on a skill, you don't need other sources of damage.
my daggers, Mightflays are level 35, and offer 10 life on hit. So, maybe just a bit higher than just +15, but yeah.

With barrage +1 quiver and +GMP lgoh is pretty good.

And yes, it's well worth the drawback.
It's also important to note that ring can still drop. Got one in a map yesterday with a friend.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
RogueMage wrote:

And yes, it's well worth the drawback.

Holy cow, that ring.
However, it's not in the "utter s**t" tier, though, and it's unique. It'll probably never drop.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Oct 16, 2014, 2:57:01 PM

Poachers Mark
<3 Free Tibet <3
Last edited by Opinionated on Oct 16, 2014, 11:38:00 PM
"
Opinionated wrote:

Poachers Mark

Poacher's Mark just makes me sad, in all honesty. At gem level 18, it's still only giving the life per hit of a level 35 unique and at gem level 21 (ie. corrupted, or linked to Empower), it doesn't even give the life on hit of a level 36 claw's implicit. The frenzy charge on kill is kinda useful though.

The life gain on hit is actually so bad that I am getting more out of vaal pact warlord's mark, while getting off 11 hits per attack, than I am with Poacher's life steal. And Warlord's gives Endurance charges, which gives bonus survivability compared to frenzy charges. (Of course, having both on is always better, but still.)

It still doesn't solve the problem of life per hit builds just don't work because the gear is seemingly designed to work against it. (Giving no implicit mods for it past 49, and absolutely no non-implicit rolls, aside for the 2-3 life on hit via Vagan..) And the ones that are given are quite...low, but workable....well, they would be if the base items that had the implicits were higher level.
Last edited by ShacoFinder on Oct 17, 2014, 12:00:35 AM
LGoH needs to be balanced against fast multiple hit attacks (and it really isn't, it is very generous). A 20/20 gem is 54(?) per hit. With a single target skill at 10aps that is 540 life/s. With a small pack of 4 mobs and something like dual wield cleave you are hitting each mob twice x 10aps x 54 lgoh... Yah 4k+/s.

Edit: crap, forgot they did the dmg eff nerf. Still it works very well for the skills it is designed for.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Oct 17, 2014, 11:34:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info