Link for the build on Exilepro.com

Endgame

Gameplay video

Lvl Progression
lvl 20+

lvl 40+

lvl 60+

lvl 80+

The idea of this build revolves around the scaling of EK,and how it does a lot of dmg without needing that much spell dmg/projectile dmg nodes, and instead spending all those points getting as much survivability as you can.

The downside is you will be susceptible reflect. My way of dealing with that is picking up Iron Reflexes,Ghost Reaver and using Life Leech as a support gem on EK. I'm using ev/es gear,so I'm ending up with good converted armor and good ES as a buffer.
The thing about EK is that it has a very high phys dmg base, but it's very expensive.I counteract that with a 20% quality mana leech.With it you'll be able to sustain 150 mana cost EK with almost no problems.
No chain, Fork all the way!

I'm not trying to hide it, with this build you'll find yourself low on mana most of the time.
To counteract that I've always tried getting mana on gear whenever possible, some times I prioritized it even more than cast speed.

Not until lvl 80 or so was I able to run all 4 of the auras I mentioned. I've always kept Grace to the side and used it on maps that are harder vulnerability/monster extra dmg/Phys reflect.

The auras I used are Clarity,Discipline,Hatred,Grace,Determination and Purity.
I cannot use all of them,so I pick between Determination/Clarity/Purity based on group and/or map mods.

For single target, I use 2 Bear Trap gems supported by added fire and quality culling strike.
Culling strike both adds pure %dmg and with quality it adds bonus cast speed as well,plus having that culling strike is good for some bosses.

I'm also using molten shell and enduring cry to further increase dmg reduction.I support them with faster casting.

Last ,but not least,I use Raise zombie supported with minion life. For the 3rd socket,I use Raise Spectre when I'm in group or Vulnerability for when I'm solo. Zombies are good because they provide a good meat shield and the "Lord of the dead" node that I pick up is not wasted.At the end you end up making 12k hp zombies.

How I prioritize keystone passives :

Shadow starting area
Fitness node beneath CI
Witch starting area(extra hp nodes around the way)
Inner Force
Ghost reaver
Iron Reflexes
Big Body and Soul
Templar starting
Nullification

How I prioritize stats
On armor:
Resists>Life>ES>Eva/Armor>Mana>Str/Dex/Int
On jewerly:
Resists>Life>cast speed>spell dmg>all atributes>mana regen
On weapons:
Projectile speed>cast speed>spell dmg>mana>mana regen

Potions I use

Bandit rewards
Normal - 40 HP
Cruel - 12% Physical Dmg
Merciless - Endurance Charge

=============================================
==================Update=====================

I've updated the endgame build, and I did some significant changes to it.
I respcced out of Nullification and picked up the second Body and Soul points.
Overall that change gave me a lot more ES and a lot more armor.
From the switch alone , I got 6.5k more armor, which took me from 16k arm to 22.5k.
Also, I'm starting to have a substantial amount of ES.
Whit my new gear I'm able to achieve over 9k effective life.

Also, don't get confused by the amount of %life nodes you see me picking up, I'm currently lvl 89 and I don't have even half of them. I have about 9 free %nodes for the next 9 lvls.

====================Gear=====================

Last update
Lost some int, lost some str, got about 1.5k armor and quite some ES, some chaos resist as well.Was going to get the %life anyway, so in terms of life, not much changed.
Here's a pic of my new stats with the chest I'm trying to 6L:
Spoiler

Builds progression updated.
Gear and flasks updated.
Gems updated.
Tree progression updated.

Added a quick update on the "Endgame" build.
I've dropped the 20 life node at the start of the shadow tree,planing on dropping the chaos resist nodes since you can get capped from gear.
Also dropping the +1 to endurance charges later on.
Trying to focus a bit more on %life nodes.

Also, here's a teaser of my life and es...in town ;)

Update 24.03
Dropped chain completely out of this build,Fork all the way!

Spoiler

From page 2
"
snowtoad wrote:
How does he have 17k armor?

From page 5
"
BldSwtTrs wrote:
how do u have 22k armour?

From page 11
"
microschemer wrote:
I do not understand how you can have such high value of armor.
Explain please

If you have any questions feel free to leave them as a comment, I'll try to answer as many as I can.
-Grynwald
d
Last edited by ChestenPoe on Jul 30, 2013, 5:14:42 PM
boss!
My build at 64, I am in act 3 merciless and having no problem:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBB2MI9Ax9EH8RLREvFr8c3B4aHpQmlSepKlssnC0fLUc74UGWRKtQQlM1VUtVrlYtVytabV3yYeJtGW1sbXtwUnDVc1N4unkDfIN-WX_GghCCHofbiEKLeow2jr6PppLBkyeZmpu1n3uiLqKjpyusP6x_tUi297iTwFTB88M6xp7N-tIZ1U_W0dxX3nfe5d-w4vfmgetj8XbyHfPq_5M=

Difference is I am going ES/Evasion with decent HP. It boils down to Armor vs Evasion, either way stack as much life and ES/evasion/life as you can.

If I were going to build all the way down to get Iron reflexes, I would probably not go into templar tree and instead focus on the life nodes/armor/evasion nodes in duelist since your already there. I feel building so far in both directions is a waste.

Things I see I don't like on your build.....you spend to many points in templar tree to get those resists at he bottom. You pass right by 3 resist nodes on shadow tree. Could save yourself 2 points there. Not sure how many auras you can support either, I am able to run 5 currently which is all I need. I run Grace, Discipline, Hatred, Purity and Clarity.

Last thing, not sure how effective ghost reaver will be because of this: "Life/Mana Leech: Like all other spells, only the Life Leech and Mana Leech support gems will grant leech effects to Ethereal Knives." Which means you will be SEVERELY limited in how much ES your actually able to leech. Just not worth all those points building to ghost reaver IMO.

@Crazily u'll see how it is when u hit maps. It's not as easy as you might think, you need the extra defenses.
d
lvl 26 ... mana kills me :/

cant find anyone selling a 20% mana leech .... is any less % good to ?
Thx for the Beta-Key !!!!!!!! =)
Last edited by mika0023 on Feb 8, 2013, 7:10:18 AM
"
mika0023 wrote:
lvl 26 ... mana kills me :/

cant find anyone selling a 20% mana leech .... is any less % good to ?

get clarity, level it to maybe 3 max, unless you have over 300 mana, get mana regen from amulet ??? profit, this works for about everyone who has any sort of mana pool, at least early game to 40-50+
"
Emb0 wrote:
Grynwald's EK Build

If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment, I'll try to answer as many as I can.

-Grynwald

Do you think you could post how your skill tree looked at 20 and 40 so that people following the build will know how to level? It's not obvious which direction you go first on your tree :P.
"
GhostyGhost wrote:
"
Emb0 wrote:
Grynwald's EK Build

If you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment, I'll try to answer as many as I can.

-Grynwald

Do you think you could post how your skill tree looked at 20 and 40 so that people following the build will know how to level? It's not obvious which direction you go first on your tree :P.

Good point, I'll update the post asap :)
d
Hai, im playing an EK Marauder with BM (around lvl 65ish) and was interested to see what other EK's do for single target and how they link their EK. The Bear Trap idea is the same I am using right now, and i think it works quiet well.
Since I have a lot of strength i'm using Iron Will to further increase my dmg EK. But I see you using Chain with the 5L. (I dont have a 5L yet, but i was thinking about "added fire dmg" as 5th gem)
My question: why should an EK use chain? could you explain, why you choose to go for chain? is it for the lifeleech /(manaleech)? or do you have other reasons?

thx alot in advance!
"
kraj17 wrote:
Hai, im playing an EK Marauder with BM (around lvl 65ish) and was interested to see what other EK's do for single target and how they link their EK. The Bear Trap idea is the same I am using right now, and i think it works quiet well.
Since I have a lot of strength i'm using Iron Will to further increase my dmg EK. But I see you using Chain with the 5L. (I dont have a 5L yet, but i was thinking about "added fire dmg" as 5th gem)
My question: why should an EK use chain? could you explain, why you choose to go for chain? is it for the lifeleech /(manaleech)? or do you have other reasons?

thx alot in advance!

Answered in 1st post.
As for Added fire, if you find yourself needing more dmg you can always switch to AddedFire whenever :)

I'm glad you like my build, just have fun, and be safe!
d
Last edited by ChestenPoe on Feb 9, 2013, 8:03:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info