IIR feels like an illusion

Or gimmick, whichever one floats your boat without sinking it.

So like, i normally run maps with only aurseize and any iir i find on decent rings
i find maybe, a unique every 6-7 maps with 30+ iiq (i roll ones that i can do, not the typical 50% pack etc)

So, i did the above routine from lvl 63 to 87....

then im like, HEY i can afford an andy! and a divination just dropped a while ago, lets see what i can get!!

(i rarely use divi coz of my leech)

so, thats an added 70 or so iir

so typically i have 150+ iir, with the added iiq in maps

there is litterally, no difference between before, and after, and im running higher level maps (i got a bunch of 78's to run, like, 50 or something)

Do you guys experience the same thing? do you guys even bother with iir/iiq?
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
One of my chars I am playing actually has 0 iir, because it uses animate weapon and needs dropped weapons to be white

All other chars have 40-80 iir + item rarity on boss killer, and I can say it makes big difference compered to 0 iir char
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
One of my chars I am playing actually has 0 iir, because it uses animate weapon and needs dropped weapons to be white

All other chars have 40-80 iir + item rarity on boss killer, and I can say it makes big difference compered to 0 iir char

well, no shit... you have no iir, i had a little transitioning to a little more.

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I see a big difference with the number of rares and blues using more and more IR , But uniques seems to have the same rate with 20 IR or 300 IR in high maps.

Forum pvp
IIR works just fine. All you have to do to test it is go into a few maps with a low amount of IIR, maybe 50 or so, play the map as usual and sell all the rares you find along the way. Notice how many portals you have left?

Now bump up your IIR to 150 or 200 and do the same maps. Do several runs to get a good average, and now notice how few portals you have left after the map?

It obviously works as intended, but very likely has diminishing returns so there's probably not much point going over 200 IIR or so. IIQ is more important than IIR anyway...
1) 150 rarity is not rly that much
2) as Vixtrader said: Quantity beats rarity at "some point"
3) i farmed with 138 quantity and 482 rarity thousands of times dominus and was running hundreds of maps with a full party and i can clearly say it works but also have to say that in my honest opinion u sometimes CANT force a unique to drop and of course u CANT influence the quality of the unique thats dropping.

sadly i got no screenshot but believe me, when you have a lot of quant/rarity and ur playing a nice map with a full party u better know what base items u pick up cause u rly dont have the time to pick up 300 rares in one map :)
Last edited by siMoK on Oct 14, 2014, 9:41:26 AM
I have one mfer that I use when running low on currency. I often run out of portals when mapping due to unloading all the rare items (double flame totem char, I put up one dps totem and one culling totem with 80q 332r for all magic/rare/unique monsters).
If you want to have fun with fast killing builds you shouldn't really expect any loot nor care about rarity, but if you want a magic finder you better go all out.
If you play in parties you can always get together with a culler.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
think hes jus upset hes not getting godly uniques hes prolly dropping screaming eagles and shit and jus raging I get unique like every 2 maps ;/ and I run like the least 131 iir wit like 40-60 iiq
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
"
xPiranha wrote:
think hes jus upset hes not getting godly uniques hes prolly dropping screaming eagles and shit and jus raging I get unique like every 2 maps ;/ and I run like the least 131 iir wit like 40-60 iiq

this guys kinda wrong...

just to name a few

"
lolozori wrote:
I see a big difference with the number of rares and blues using more and more IR , But uniques seems to have the same rate with 20 IR or 300 IR in high maps.

this is my experience as well, I get a shitton more rares but actually less uniques than completely without IIR.
ign: PhrozenFlame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info