[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

"
m_flower wrote:
Finally i have 6L Daresso. Dps on 84 lvl char is about 200k with full charges/frenzys. I am very happy that i noticed this build some times ago. Thanks :D

Congrats on the 6L!
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I'm trying this build on a level 83 character I had collecting dust from a previous league. I have all the gear needed except a chest piece. I have a 6 link chest that I don't use and wondering if I should use that or get a 5 link Daresso's. If I do use the chest piece that I have should I wear a Rat's nest or Abyssus helm. Thanks

That chest would work well and will save you plenty of resists on other pieces.

The reason for Daresso is the endurance charges on tap. Any chest can work if you have a decent EC-IC system

The system I used for my low life variant was:

Secondary attack (flicker)
Cast on crit
Assassins Mark
Enduring cry

And a CwDT - IC somewhere

A pretty easy way to maintain max endurance charges.

As for Abyssus/Rat's Nest, that's personal preference.

For me, I have IC going quite often so it negates the Abyssus downside, the drawback is the yo-yo effect of your health.
Rats nest would be preferable if you'd rather a stable defence.
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 27, 2015, 9:08:32 PM

I'm actually super excited about this skill.

There would be synergy with Daresso's Defiance as the auto generation of endurance charges will fuel strikes.

Can't be evaded will mean accuracy is not required in equipment or tree.

165% is the highest damage of any skill.

Fortify skill grants 25% damage reduction to all incoming. Even if this skill doesn't become the main attack, using it as a secondary self buff is very useful. At the moment, the duration of the buff is 8 secs

Dual wielding would most likely mean alternating hands, but this build functioned well when it was using molten strike, so there's nothing uncertain there.

-

On a side note, this skill has a lot of good implications for the dualist class, especially RT builds. We no longer need to traverse toward the marauder area to collect RT and instead, we can stack those nodes into the Ranger/Shadow tree.

I expect there to be plenty of stun builds with endurance charge on melee stun connected to this skill
Last edited by fiqst on Mar 31, 2015, 12:14:20 AM
Now I have reason to buy Bino's. Dont know if I shud finish my tornado archer first though. Very good guide and interesting build with nice ideas (specifically defensive mechanics).
Last edited by RetardedPaladin on Mar 31, 2015, 8:39:44 AM
"
fiqst wrote:

I'm actually super excited about this skill.

There would be synergy with Daresso's Defiance as the auto generation of endurance charges will fuel strikes.

Can't be evaded will mean accuracy is not required in equipment or tree.

165% is the highest damage of any skill.

Fortify skill grants 25% damage reduction to all incoming. Even if this skill doesn't become the main attack, using it as a secondary self buff is very useful. At the moment, the duration of the buff is 8 secs

Dual wielding would most likely mean alternating hands, but this build functioned well when it was using molten strike, so there's nothing uncertain there.

-

On a side note, this skill has a lot of good implications for the dualist class, especially RT builds. We no longer need to traverse toward the marauder area to collect RT and instead, we can stack those nodes into the Ranger/Shadow tree.

I expect there to be plenty of stun builds with endurance charge on melee stun connected to this skill

I am also excited about this skill.

like you said the daresso's is like the best armour to use with this skill.
The dps will be similar as dual strike because of the "Can't be evaded" effect and the 1xx% of base damage.
and the 25% damage reduction makes this build even more tanky.
now I just hope the elemental prolif nerf (it's going to get nerfed because it's just to powerful ) is not that bad.
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Mar 31, 2015, 5:22:31 PM
I'm also very excited for this skill, I'm expecting another OP build, Fiqst! ;)
Ugh effort
ive been following this guide for sometime now.. i know this guide is for dagger crit dual strike.. i was just wondering if it can work with cleave sword with a few twerks with the tree? i ask because i play on a crappy pc and i lag a lot. i dont have the best gears in game either. i do maps by yolo shift attacking everything.. i have a not so good soul taker axe and wanted to build a crit duelist with that.
Last edited by sooman25 on Apr 5, 2015, 6:07:13 AM
"
sooman25 wrote:
ive been following this guide for sometime now.. i know this guide is for dagger crit dual strike.. i was just wondering if it can work with cleave sword with a few twerks with the tree? i ask because i play on a crappy pc and i lag a lot. i dont have the best gears in game either. i do maps by yolo shift attacking everything.. i have a not so good soul taker axe and wanted to build a crit duelist with that.

The tree is pretty versatile.

There's no specific weapon nodes so its open to every 1h weapon. It can work with 1h swords, sword + soul taker, soul taker + dagger, etc.

As long as you equip the right amount of accuracy and crit, you're ok to go

So i kinda need some help.
I'm level 47 now and i have no idea which items i should use. The Uniques used in that build are 1. not that easy to get 2. not my lvl yet.

1. So which weapons should i use and what should i focus on?
2. On my whole gear what should i look for, resistances? if yes, which ones?
3. My mana is gone after quite some hits, i have 2 auras constantly running and have about 100 mana left.

Any help would be nice. This is my first high lvl account. Clearing and farming works great but as soon as it comes to ei baus (a boss) he 2 hits me..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info