[2.3] "Vulcan's Exemplar" Crit Dual Strike Slayer with Bino/Catalyst by fiqst

^ that video was hilarious. You can't really be mad at him for celebrating.
Hey! I've been following this build on my first character! I really enjoy it, even though technically i haven't had any of the gear required till recently due being a fairly new player and having little currency. Just got my doryani's and i feel like i'm slowly getting there haha.

I just had a few questions if you don't mind.

I'm very into the daresso's defience idea.

My question would be, seeing as how i dont have much currency presently would it be wiser to just pick up a daresso's defiance and abyssus even though i don't have a Bino's with high crit? or should i just grab a lightning coil and once i have bino's, then get a Daresso's

I Could forego both and save up for a Bino's and get it earlier, it just looks like Abyssus is such a big power spike that i'm lost as to what to focus on!

Side note: I only have molten strike in a 4 link setup right now so the chest id get would probably be a 5 link if that makes a difference.

Sincerly, penny pinching noob
Last edited by SeraphScion on Dec 3, 2014, 9:03:18 PM
@SeraphScion

Binos will set you back a few exalts and is most definitely an endgame item. You can easily get by with a rare dagger and a catalyst.

I have a budget version in the notes section that you can use as a guide. Just remember critical chance is everything.

Daresso's defiance can be found for as cheap as 10c and is still great as a 4 link. If you have a low crit chance and a low level cast-on-crit and want to use immortal call, I suggest manual casting just before you enter battle.

On a side note: The 1.3 tree has been released!

Get the app here : PoESkillTree if you want to navigate it.

I am busy min-maxing right now

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Hey fiqst, are you thinking about going to shadow nodes this time around? I haven't seen the tree yet, but from what I hear, the marauder crit nodes got nerfed.
I'm away from my computer for a few hours, so while you're at it, could you give me a rough idea about how the WoE BoR and the dual doryani's builds fare?
Thanks mate.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Thanks for the input!

Checked out the new skill tree. some pretty noteworthy changes to nodes used in this build, It'll be interesting how a tree for this build will look after it goes live.

Gonna play around with it myself later
Last edited by SeraphScion on Dec 4, 2014, 12:05:27 AM
Been theory crafting for the last few hours.

Marauder/duelist crit builds are going to suffer greatly, so builds like this one, Mathil's and Skyforth's will drop in effective clear speed.

Block has been nerfed significantly, i am willing to bet that WoE/BoR can't max block now.

For this build, there is no other choice other than shadow for crit nodes. I stand to lose about 30% dps in the end.

My block gets lowered from 40% down to 17%, which is huge. Daresso's Defiance and IC will be the main chest piece in 1.3
I have 2 trees theorycrafted.

If you wish to view them, Download PoESkillTree here. Copy and paste the tree found in the spoiler into the bottom bar of the app and load.

Version 1: Offensive

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAuR0V7JkrvYHKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQRm0Y3DK0yzpFSDdDSpNIuL8xVuvPyd9Wxc-R-JnoE4qYnlKyKxHFI7QgYd2KaUV9m6qUUzAdqQ5Sn0ABrXyykqpbjWSbbTDOmxG2L2oB5u1cmz-CmeAUzUZijIJtz4Pq_sJxq5tbBa_9tocpzwtNj21SLGzJpUajwxfxPadquyw8-rtQWHiU6VyqWKsbIyMCyoLVUv3Mrl8cFKMNuoYkn12rNwjz36Yb62N5c_ZYYVSm2qLTygql3nkUZtYMft_418_idNw1Q==

Differences from 1.2:

+245 to Strength (-38)
+263 to Dexterity (+50)
+74 to Intelligence (+10)
144% increased maximum Life (-1%)
life regen 3.8% (+0.3%)

Armour+Evasion 172% (+27%)

12% reduced Mana Cost of Skills (+2%)
12% reduced Mana Reserved (-2%)

+16% to all Elemental Resistances (-9%)
60% increased Life Recovery from Flasks (+25%)

Crit chance 440% (+5%)
Crit multi 45% (-15%)

Accuracy rating 112% (+30%)

physical damage 288% (-13%)
elemental damage 20% (+20%)

attack speed 74% (-12%)

Block 2% (-23%)

phys life leech 25 (+2%)

This build looks to be the better of the two. Crit chance is the same as before but we lose out on crit multi, physical damage and attack speed. According to the app, i lose about 25% dps.

Version 1: Defensive

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy1fOd3j9Oawq76nYEFlTWNwvTYR1Ud-V5eE2UMxAdy2Qb_VvopOKlO7eA1brymlOBupbt0NYnmwc7Xy_MUV9iFgbqo1km20Z6AABsGLSsjYvagHh3aBQT8n_gpngEp9Ne8qTbc-Ou19Wxc-xq5Bh6xHFI4cpzwt-ehRTMB2DF_E9spKU6VyqT0PwzqsqvcyHM6btVnzkn0rUFM1GYrAGtwjDc0Pq_sJGjiYb_5UbWwWv_bakFXlzzY9tUixsyaVGo-dqvPq7UFh4mKsbIwqC1VLcFKMNuhmP_wIsQ==

Differences from 1.2:

+253 to Strength (-30)
+223 to Dexterity (+10)
+54 to Intelligence (-10)
147% increased maximum Life (+2%)
life regen 3.8% (+0.3%)

Armour+Evasion 252% (+107%)

19% reduced Mana Cost of Skills (+9%)
12% reduced Mana Reserved (-2%)

+28% to all Elemental Resistances (+3%)
+0% to fire res (-8%)
+0% to maximum Fire Resistance (-1%)

0% increased Life Recovery from Flasks (-35%)

Crit chance 392% (-43%)
Crit multi 45% (-15%)

Accuracy rating 96% (+14%)

physical damage 188% (-113%)
elemental damage 20% (+20%)
20% increased Main Hand Damage
20% increased Off Hand Attack Speed

attack speed 78% (-8%)

Block 2% (-23%)

phys life leech 25 (+2%)

This build has significantly more armour, depending if armour is buffed in 1.3
It is down on on damage quite a lot, but it has the interesting Ambidexterity notable where:

20% increased Main Hand Damage
20% increased Off Hand Attack Speed

so it remains to be seen if this is useful.

Both of these builds are still experimental and i'll be burning a lot of regrets after respec for testing.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 4, 2014, 8:46:29 AM
Is block even viable for HC now? I was mainly counting on it. Without it and acrobatics together, too shabby.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Last edited by hellzer on Dec 4, 2014, 7:02:00 AM
Refined tree:

CLICK HERE FOR POEBUILDER LINK

I didn't do too badly:

Using the same equipment for both stats.

This tree is free for all. I did the leg work, anyone can now adapt this tree to your own builds. It is dual wield only and uses zero specific weapon nodes.
Last edited by fiqst on Dec 5, 2014, 3:44:53 AM
Hey Fiqst, good to know you are into the new tree.

I've being theorycrafting it myself as well. I´ve found out that we might actually need to give up Marauder side completely. Please, have this tree parsed on your character/gear. For me, this approach resulted into 30% more dmg (same life) than your suggestion. It end up showing the same dps I currently have.

Build Link

Basically, it's about grabbing those Physical damage (no melee) from Shadow, some smaller crit nodes, and Golems blood (to counter the lack of Marauder stuff).

Will we be giving up block completely? We could work down the Duelist area too (some resistances there as well).

I'm still working on it, so let's keep crafting it until it gets to perfection.

By the way, I've being playing with Dual Strike + Grace + Daresso. I noticed I can achieve the same damage output as Hatred with grace by using DS. By making my my hit pure physical, the Cast on Crit IC goes 100% effective. I also have a CWDT+IC for when the CoC+IC don't proc. By doing that, I've being able to run Physical Reflective maps (level 71-75 tested - still scary, but doable).
Last edited by junaum on Dec 5, 2014, 8:05:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info