The only thing this game is missing, which I liked in Diablo

The Uniques Items in this game is always the same. Same stats, but ofcourse different values.

In Diablo 3 every uniques got a random roll. Then it is much more interresting to find uniques if some bad shoes everyone have found suddenly can roll movement speed.

What do you guys think about that?

Wouldn't it be much more exciting ?

Either way, I love this game, even I died last night

I dislike that concept with passion.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
"
kolton wrote:
"
nolife4you wrote:
"
kolton wrote:
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
I think rares already handle this pretty well, considering that they can be crafted/rolled into any stats from the giant affix pool, whereas uniques are designed by users/developers to have a fairly stable "theme" (e.g., Alpha's Howl is mostly used for aura characters).

Also, rares and uniques can be corrupted with Vaal orbs to gain an additional stat, like move speed or "gems in this item are supported by level 15 Life Leech."

The idea's nice but feels a little unnecessary for all uniques, although I'm sure someone would have a lot of fun making a "0~x" unique that could potentially roll TONS of stats (or roll nothing).
"
Bebe wrote:

The Uniques Items in this game is always the same. Same stats, but ofcourse different values.

In Diablo 3 every uniques got a random roll. Then it is much more interresting to find uniques if some bad shoes everyone have found suddenly can roll movement speed.

You already kind of have that concept - Vaal orbs. Except they come with obvious risks, they can and sometimes do roll great unique stats.
"
Syde wrote:
"
Bebe wrote:

You already kind of have that concept - Vaal orbs. Except they come with obvious risks, they can and sometimes do roll great unique stats.

Vaal orbs are NOT even remotely close, they do NOT add any stat tot he mod list, and they stupidly replace old implicit mods if they do add anything.

I agree in D3 it was somewhat desireable for this, and in some point, i actually wouldnt mind seeing it here, but its not needed. The one thing i would like to see though, is the ability to add certain mods like stats or MF to ALL or ANY items, like the Diablo series has with gems. That is what i would truly like to see added.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
If they were to do it, I think GGG would need to test the waters with it first. Maybe with a small selection of season uniques, with one or 2 spots open for random rolls.

I don't think it would work in PoE due to the way the game is balanced. In D3, legs drop far more frequently for a start.
I loved D2s ability to throw a single socket on a unique and customize with jewels or runes.

Here's a potential solution: Have a modifier or flag on the weak uniques that rarely get used, allowing them to be given crafting mods.

Like Vorici with corrupted items have some increased cost factor (nothing ridiculous, just double/triple or something...maybe "add just as many chance orbs" since chance is the orb most associated with uniques).

Technically I'm not sure how easy that would be, but I would guess if they were treated as currently having 0 suffixes, 0 prefixes, 1 mod limit it would work into the current system fine. Alternatively have a "prefix" which allows the item to have a suffix and vice versa - so maybe Crown of Thorns would be craftable with a suffix and Lightbane Raiment with a prefix.
"
Auxion wrote:
"
nolife4you wrote:
"
kolton wrote:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info