Mathil's Sprinkler Maruader (Generic 2H Cyclone) 1.3 passive update

Hey all. Nothing super special about the build. I just wanted to make use of Atziri's Disfavour, Reaper axe skin and make a 2H Resolute Techniques build. This is the result and can be done from either Templar, Duelist or Marauder starts. It's a good build to level up to 65 with for your challenge in Rampage/Beyond and a Disfavour is absolutely not necessary, it barely even adds anything to the build over a cheap rare. Lastly, the build can be done with pretty much any melee skill so if you prefer one over the other, try it out and make the appropriate gem changes.

Video Guide/Discussion of the build
Please watch this video before anything else. There isn't much to this build and most of what you'll need to know is in this.

First Atziri run and clear
This was my first Atziri run with the build at level 81 and it went really well. Can only get better from there.

Gear:
Spoiler

Chest is a pretty optional spot. I used a Daresso and found it worked pretty well for the build but is by no means necessary. Likewise with the Atziri Disfavour. A 500 dps rare axe will work just as well and be far cheaper.

*****1.3 update*****
1.3 Passive Tree
For the passives - You can go over to Ondars if you choose to and avoid the Templar side of the tree as the sacrifice.

Bandits are Life - 18% Phys - Passive (grab an endurance charge from passive tree for 1 pt if you want, I may do so)

Gems/links:

Main Cyclone Setup: Blood Magic + Cyclone + Melee Phys + Faster Attacks + Added Fire.
I don't know what I'd run if I had a 6L. Probably Inc AoE and swap in Conc for bosses.

Auras: Herald of Ash + Hatred + Grace + Reduced Mana. This seems to be the best setup defensively and offensively. By not taking Iron Reflexes the build has a pretty substantial amount of armor mitigation and evasion mitigation. To run the 3 auras you will need 1x 4% reduction node from the passive tree and a high level Reduced Mana.

Cast When Damage Taken: CWDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Inc Duration.
Level them as high as you feel comfortable. If you're using Daresso chest like me your IC will always be ready to go off at a good duration so you can level it a bit more for better duration/less procs if you like.

Blood Rage: Blood Rage + Blood Magic.
Keep it up always. With a Mings and the passive resists/regen you shouldn't take too much degen from Blood Rage at all and it grants a good phys leech boost + frenzy charges.

Vaal Skills: Vaal Haste + Inc Duration.
You can also use things like Vaal Cyclone or Vaal Double strike. I used double strike for a long time but ended up sticking with just Haste.

Movement: Leap Slam + Blood Magic + Faster Attacks.

Curse.... I dno, they all kinda suck. Use Vuln or Warlord Mark or Enfeeble if you want. I curse with Vuln on bosses only really.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Jan 30, 2015, 5:30:51 AM
NICE ASS!!!!!!!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Nice ass indeed!
Thanks a lot man ! thats what i was lookin for ;) Awesome build;) added fire is best in slot gem sir ?;)
Clear speed looks decent, tell us more, how squishy is it?
Did you invest the 9 points in templar and marauder start just to say "it is a build for marauder/templar/duelist"?
It's 97% damage in 9 points.

There must be something more impactful to do with these...

How about Bersering (4), Thick Skin (4) and another 5% life or 1% regen at templar?

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
Clear speed looks decent, tell us more, how squishy is it?

Not too bad. It feels fairly rough when you fight something for a long time and run out of flasks which is a fairly rare scenario but can happen. Otherwise I can't complain.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Did you invest the 9 points in templar and marauder start just to say "it is a build for marauder/templar/duelist"?
It's 97% damage in 9 points.

There must be something more impactful to do with these...

How about Bersering (4), Thick Skin (4) and another 5% life or 1% regen at templar?

That doesn't sound like more damage at all. I was happy with my life I would be getting and decided to go for more damage. All 3 starts from duelist/marauder/templar give good damage nodes for 2H dps so I chose to hit them all up since it felt fairly efficient.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
"
Mathil wrote:

That doesn't sound like more damage at all.

Wasn't trying for more damage. I'd just personally prefer to get closer to 200% life.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I'm currently level 75 and I'm loving the build so far. With the new 1.3 tree would you grab the new Bloodletting and Slaughter clusters? Because I grabbed both and they seem to be working pretty good so far
will you update?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info