[1.3]Crit Mjolner: Vaal Pact, No Acuity! Anymapmod speed farm. 318 k DPS? Mirror drop approved!

Hey there!

This build is taken from REOXY's Crit Mjolner and revamped for those (like me) who can't yet afford Atziri's Acuity and would use VP instead.

There is no need to write the whole article cuz it's already done by Reoxy. But in Vaal's Pact part his tree+gear won't work due to low stats, so here is my tip on how to make it work.

AURAS we run:
Discipline, Haste, Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, Purity of Lightning, Herald of Thunder, Herald of Ice.
We drop VItality since Vaal Pact prevents life regen and this aura has no effect.

May add Herald of Ash 20% if you find a way to do it - I lack slots (both Heralds' quality increases ANY cold/fire damage, so HoA's quality will imrove the fire component of Discharge).

My actual current gear, tree and stats.

Minimum build costs
Mjollnir 40 exa
4L shav's 45 exa
Voll's ammy 22 exa
Romira's 1 chaos

So, the base of the build is 107 exa.
Plus, gloves, boots, helmet and shield, but it will still be good to use ~1 chaos items like rainbowstride, rathpith etc.

So, the PASSIVE TREE.

CLICK ME

or

CLICK ME

Bandits: kill -> kill or aspd (I've killed) -> kill.

My gear slots:

Got no comments on Mjolner, proceed.

Got no comments on these 4 items again as it's the base of the build.

Now, my gears with stats: Helmet and double str belt.

Gloves_Boots_Shield_Flasks
Here you may use any items you like
I use this:

So, with such a (tree) + (1 master stat item) + (double str belt) this build is gonna work. Of course, no matter, where you will get that stat - helmet/boots/gloves. If you get more stats on gear, you may drop 4 nodes which provide +30 str/dex of revamp a path to marauder's +20 dex +20 int +20% accu (Versatility).

These are the STATS which I get from this items and tree:
DEFENCE

NOTE: hideout resistances.

As you can see, we now have all the required stats to wear Mjolner and use Haste 20 lvl (even 11 more dex).
OFFENCE

All with full (3/3/3) charges

--------------------------------------------

VIDEO:
Pre 1.3

Super-mad_dominus_kill:

Residence Domunis kill:
32% magic monsters
Vulnerability
!!!!-21% maximum resi!!!!
!!!! 18% elemental reflection!!!!
No stun on mobs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFbkgGMoNQs&feature=youtu.be

not yet, but nothing has really changed. a bit more ES, a bit less hp, a bit more dps. that's it.

PS. Why don't I use Enhance? Cuz that's another 70-90 exa.

Theory section. DPS fun calculations (since it's impossible to calculate even rough real DPS).
Spoiler

82% all elemental spell increase from a tree, 76% from rathpith+chitus (total 158%)
15% increased lightning from Herald (total 173% for lightning)
30% MOAR (PA)

Discharge:
31-586 base per power
219-329 base per endur

So let's do it for 2+2 charges:

31*2*2.73*1.3=220
586*2*2.73*1.3=4159 lightning

219*2*2.58*1.3=1469
329*2*2.58*1.3=2206 fire

Also HoT and HoI:
51-792 light
245-326 cold

Arc:
200-3400 lightning
122-163 cold

Molten Strike:
6.2 attacks per second, 7 projectiles+1 main attack
6.2*8=~50 hits per second
85% accuracy: 42
50% proc: 21 proc per second

Discharge:
(((220+4159)/2)+((1469+2206)/2)+((51+792)/2)+((245+326)/2))*21=99414 average damage
Arc
(((200+3400)/2)+((122+163)/2))*21=40792 average damage

Let's add crits with assassin mark:
10% chance, 42% extra crit multi (curse on hit support's effectiveness):

Discharge:
48% chance, 310 multi
99414+(99414*0.48*3.1)=247342 dps

Arc: 24% chance, 310 multi
40792+(40792*0.24*3.1)=71141 dps

318483 total dps with crits!

♥MIRROR♥

just dropped from that chest. Mjollnir is lucky!
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
Last edited by yuriy on Mar 21, 2015, 3:21:47 PM
PS2. I'm Russian - that's why the text is so ugly.
ign:
I've got some questions:

If you get the node Unwavering, why have you got Practical Application? For the +20 to dexterity?
In your item, you've got the gem Blood Magic linked to Leap Slam and Blood Rage. I don't know why you do this if you've got the Blood Magic node in your tree. Edit: I see it adds attack speed on low life. Weird.
I would use one of the nodes of Practical Application on (you know where) and the other one on a 6% increased buffs from auras node.
And another thing I would like to know is if you can't use Molten Strike at lvl1, so 6 of mana used instead of 8.

It seems you've got more than enought strenght to use Mjolner. Why don't you get another master craft on your helmet?

I don't get the idea of using Romira's and Discharge with the Critical Strike nodes you get. Wouldn't it be better to spend those nodes on power charges and endurance charges?
Last edited by intre on Oct 7, 2014, 6:46:23 AM
"
intre wrote:
I've got some questions:

If you get the node Unwavering, why have you got Practical Application? For the +20 to dexterity?
In your item, you've got the gem Blood Magic linked to Leap Slam and Blood Rage. I don't know why you do this if you've got the Blood Magic node in your tree. Edit: I see it adds attack speed on low life. Weird.
..spoiler..
I would use one of the nodes of Practical Application on it and the other one on a 6% increased buffs from auras node.
And another thing I would like to know is if you can't use Molten Strike at lvl1, so 6 of mana used instead of 8.

It seems you've got more than enought strenght to use Mjolner. Why don't you get another master craft on your helmet?

I don't get the idea of using Romira's and Discharge with the Critical Strike nodes you get. Wouldn't it be better to spend those nodes on power charges and endurance charges?

Yep, Practical App grants 10str+10dex per point.

Blood Magic 20% gem is bugged and grants a GLOBAL aspd bonus while linked to Rage ;p

Ofc I have PA. I deleted that node on pupose cuz I want cloners to do just 1 thing in their own :D Can you please edit the post not to spoil the fun?)

Imma doing a lvl 20 MS/LS factory. Level em up, sell and again put up lvl 1 gem. Besides, at Atziri map bosses I use 1 lvl.

Mjolners needs 412 str, I've got kinda 416...

Crits regen flasks so I dont think it's better to grab charge nodes.
ign:
"
yuriy wrote:
"
intre wrote:
I've got some questions:

..spoiler..
I would use one of the nodes of Practical Application on it and the other one on a 6% increased buffs from auras node.

Yep, Practical App grants 10str+10dex per point.

Blood Magic 20% gem is bugged and grants a GLOBAL aspd bonus while linked to Rage ;p

Imma doing a lvl 20 MS/LS factory. Level em up, sell and again put up lvl 1 gem. Besides, at Atziri map bosses I use 1 lvl.

Mjolners needs 412 str, I've got kinda 416...

Crits regen flasks so I dont think it's better to grab charge nodes.

I don't think that's a bug... No GGG boys, it's not. ;) ;)
By the way, does it work even when Blood Rage is not active?

I'll investigate if I can make a different build based on yours, but using Resolute Technique. I will try to meet the requirements of Mjolner using some nodes. I had in mind to use a Perandus Belt (which gives us at least +20 to all) corrupted with +1 to Endurance charges. The point on using more charges is to get the most of Discharge. And with more Endurance Charges so also get more of Immortal Call.

This might me require to get any nodes on +life on hit or kill. It's just that I don't want to be using flasks every second of the game.

Are you using the dagger on that low level map for +spell?

By the way, there are mobs immune to curses. I would not use the curse on hit + assassins mark, and I would switch the remaining gems to a 4l and use the 6l for auras instead of it. So you can get at least one more gem to Herald of Ash, one of the Reduced Mana gems.
Last edited by intre on Oct 7, 2014, 9:20:07 AM
yep, I use this dagger to run maps even faster

I consider build "good" if there is no need to snapshot/swap gear/auras and do other useless shit. Mobs are immune to curses? SO fuq them, let my Curse on Hit just gain exp :D
ign:
Last edited by yuriy on Oct 7, 2014, 9:22:53 AM
"
yuriy wrote:

I consider build "good" if there is no need to snapshot/swap gear/auras and do other useless shit. Mobs are immune to curses? SO fuq them, let my Curse on Hit just gain exp :D

Did you try a Redbeak instead of this?
"
intre wrote:
"
yuriy wrote:

why? 64% spd, crit, crit dmg... redbeak sucks.
ign:
"
yuriy wrote:
"
intre wrote:
"
yuriy wrote:

why? 64% spd, crit, crit dmg... redbeak sucks.

100% increased dmg on low life, life gain on hit, 10% inc attack speed and 18% inc accuracy, which is good for getting more hits and more crits.
Last edited by intre on Oct 9, 2014, 2:28:04 PM
well, maybe so, but I rely more on 160% spell crit and crit multi.
but still redbeak may be worth testing.
ign:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info