Obvious case of RMT - tell me what you guys think (GGG response would be appreciated)

There is this guy on Rampage league (whose name I won't give so I dont violate the naming & shaming policy) who has crafted a dagger with 6 T1 mods, almost all of them perfect, a dagger that beats LITERALLY every dagger on standard league or any other league as matter of fact. This person has crafted and put it on the forum within a month of the start of the league.

Anyone who has ever done a decent amount of crafting will tell you, that to reach the stats he did, would take an ENORMOUS amount of currency, we're talking most likely of over a thousand exalteds and eternals. After all, it's the sort of currency top crafters in Standard invest on single items AND he beat them as well. So am I crazy or it seems suspicious to you guys?

I heard stories about this guy few weeks before the dagger hit the forum. Apparently he bought over a thousand exalteds for real money and in that way started to seriously affect the competition & economy of Rampage. Here's what he did: with the insane amount of currency he possessed, he could buy 78 lvl maps for more than anyone else in the league way paying (while others paid 14-15 chaos for every 78, he was paying 20c). He got the currency effortlessly so didn't care, even to the extent of not picking up 78 lvl map drops in his map or leaving the maps with 20+ monsters remaining. Then he'd use extremely pricy map crafting system of rolling Zana's Domination mod to get extra monsters surround shrines (another 20c for every map). While the top ladder players were struggling to run half 77s & half 78s, he'd run expensively crafted 78s all day. Furthermore, he invited to his party some high lvl players which were essentially boosted in experience through his RMT. This has seriously affected the ladder of Rampage as those who weren't taking advantage of his illegally obtained currency were falling behind.

Now I realize I cannot provide evidence to most things that I have described here, honestly how could I thou? You can however see the dagger this individual has crafted on poe.xyz.is (search for Rampage 400 pdps and global critical strike multiplier), compare it with highest possible mods (can use www.poemods.com for it) and judge for yourself. In fact I'm sure GGG could obtain even more information and some actual evidence, through some logs perhaps.

Anyway, I would appreciate if you guys gave your opinion on this subject, please refrain from offensive and hateful comments - after all we'd like the player to be banned if he is indeed doing illegal stuff in the game, rather than the thread locked. The damage he's caused in Rampage is irrevertible (messing with the ladder, greatly affecting prices of daggers, mirrors of kalandra etc) but if people start mirroring his illegally obtained dagger, this will get even worse.

Lastly, I would like to ask GGG employees to look into this case, fully investigate it and take appropriate actions. The person discussed in this thread has been reported a number of times by many people in game, yet he's still active and ready to take ungodly fees for getting his weapon mirrored.

Thank you for reading.

[This thread has been locked by Support due to infringing on our Naming and Shaming guideline. If you believe anyone is participating in prohibited activity then please email us at support@gringinggear.com with as much details as you can, so we can deal with them appropriately]
IGN: korgan_bloodarrow
Last edited by Kieren_GGG on Oct 5, 2014, 5:39:46 AM
Doesn't affect me so I don't really give a fuck.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Sometimes... I just don't know.

"

But it does affect you actually. When you find a good dagger it will be worth less because this is on the market. same for bino's.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
"

But it does affect you actually. When you find a good dagger it will be worth less because this is on the market. same for bino's.

Mmmmh... no not really.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
gg items

=

elitist problems
Ban for life.

Give his exalts to me, so I can finally actually use an exalted orb on an item, after two years of playing.

For all I know, exalt crafting could not work at all. Since I've never tried it...
Last edited by delray on Oct 3, 2014, 6:59:53 PM
how do you know he rmts? he might have a massive bot army behind him and didnt rmt he's way to the dagger
Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
prolly a jsp user jsp user have free reign here.... nothing new thread will be deleted in no time like anything else that puts ggg into bad light
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Oct 3, 2014, 7:50:51 PM
In the grand scheme of things, what an utter waste of money. no one cares about rampage ladder and in time he will get dumped back into the birthplace of rmt to join his brethen. GGG will likely not do anything unless the guy writes them a letter confessing his wrong doings and providing them credit card transactions.

curiously though, where can is see said dagger.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info