got 1500 fusing , vorici level 5 :(

The Vorici service raises a predicament for me personally, because the collected statistics show that over the long run, you need on average about 1,000 fuses to get a 6L. So honestly, it'd be tough for me to have all of those fuses sitting around in my inventory and not be tempted to test my luck getting the 6L before 1,500 fuses.

I actually did this once -- had around 35EX on hand and decided to start buying fuses in bulk. Couldn't resist and ended up manually throwing fuses and got the 6L at around 390.

But it'd be a tragedy to use 1,500 fuses and not get the 6L, so it's a tough one.
"
Antnee wrote:
I have to wonder how often this is happening-- people having 1500 fusings before they can use them in the bench. I wonder if a dev is also looking at that. They perhaps should.
I bet it is pretty often because players generally need a shit ton of Fusings before they can begin manually rolling for a 6L, and players had been saving Fusings to manually roll OR for the known upcoming "crafting improvements" much before Forsaken Masters hit. It turns out, even if you had been saving Fusings for months before FM, one would still need to grind out Vorici to level 7 in order to get the guaranteed 6L. Glory! A massive grind just to guarantee something that you probably already had enough Fusings for but you couldn't be sure, so fucking time sink grind slave bitch for X more months to get a guaranteed 6L when you probably only needed one additional link on your 5L anyway.

Spoiler
Yeah, I am really going to save up 1500 Fusings AND get level Vorici to level 7, just so I can buy one more link for my 5L that I have had for over a year :/

Thanks for the guaranteed 6L opportunity, GGG, but please fuck off with Vorici and improve Fusings already. Vorici is blasphemy spitting in the face of the implementation of socket-crafting Orbs. There should never have been guaranteed socket crafting options, at least not before the socket-crafting Orbs got refined to be more user-friendly. GGG has not improved socket crafting with FM, they added expensive guaranteed outcomes behind grind and left socket crafting materials in a piece of shit broken legacy state. Using Vorici is not "socket crafting"; it is paying an NPC to socket craft for you, and Fusings and Jeweler's, and Chromatics, specifically for off-color rolling, are such garbage that people are actually willing to grind Vorici just to not have to use them.

Yeah, I'm mad bro.. and sad bro :(

Does anyone know who created/implemented Fusings, Jeweler's, and Chromatics? Are they still around? Are they too scared to re-assess these Orbs? Is there any good reason why we got Vorici instead of fundamental Orb improvements? GGG, what da fuck are you doing with socket crafting!?
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Oct 20, 2014, 11:44:10 PM
I have Vori7 but never used his service. Spending 1500fuse in one batch, the equivalent of 37.5Ex on Std, when I could simply buy the 6L on XYZ for less (say a 6L CoD for 30Ex) doesn't seem like a good deal. So I just play play the lottery like before, settling for a 5L when I get one. Hard to sustain mana with more than 5L on many builds anyway I find.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
.. Hard to sustain mana with more than 5L on many builds anyway I find.
This is an good point. There is a natural trade-off in obtaining a 6L that is attack/spell costs. The 6th link is truly the least needed link. It is a shame GGG has put such a ridiculous premium on a single link which already has a natural trade-off. The fucking mess going from a 5L to a 6L ... Ugh. GGG has some abusive troll devs. I'm guessing it all comes down to "end game state and min/maxing". GGG wants to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for players to obtain "final" gear. It is not even about how useful the "final" gear is or how much power the gear brings, it is about keeping you grinding for the sake of keeping you grinding. Arbitrary time and currency sinks; GGG is pro at them.
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
kasub wrote:
"
It is actually crazy to have Vorici lvl 7 and not have 1,500 fusings.

Literally anyone who has done master rotations or master speedruns then.. or anyone who regularly speedruns lower maps.

I don't have anywhere near 1500 pure fusing in my rampage stash but almost all my masters are above 7 and some nearing 8.

So people who waste their time in low level content instead of chaining maps...
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Antnee wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:
I have to wonder how often this is happening-- people having 1500 fusings before they can use them in the bench. I wonder if a dev is also looking at that. They perhaps should.

It's crazy to me someone hit 1500fuse and not level 7 Vorici.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Mine is *almost* there, and I don't have nearly that amount of fusings sitting in my stash. I also trade lightly. So, eh.

I'd love to know if there are other players in this predicament.

Ofcourse.

Remember, a lot of players boss-run and build up their fusings that way. Boss running to Dom or Piety typically doesn't involve running into masters too often.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
I can 6L the item for you, you just need to give me the fusings and the items you want to have linked and ill do it for you
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
The perk of the sixth link is to be able to socket Item Rarity / Item Quantity (neither of which add Mana Multiplier, btw). Unless you're using a Cast on Crit build, which tend to require more links than typical builds, you can get by with a 4-link for a lot of primary attacks. But I always like having the 6-link to be able to have both IIQ and IIR on my primary attack.

That said, it's usually cheaper to buy a pre-made 6-link, unless you're talking about something rare where people are charging unrealistic amounts. I'd have to check to be sure, but it may in fact be cheaper to buy an unlink Atziri Splendour and Vorici it, than to buy an exorbitantly overpriced 6-link.
Last edited by HoosTrax on Oct 1, 2014, 7:47:43 AM
"
Antnee wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
Antnee wrote:

It's crazy to me someone hit 1500fuse and not level 7 Vorici.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

Mine is *almost* there, and I don't have nearly that amount of fusings sitting in my stash. I also trade lightly. So, eh.

I'd love to know if there are other players in this predicament.

i am .

I m not bothered by leveling Masters...other people do it in my guilde ;)
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
I bet it is pretty often because players generally need a shit ton of Fusings before they can begin manually rolling for a 6L, and players had been saving Fusings to manually roll OR for the known upcoming "crafting improvements" much before Forsaken Masters hit. It turns out, even if you had been saving Fusings for months before FM, one would still need to grind out Vorici to level 8 in order to get the guaranteed 6L. Glory! A massive grind just to guarantee something that you probably already had enough Fusings for but you couldn't be sure, so fucking time sink grind slave bitch for X more months to get a guaranteed 6L when you probably only needed one additional link on your 5L anyway.

Yeah, I am really going to save up 1500 Fusings AND get level Vorici to level 8, just so I can buy one more link for my 5L that I have had for over a year. :/

Does anyone know who created/implemented Fusings, Jeweler's, and Chromatics? Are they still around? Are they too scared to re-assess these Orbs? Is there any good reason why we got Vorici instead of fundamental Orb improvements? GGG, what da fuck are you doing with socket crafting!?

You don't need lvl 8 tho... bro : P. And farming lvl 7 is far from a multi-month farm. If you use groups to farm it, I think it might be a matter of a solid week of play, at most. So, yeah.
Orbs are ok, you are just angry :X
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info