So who has been using curse on hit since the change?

I've used it before and after.

Before it was limited, but somewhat mediocre.

After it is still limited because you can't use with traps or totem, but it's decent. Increased effectiveness of curses in passive tree makes it very good and Dying Breath change makes it ridiculous. Depending on setup, Enhance is better than triple or quad cursing. Also depending on your build you can effectively weapon swap to curse. Makes it seem more versatile than it really is; it still is limited use on certain builds.

Personally if I have a character that uses curses, I would force a way to use it if I have enough slots after everything else although weapon swap can be an option.
Last edited by YellowMage on Oct 1, 2014, 2:58:08 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
Getting 2 xurses cosrs 3 passives now

UR DOIN IT RONG

no u are

id never wear that ammy. give up to mucch
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 1, 2014, 3:39:25 AM

its pretty decent.
I'm using
"
Only time I've ever seen this used was with 2 trigger gems but that's no longer possible now so in my eyes I think It's a wasted slot.

Really..? I've seen PLENTY of Arc+Curse on Hit combos lately with Summoners.

Curse + Shock Stacks? Sign me up.

However Cast on Melee Kill.. I just don't see it being used, ever.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Oct 1, 2014, 4:22:17 AM
"
Derpey wrote:
"
Only time I've ever seen this used was with 2 trigger gems but that's no longer possible now so in my eyes I think It's a wasted slot.

Really..? I've seen PLENTY of Arc+Curse on Hit combos lately with Summoners.

I think he is talking about stuff like:

Lvl1 cast on damage taken
+lvl<31 arc (or whatever multitarget spell you want to use)
+lvl20 curse on hit
+lvl20 curse

That way you got a lvl20 curse on a lvl1 cwdt, which probably was kind of broken (I dunno, doesn't feel too broken to me), so it was removed from the game.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 1, 2014, 6:18:30 AM
I use it with TS (ts-ppad-icd-gmp-coh-ass.mark). Completely unnecessary but helps clear times significantly. For curse immune maps, replace with pcoc and added light.
I use it on my Lightning Strike build. I LOVE IT! It is especially good if you are using dual curse, I weapon swap to Quill Rain with curse on hit on split arrow with offensive curses. Mana cost is SO CHEAP, and the curses get massive buffs.
curse on hit change is quite amazing, and it seems like through the forums its being abused that way, as it should be.

curse on hit for a puncture build. thats what i'll have in place shortly. LA+vulnerability. shock and curse for HUUUGE amounts of added bleed dmg. can still make it work with just 2x 4 sockets. even better with 2x 5s and of course amazing with 2x 6s.

curse on hit makes the application cheap, so much more effective, and more powerful. dual curses might become a staple now
warp + reduced duration + curse on hit + frostbite

=> ice nova build ftw :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info