[1.2.x Beyond] Jentes' Crit Lightning strike with Abyssus | 900% crit multi 75-150k dps

"
sidtherat wrote:
I think it is you who is confused at this point. Youve made an assumption or two and based your post on that. Try to read it again and tell me what is difficult to understand for you so i can explain it better.

Btw. I know perfectly well what and what scales which part of LS damage, thanks. Read my post again and note that it is about herald of ash plus proliferation. Herald of ash promotes BIG hits. Multistrike cuts them in more than half thus making the biggest dmg source (proliferated burn) a lot less effective. Faster attack do not have such effect. And melee damage is for melee attacks and has nothing to do with projectiles.

Well maybe you are some kind of mad genius.

Only one of the two gems - PPAD or Melee Physical - are in effect at any one time. I don't know that you could do something more efficient because I don't know your tree or gear.

As for scaling HoA with EP - can't say I'm a fan of it. It isn't effective against bosses unless there are minions around.

But if you like it - that's what counts.

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Oct 2, 2014, 7:43:47 AM
I read your discussion, and from my point of view you are talking about totally different playstyles.
I can agree about HoA being good if you scale it with big hits and prolif burn, that was even shown in a build of the week episode. But that is not the idea I had when I made this build.

My take on it was to make a hybrid, fast-paced, killing machine. It was supposed to be very mobile and flexible, and should have no added difficulty killing bosses than it should have killing packs.

I found that my current build, with the 2 heralds ontop, is perfectly sufficient for clearing any pack I so far have encounterd, while still killing off rares/bosses in the blink of an eye. I permafreeze every boss I have taken on so far (up to shrine Piety), and I guess that speaks for itself.

Still enjoying the feedback and different approaches, although sometimes ppl might argue about something that does not even refer to the base build I'm showcasing :)
IGN: HowToDoADab
"
Jente wrote:

My take on it was to make a hybrid, fast-paced, killing machine. It was supposed to be very mobile and flexible, and should have no added difficulty killing bosses than it should have killing packs.

I found that my current build, with the 2 heralds ontop, is perfectly sufficient for clearing any pack I so far have encounterd, while still killing off rares/bosses in the blink of an eye. I permafreeze every boss I have taken on so far (up to shrine Piety), and I guess that speaks for itself.

Still enjoying the feedback and different approaches, although sometimes ppl might argue about something that does not even refer to the base build I'm showcasing :)

Yes sorry for the unintentional thread hijack, I agree with your build approach.

I still don't get the opposing gems, slow weapon, with attack speed gem thing. But like you said that has nothing to do with your build.

Anyway, best of luck and I'll keep an eye on your thread for any new developments.

Just one quick thing this tree saves you a point
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4FtQguDkgRlhUgFr8ZjiLiI_Yk_SaVKgsqTSpbLOEs6TB8NZI_J0M2RwZH4kp9SshLV02STeNRR1FMUuxVS1boVvVW-luvYeJirGegbIxuqm-ecFJwVncHd9d59n1bfXV9438rgwmHE4d2jDaNfY2_joqQG5fQmhObjZyknaqfgqQ5plemf6c0rEesZq_rsbO0xbVItfK5PsCcwOPC7MpK0IHTftQj1orYdti9227b1N0N4JXjhOdU7UHtg-4O73rxs_Pq9vz8xf6P_rr_3jY9bWw=
interesting build, found i stayed alive longer with lightning strike then molten (im big fans of both:)
Loving the build just a few questions about the passive tree,

Why not take phase acro?
would help alot since we're not running any purities and when in parties with purity auras, even better.
Anyway i'm going to skip heartseeker and take that instead.

Why skip path of the warrior? the phys dmg would work on both the hit and proj right? plus this build needs alot of str on gear so that helps too.

Also skill duration nodes, helps with IC/V haste(i'm going to run V Grace instead)

Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info