Well im done

How to deal with Dsync.

a: Don't, quit the game.

b: 1) Make sure your not losing packets/have stable internet connection poe requires it.

2) Learn how and make a /oos macro.(learn to use it at the right time aka not when vaal is smashing lol.)

3) Use keystone/items that remove stun from your character. (stun is 25-50% of the dsync you see)

4) Don't use movement skills, ever. ( I know it sucks but its also a huge dsync factor)

5) Don't ever hover over enemies, pretend your using cyclone and never target mobs, always target around your character DON'T go point the cursor anywhere more then like... 1-2 centimeters on your character onscreen...ever.

6) Learn that some content was not meant to be done by your build, and ignore that content/make new build able to do all content.

A) is easier, b) is not possible for everyone, mostly only people really dedicated to the game, maybe too dedicated, but for the most part it woooorks?.

(my opinion is that having to do B) is stupid, and they need to fix the game as clearly if so much is needed there needs rework, but i know ggg likes releasing more content for those elite pc masters who move behind GGG towers and have 0ms lag, i cant do anything about it , so i do b) because i play poe because of its potential, not what the game actually is rightnow lol)

hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Sep 28, 2014, 12:16:33 PM
Whitr knights telling others that it is our fault.. priceless

Sad trth is that ggg did a lot recently to make desync worse than it was

60% fleet map mod

Fracturing

Haku narrow maps with totems

Entire act3x tileset and mobs that clutter everything and screw predictive pathing

Lower hp -> more stuns

They know their engine is meh and they keep adding stuff the very engine cant handle.
i feel for you man sorry it happen and all i blame the servers also reason i quit playing hardcore also i blame the game developers for not making the currencies all vendors to sell ps i blame all the bots for foreign countries cough cough China .... for multi account botting to farm orbs to sell in there web shops. But most would say they have nadda to do with it but thats my 2 cents rofl hope u stay around since u did pay for your status here would be a waste of cash unless u sold it to some 1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
learning how to fucking deal with the problem(which is rather easy) and having so little desync that the only time you'll see it is when you have a problem with your connection.

Lol, do these people actually believe this crap they write?

Oh tell me, great wise one. Learn me, teach me, bestow upon me this great knowledge so that monsters won't repeatedly desync in front of my very eyes, constantly, with 100 ping, with 50 ping, with 20 ping.
With wireless, with wired 5/1 and with wired 50/10 broadband.

I thought, me just standing still might do the trick, but apparently there's more I can do.

Lol, again.
Casually casual.

"
Sawm wrote:
How to deal with Dsync.

4) Don't use movement skills, ever. ( I know it sucks but its also a huge dsync factor)

5) Don't ever hover over enemies, pretend your using cyclone and never target mobs, always target around your character DON'T go point the cursor anywhere more then like... 1-2 centimeters on your character onscreen...ever.

Actually learned something here. Perhaps I won't rule melee out completely.

Thanks!
So explain me this:

- Wired TWIN gigabit connection to my router. My "Router" is actually a Sandy i5 2500 ITX system running at 3,3Ghz with 4GB. It has a 4ms latency to my gaming desktop. (12 meters of Cat 6 cable)
- It receives a 200/200 connection over fiberglass. I have a 5-6ms latency to my ISP and usually get 24-27.6MB/s up or down depending on the network load.
- The Amsterdam IE has 12 latency to my gaming desktop. PoE runs at 14-16ms normally.

==

Using a SRS build (so I don't target stuff) without any movement skills;

MAJOR DESYNC issues. Maps with speed mods? Devourers = desync, discharger teleporting = desync.
Opening a Strongbox? Occasionally 1-2 seconds (FULL SECONDS!?) op lagspikes, causing my demise.

TBH, this kind of connection is as good as it gets for PoE. I'm only 80 KM from their servers on glass. My system is far over the recommended specifications, heck, even my "modem/router" qualifies for the recommended system requirements.

I GET DESYNCS. There is nothing left to blame, it is the game. I don't consider HC playable because of these issues. My non hardcore characters even when completely overpowered die to silly stuff occasionally because of "connection issues". (The char I use to play 77-78 maps with and that has killed Atziri died to a lvl 66 area strongbox)
If your build has to click on mobs, you gonna get raped sooner or later, no matter if you use "movements skills" or not (even a quicksilver flask is a "movement skill" ffs). Mobs themsleves desync at an alarming rate and they are getting more stupid with every patch.

Open a door, fire a few shots inside and watch the clumsy AI trying to fit mobs through, with them appearing & dissapearing through the doorway... No top-notch hardware or communication infrastructure can save you from this problem.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 29, 2014, 7:02:18 PM
"
morbo wrote:
If your build has to click on mobs, you gonna get raped sooner or later, no matter if you use "movements skills" or not (even a quicksilver flask is a "movement skill" ffs). Mobs themsleves desync at an alarming rate and they are getting more stupid with every patch.

Open a door, fire a few shots inside and watch the clumsy AI trying to fit mobs through, with them appearing & dissapearing through the doorway...

Agreed on the your going to be desync'd anyway part. As an experiment I sat in place, using no skills in the coast zone in a almost empty area of the map (wide open space with just a lore obelisk in it)... ad I found the monsters were perma-desync'd (even with /oos) with a constant stream of them running at me and teleporting away. My guess is they were bumping into the lore obelisk and the server would panic and have no clue what to do with them, so they would be dragged back to their spawn point just to try again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info