[1.3] Zhen's CI Block Daggers [Cheap][Versatile] [30k++ aoe, 200/20+ MF]

"
deadmeat9 wrote:
Thanks for this, was thinking about trying a CI ST build next league but not good with making my own tree.

How well does this do with high level maps and map mods while soloing?

See "Tankier Setup with Rathpith+Rainbowstrides" in build summary for defensive stats in tougher maps.

High level maps are easy to solo, with my clear speed only affected by time spent picking up rares/uniques. The only map mod I cannot do is blood magic. If the map has two or more risky damage mods (exiles, +4 proj, -max resistance...), I will use the tankier setup.

When partying in 76-78 maps, I prefer to switch to the tankier setup (50/20 less MF) because my 5L flicker damage isn't quite enough for full-party mobs at lv76. I use reave and lightning strike (missing 2nd green slot in 5L for LMP+ST).
Last edited by Zhen on Nov 8, 2014, 3:14:25 PM
Updated endgame portion of guide to include switch from Eye of Chayula to Cast when Stunned->ED->IC->Decoy Totem.
Another question for you.
Do you leave any of the gems un-leveled or only partly leveled? like any of the ones with the Herald setup, or the cast on stun setup?

And while I'm at it, do yo uuse any skills for charge gains?
Last edited by Yarik85 on Nov 11, 2014, 5:39:09 AM
"
Yarik85 wrote:
Another question for you.
Do you leave any of the gems un-leveled or only partly leveled? like any of the ones with the Herald setup, or the cast on stun setup?

And while I'm at it, do yo uuse any skills for charge gains?

Hi:

1. No.
The CwDT setup is the only thing I leave at lv1-3(IC)-5(ED), in order to be reflect-safe. All other gems I fully level (they all get better with level without any downsides, including Cast when Stunned).

2. Yes, passively generated and sustained on kill.
Frenzy Charges and leech: Blood Rage
Power Charges and increased crit on high-health targets: Herald of Thunder->Reduced Mana->Curse on Hit->Assassin's Mark
-Herald of thunder's effect is centered around me, and flicker strike takes me to the mobs. As a result, a number of mobs are cursed with assassin's mark as I flicker to them. The assassin's mark then gives me power charges on kill.

Last edited by Zhen on Nov 12, 2014, 3:06:21 AM
Thanks for being so helpful in your replies ;)
Don't mean to bugger you so much about it.
And just wanted to let you know, thanks a lot for the Searing Bond suggestion :)
Because I was using a facebreaker setup with infernal blow, and just facerolled all the way through to beginning of act 3 cruel. But then I really started to struggle. Not for the lack of DPS, but I died really quickly, because had no HP or armor passives, so was walking around with 800 HP and like 100 ES.
So I switched up for some of my ES gear (since I am picking up all the ES passives), and got a Searing Bond + inc burning, plus a fire trap and a fireball shower spell. Now running around with 600 HP and 1400 ES (with a low level Discipline), and although it is slower killing than the Facebreaker, but at least I am able to do the Barracks/Lunaris at a steady pace, not dying every 3-4 packs.
Ramble over.
Status Update:
1.1 Skill tree based on Iron Reflexes+Aura (tree reduced mana reserved nodes got nerfed)
1.2 Skill tree based on block (tree block got nerfed)
1.3 Skill tree based on undecided

Only tree added for now until I can give updated numbers for 1.3 tree.
Last edited by Zhen on Dec 13, 2014, 2:12:28 AM
this build works with other skill?
Would be nice to get a 1.3 update with passives and any changes to the skills/gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info