Top Free to Play Games...

"
gunrunaid wrote:
Cool. Tried most of those games. But what I'm playing now is Fallen Earth and I like it a lot. Just went F2P the other day and has been plagued by server crashes since. Aside from that, excellent game that I'm surprised I never heard of.

I was in the closed beta for Fallen Earth, great concept but man that was one broken buggy game, even for a beta. Pathing was absolutely the worst Ive ever seen in any game bar none.

Would be interesting to see how far its come now, after submitting feedback for a while I stopped playing the beta cause I knew it would be a lonnnggg time before it was good enough to consider playing. In truth the Beta was more like an Alpha.
Last edited by RodHull on Oct 17, 2011, 7:08:02 PM
STO is going to F2P soon. Definitely not the most polished MMO, but the space combat is pretty unique. Space can be very pretty, and has some really good sound design, both in terms of music, and all the little sound effects straight from the show.
Last edited by Lmaoboat on Oct 17, 2011, 8:46:34 PM
double poast
Last edited by Lmaoboat on Oct 17, 2011, 8:45:36 PM
I liked Age of Conan a lot when it first came out. VERY smooth launch with no issues but it just died down after a few nerf-based patches. Not the mention that people out-leveled the content. Protip: Don't release a game without endgame content or a blank spot in the middle levels.

Also actually bought Fallen Earth from when it came out because I love apocalypse themed games. The movement system was wonky but overall it was fun. I ended up quitting when I didn't feel like paying monthly fee anymore (and had no friends playing it). Also got my horse stuck in a building...

All Points Bulletin was VERY fun when it came out as well. Me and about 10 other people all bought it and enjoyed the crap out of it. Driving around with friends is a riot! We stopped playing when it died and the servers closed down. None of use plan to download/get the F2P version, though.

Note to self: If an MMO-ish game is coming out and it looks GREAT, and is fun for the first 10/20-ish levels. DON'T BUY IT. Chances are it will die and go F2P, that is how Taric's luck runs.
I try to be as respectful as I can to you, whether I agree with your opinions or not. I only ask that you grant me the same courtesy.
"
Taric wrote:
I liked Age of Conan a lot when it first came out. VERY smooth launch with no issues but it just died down after a few nerf-based patches. Not the mention that people out-leveled the content. Protip: Don't release a game without endgame content or a blank spot in the middle levels.

Also actually bought Fallen Earth from when it came out because I love apocalypse themed games. The movement system was wonky but overall it was fun. I ended up quitting when I didn't feel like paying monthly fee anymore (and had no friends playing it). Also got my horse stuck in a building...

All Points Bulletin was VERY fun when it came out as well. Me and about 10 other people all bought it and enjoyed the crap out of it. Driving around with friends is a riot! We stopped playing when it died and the servers closed down. None of use plan to download/get the F2P version, though.

Note to self: If an MMO-ish game is coming out and it looks GREAT, and is fun for the first 10/20-ish levels. DON'T BUY IT. Chances are it will die and go F2P, that is how Taric's luck runs.

Haha. There's been plenty of MMO's I've played that have gone well. It usually ends up crashing because the Devs want some sort of drastic change and ruin the game in the process. ie. Star Wars Galaxies NGE/CU move.
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.
World of tanks - world war 2 tank mmo, two teams try kill each other or capture the flag. can upgrade tanks and get better ones. http://worldoftanks.com/
"
Lmaoboat wrote:
STO is going to F2P soon. Definitely not the most polished MMO, but the space combat is pretty unique. Space can be very pretty, and has some really good sound design, both in terms of music, and all the little sound effects straight from the show.

Yeah my multi-gaming group still runs in STO daily. Hopefully the free to play change helps get it going again. I have a Lifetime Membership for that game... got it coming out of beta. BAD move and not one I'll make again.

Also for any of you pilots out there watch for two new games coming:

- World of Planes (Same developer as World of Tanks). "Action based"
- World of Warplanes. "Simulation based".
Join the Veterans of War! See the thread in Off-topic for details.
Quake Live
League of Legends is pretty high up there, cash shop items are just skins and nothing that affects gameplay whatsoever. There are EXP and IP(In-game currency to buy champions etc.) boost items but you can manage perfectly fine without them and they don't affect gameplay since you will most likely be against people the same level as you.
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e6dff781f6a8020692865
"
It usually ends up crashing because the Devs want some sort of drastic change and ruin the game in the process. ie. Star Wars Galaxies NGE/CU move.

Little known fact, SWG was actually failing long before Sony gimped the game with the NGE. Sony in fact only tried the whole NGE thing cause player numbers were dropping so dramatically that they felt they needed to redesign the whole thing cause it was fatally flawed. Sadly a hardcore of a few hundred players who love a game are not enough to keep the servers running, that was the reality of where SWG was headed.

Ironically the NGE just sped the process of death up rather than preventing it, but its a common myth that SWG was fine before the NGE it wasnt, it was dieing badly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info