Increased Experience in Maps

"
Punica1980 wrote:
Death and taxes map has 10.000% xp on boss, and increased damage on boss, nothing else.Np xp on rest of the map thus.

Keep in mind boss is Merveil 2.0, not the easiest boss ingame atm.

That map, and untainted paradise map from Zana (1.000 to 1.200% increased xp on whole map) are the only maps with increased XP.
The mentioned uniques are an option, but not worth the slots IMO.

Best option is, as said, more magic and/or rare monsters and packsize. Totems in maps also works: each totems has a pack around it = extra mobs.

Edit: untainted Paradise is a lvl66 map. So even with the increased XP only usefull when pre-lvl80. If you are higher level you just might do high level maps, same xp but with loot.

Actually high levels pay ''high'' for paradise slots,simply because even at lvl 90+ paradise will give you more exp than any other map even with the penalty. Not to mention that you can clear it who knows how many times faster than any top level map simply because at high levels you will be alching your 76++ maps,which does not always mean a quick and easy clear no matter what build you are,and i ought to know cuz i am running arc tank.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:

Actually high levels pay ''high'' for paradise slots,simply because even at lvl 90+ paradise will give you more exp than any other map even with the penalty. Not to mention that you can clear it who knows how many times faster than any top level map simply because at high levels you will be alching your 76++ maps,which does not always mean a quick and easy clear no matter what build you are,and i ought to know cuz i am running arc tank.

I don't know why anyone would pay for an untainted paradise spot because the whopping 3 bars of XP (15%) at level 81 wasn't awe inspiring. I guess if you have the currency, it's another avenue to get a little push.

Last edited by Skywalkerfx on Oct 1, 2014, 4:53:12 PM
"
Punica1980 wrote:
Death and taxes map has 10.000% xp on boss, and increased damage on boss, nothing else.Np xp on rest of the map thus.

That map, and untainted paradise map from Zana (1.000 to 1.200% increased xp on whole map) are the only maps with increased XP.
Poorjoy's Asylum have 150% inc XP gain
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
Skywalkerfx wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:

I don't know why anyone would pay for an untainted paradise spot because the whopping 3 bars of XP (15%) at level 81 wasn't awe inspiring. I guess if you have the currency, it's another avenue to get a little push.

i got 30% at 83 - i will be happy everytime i get the chance to do it again, but yes: higher maps are just nicer to run.
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Punica1980 wrote:

Poorjoy's Asylum have 150% inc XP gain

totally forgot that one:)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1119850
Selling Crit Bow ilvl 68-75 (Mostly White)
"
Daiena wrote:
"
Punica1980 wrote:

Best option is, as said, more magic and/or rare monsters and packsize. Totems in maps also works: each totems has a pack around it = extra mobs.

Edit: untainted Paradise is a lvl66 map. So even with the increased XP only usefull when pre-lvl80. If you are higher level you just might do high level maps, same xp but with loot.

LA / puncture ranger myself. I speed through every map with ease. Level 90 atm.
I do see a lot of people willing to pay for Untainted paradise, but for me the xp is not worth it. I clear any highlevel map there is in the same time for the same or better xp. Next time I get untainted I will check te xp gained at the end to be sure.

Disclaimer: My build allows quick mapping. I do understand that for most high level players time vs xp gained will be better in Untainted paradise, just not for me. Also, paying for that and not getting loot just for some Xp, kinda meh IMO. So I stand by my point: >lvl80 Untainted Paradise is nice if you get it, but nothing mor, better doing normals maps.
"
Punica1980 wrote:
"
Daiena wrote:
"
Punica1980 wrote:

LA / puncture ranger myself. I speed through every map with ease. Level 90 atm.
I do see a lot of people willing to pay for Untainted paradise, but for me the xp is not worth it. I clear any highlevel map there is in the same time for the same or better xp. Next time I get untainted I will check te xp gained at the end to be sure.

Disclaimer: My build allows quick mapping. I do understand that for most high level players time vs xp gained will be better in Untainted paradise, just not for me. Also, paying for that and not getting loot just for some Xp, kinda meh IMO. So I stand by my point: >lvl80 Untainted Paradise is nice if you get it, but nothing mor, better doing normals maps.

unbelievable, but got Untainted Paradise last night when doing dailies. We do 4-man group dailies, all have Zana, mine had Untainted Paradise: 1038%. This was the 2nd time we got it since release.
4-man party (82, 82, 89 and lvl 90) with 1038% xp boost from map: I got 2,5% xp

Ran 2 Palace maps last night (after dying twice on Shrine, dropping me back to 0%)
first with 38% incr. pack size
second with 50% incr. pack size

both maps: 4,5% xp each
Ran both maps solo, didn't kill Dominus (hate him)

also had a very lucky drop in the first Palace:

IMO: xp based, mapping is better when doing high enough maps. Lower level players will benefit more from Untainted where at a certain point untainted will provide more xp of course. But my initial point was that for high level players it isn't worth it which I still stand by.
My lvl 82 daily partner got 15% from Untainted last night.

I understand people want to do Untainted Paradise, even high levels. Easy Xp, simple.
But paying for it? Not worth it, my 2 cents.
Rolled 2 easy lvl78 maps, used barely no curreny, got more xp and got loot. Better then spamming chat all night to find a map.
Above does rely on a decent map pool. But any1 reaching level 90 should be able to have that

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info