How does it end?

It does become a grind fest, but this isn't necessarily bad, and it is in the studio's name: Grinding Gear Games. It is a treasure hunting game.
"
Mivo wrote:
It is a treasure hunting game.

Ouch! Your posts, Mivo, are usually spot on (in my eyes), and your arguments are always close to my views. But this was just strange.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Just don't mistake PoE for WoW and you'll be fine.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:

Ouch! Your posts, Mivo, are usually spot on (in my eyes), and your arguments are always close to my views. But this was just strange.

How is it not?

*prepares for some trade/RMT/bot laced argument that does not hold water*
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:

How is it not?

PoE is obviously a forum QQ game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It really depends on you... I play HC, so it 'ends' when my character dies, or I get tired of playing it and retire it. Playing SC usually ends when you get bored of it and blame the game for being boring. Then you get to come here and post about the 1000s of hours you played a game that 'sucks'.

Play for fun. When the fun stops, the game ends.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:

How is it not?

First: I do not hate on trading. Trading IS and SHOULD be a huge part of any game of this genre. It may just be my definition of the word "treasure" and "hunt" that made me disagree here. I just don't see currency as treasure. And we can't buy a treasure. So treasure in my eyes are uniques - and we can't hunt those, as you do not know where to look.

In other words: I'm just a bitter, old man - who has played this game for 3 years, MF'ing high level maps, without finding one "treasure".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Totally wrong. Trading isn't intrinsic to this genre. It's cheating. It's having someone else play the game for you.

You're free to do it... but don't change the basic structure of an entire genre just to justify your choice to cheat.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Play for fun. When the fun stops, the game ends.

I wish more people on game forums thought this way instead of complaining that they're bored after a thousand hours of gameplay.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Totally wrong. Trading isn't intrinsic to this genre. It's cheating. It's having someone else play the game for you.

You're free to do it... but don't change the basic structure of an entire genre just to justify your choice to cheat.

Hey, I do not trade, so stop your witch hunt right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info