Computer crashes with no bsod [solved]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solution

seems to be an issue specific to the gtx 780ti, not sure why but the only solution to the issue I could find was downloading an over clocking program, I used Nvidia Inspector and under clocking the gpu by about 40Mhz, this fixed both the random crashes I was getting, and the almost instant crashes that were caused by turning vsync off, hopefully this can help anyone else with a similar issue

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So only over the past 2 days has this started, every time I get into a large fight, the screen of my computer goes black sound still plays for about half a second and then the computer reboots.
I've tried, --nosound,-swa etc and it still seems to crash.

Im running a gtx 780ti with vsync on( without it, it also causes crashes), and my cpu and gpu temp's are sitting at 40-45c, This only occurs for poe I can play all other games without any issues.

The whocrashed dump is as follows

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

computer name:
windows version: Windows 8.1 , 6.2, build: 9200
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., MAXIMUS VII HERO
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17120010240 total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 17/07/2014 11:59:15 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071814-6781-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xDA (0x504, 0xFFFFF6E80012E070, 0x0, 0x5C0E)
Error: SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) routine has been used in an improper way.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 17/07/2014 11:59:15 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xDA (0x504, 0xFFFFF6E80012E070, 0x0, 0x5C0E)
Error: SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
Bug check description: This indicates that a page table entry (PTE) routine has been used in an improper way.
There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Any help would be appreciated as the game is currently unplayable.

Edit: dxdiag can be found http://pastebin.com/c8rxrAqg was to big to edit into the post directly

Last edited by _Apparitions_ on Oct 19, 2014, 5:04:53 PM
I would guess your graphics driver has become compromised, and you are receiving a page fault due to the now buggy driver. Check to see if a modded driver, like one from guru3D can help.
"
I would guess your graphics driver has become compromised, and you are receiving a page fault due to the now buggy driver. Check to see if a modded driver, like one from guru3D can help.

I took a look at guru3d and all the drivers on there appear to be for older versions of windows, im running 8.1 atm, could this be part of the issue? not entirely sure what I should look for in a modded driver would you be able to recommend any?

Thanks!
Make clean install of latest videodrivers
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
Make clean install of latest videodrivers

Just did a clean install, the crashes still occur but now they lock up the computer with a black screen/no sound and im forced to hard reset the computer to unfreeze it.
Post dxdiag
It can be driver overwriting problem or faulting ram
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Sep 27, 2014, 4:40:03 AM
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
Post dxdiag
It can be driver overwriting problem or faulting ram

Updated OP with the dxdiag
Try to disable GPUtweak, run checkdisk and memtest

Try to install video drivers from asus site (with clean install again)
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
Try to disable GPUtweak, run checkdisk and memtest

Try to install video drivers from asus site (with clean install again)

Sorry about late reply, I tried all of those and the issue still persists, I have figured out that running --nosound and turning all graphics options down to the lowest possible settings prevents the crashes but if I change either of these the crashes start again, no idea why this is the case as my computer should be more then able to handle the graphics in just about any game.
Bump, issues still there and it continues to be annoying, anymore more suggestions as to a fix would be appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info