Mortal Conviction....

... is designed for life builds, not ES builds. It should halve your ES the same way Acrobatics halves your ES/Armor. Because it is not meant to be used together with those and leads to unwanted outcomes (99% of BM/Mortal Conviction users are LL ES characters). As long as ES characters are allowed to use it withouth penalty, it can never be properly balanced to be useful for life characters.

Thoughts?

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Zed_ wrote:
... is designed for life builds, not ES builds. It should halve your ES the same way Acrobatics halves your ES/Armor. Because it is not meant to be used together with those and leads to unwanted outcomes (99% of BM/Mortal Conviction users are LL ES characters). As long as ES characters are allowed to use it withouth penalty, it can never be properly balanced to be useful for life characters.

Thoughts?

Devs should really start looking the forums for feedback and ideas, some of them are brilliant just like yours. Well done sir.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
...is designed for life builds, not ES builds.

Why don't you want Lowlife es builds to use it?
"
DiabloII wrote:
"
...is designed for life builds, not ES builds.

Why don't you want Lowlife es builds to use it?

Because it feels cheesy.

Other than travelling there, it comes at no cost.
"60% less mana reserved" is way better than using mana and life for auras. Not only is the number 60% making it better, but you also save the BM gem which multiplies mana reservation.

---

Blood Magic:
"Use life instead of mana.
10% more maximum health, mana pool is zero"

Mortal conviction:
"60% less mana reserved.
ES is turned into armor."

---

Or, even more simple:

Blood Magic:
"Use life instead of mana, ES becomes zero (not mana!)."
Then you can remove MC. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Oct 14, 2014, 1:30:03 AM
No life based build takes bm because 2-3 auras are providing much more benefits then 1 gem slot you use for bm gem, maybe besides flame or shockwave totems,

but if you didnt noticed yet ggg gives a fuck about their forums or balance and if you want a dev to read your feedback go to fucking reddit
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
StormHunter wrote:
No life based build takes bm because 2-3 auras are providing much more benefits then 1 gem slot you use for bm gem, maybe besides flame or shockwave totems,

but if you didnt noticed yet ggg gives a fuck about their forums or balance and if you want a dev to read your feedback go to fucking reddit

This is not balance. This request for a breakdown of balance.

>Blood Magic:
>"Use life instead of mana, ES becomes zero (not mana!)."

Especially it makes no sense.
+1
imo only RF and facebreaker builds are good for STR classes :/ INT and DEX classes have Mind Drinker, Eldritch Battery, Acrobatics, more crit nodes and this Mortal Conviction is almost useless for life-based melee chars, no matter high block chance/unwavering stance/more life, because it still worth use 2-3 auras with mana and use BM gem or reduced cost of skills or mana leech istead BM keystone an MC :/ what about AA which is like 10-15k armour+some fire defense, but melee chars can't hit 20k+ armour so easily and have to go for IR /especially with 2H weapon and without end-game gears/ -it's like determination aura to gives us +x% block and spell block chance and why not even +x% to max block...
-GGG have to think about the balance...if we can say there is any balance
BM is designed for life builds not ES builds. It should remove ES the same way Eldritch Battery does.

Following your logic anyway.

FYI MC is in no way comparable to Acrobatics and therefore the downsides are in no way comparable. Nevermind that the dev's most certainly considered the impact of MC and its interaction with ES builds. It just happens that the issue is not in fact MC.

It's auras and low life.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
krab90 wrote:

>Blood Magic:
>"Use life instead of mana, ES becomes zero (not mana!)."

Nice idea, at least, it will make Mind Over Matter viable for non-ES characters, suddenly...
There will be no point not to take MoM if you take BM :)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 17, 2014, 4:20:11 PM
I'd rather like to see something like:

BM:
- Use Life instead of mana for skills (not auras)
- 25% of your mana is permanently reserved (basicly the drawback, cost of about 1 herald)
- 10% more mana cost for skills

That way, BM is actually usuable by life based characters and has a decent drawback like most keystone, but it wouldn't ruin builds people spent ages on finishing.

for MC, I'd suggest to add the remove mana that MB has now.

so the new MC would be:
- Auras reserve x% less [dunno if 60% is ok or not, not really concerning me]
- All mana is removed, and life is used for spells+reservations

That way, MC would stay usable for ES builds, it would just have a bit more of a drawback (basicly the 25% permanently reserved mana from BM would affect your life now), but BM would finally be usable by life based builds for an acceptable sacrifice (loosing 1 herald, but getting 1 more free slot on your skill)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info