Why poe is one of the best and the worst game at the same time!

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Friskick wrote:
y is blood magic so lame now?

The irony of your post is legendary.

ive been away for a while and this is my first and only ARPG...enlighten me?
"
Friskick wrote:

Don't mind Shags...he tends to 'type his mouth off' without thinking sometimes. The reason he said that, however, is likely because he's thinking of the 'Blood Magic' keystone combined with the 'Mortal Conviction' notable behind it located in the southwest area of the passive tree. Taking those two nodes - specifically Mortal Conviction - and using a Shavronne's Wrappings chest armor allows players to run 6+ auras on a character on low life. Shav's is used to make sure Chaos Damage cannot bypass your energy shield, and combine all of that with things that give bonuses for low life (Pain Attunement Keystone and the Blood Rage gem) and you can have a very powerful character...some of the most powerful in the game.

Now as far as the Blood Magic GEM...it's lost a lot of value now that mana is in a better place, though it still has its uses, just not as prevalent as it was before.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Friskick wrote:

Don't mind Shags...he tends to 'type his mouth off' without thinking sometimes. The reason he said that, however, is likely because he's thinking of the 'Blood Magic' keystone combined with the 'Mortal Conviction' notable behind it located in the southwest area of the passive tree. Taking those two nodes - specifically Mortal Conviction - and using a Shavronne's Wrappings chest armor allows players to run 6+ auras on a character on low life. Shav's is used to make sure Chaos Damage cannot bypass your energy shield, and combine all of that with things that give bonuses for low life (Pain Attunement Keystone and the Blood Rage gem) and you can have a very powerful character...some of the most powerful in the game.

Now as far as the Blood Magic GEM...it's lost a lot of value now that mana is in a better place, though it still has its uses, just not as prevalent as it was before.

You would had just easily explained it that blood magic in general isn't used unless it's to exploit certain mechanics in the game having to do with auras and low life.

Also Shav wrappings characters is the most powerful in the game, you can literally turn any attack or build into one unless you need the chest armor and helm slots and talking about infinite money.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 22, 2014, 1:26:43 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
You would had just easily explained it that blood magic in general isn't used unless it's to exploit certain mechanics in the game having to do with auras and low life.

Also Shav wrappings characters is the most powerful in the game, you can literally turn any attack or build into one unless you need the chest armor and helm slots and talking about infinite money.

I could have, but not everyone who comes here asking such questions as the one I responded to know how those mechanics work or how they function exactly. Especially considering said person also said that they had been away for a while and was their first ARPG...it's why I went into more detail. Believe me, to the 'regulars' on the boards it is known about Shav's being extremely powerful (I have two characters using SW in builds myself) and how well it synergizes with the BM keystone and MC notable, but not everyone does. Hence, my explaining.
Bravo clap clap.
1. Drop rates on high tier end game uniques are pathetic. Thus thier prices, combined with hyperinflationary effects of bottters and cheaters "printing" currency are though the roof - makes trade or illegal pay to win a necessity. Time invested in gameplay is a waste relative to playing market or even working a minimum wage job and illegally buying what you want from one of the 50 or so RMT sites.

2. There is no excuse anymore for desync - yes I read whole blog on "they wont put more on client because of cheating" Well cheating is rampant. And always will be. Even with blizzards resources and warden monitoring everything ppl still cheated and ran bots and map hacks. They just said fuck it and BoA'ed everything. GL with that small time GGG. Just stop and let us enjoy lag free.

3. RNG gating is retarded end of story. I always buy maps.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Oct 22, 2014, 8:17:19 PM
"
Rangers wrote:
Hello all poe players, Rangers here.

2. I will never buy a supporter pack if desync stays in the game.

My first character created in hardcore died at lvl 80 to desync, all my other hardcore characters died to desync as well. None of them died to my mistake. IF GGG look their archives, they will read my first message to their support that my lvl 59 templar died to their server desync and all i got as a response was ' Please play standard league to prevent these deaths until the hardcore servers stable' or something like that...

Then i Stopped playing any hardcore leagues completely, never ever see me there. Because people there create builds like anti-desync or something or immortal builds which is not my interest at all.

Then here comes the standard, I think GGG does this intentionally, nerfing 1 good item, making them legacy, then shitty inflation in the league.

Stopped playing standard too. Just playing 3 months league which is very short for a nolifer.

This, my last three deaths have been purely due to desync. Severely diminishing returns on xp with the same constant xp loss. Then you throw desync into the recipe. Whatever you're doing it isn't working. I can't go a single map without multiple monsters desyncing and being "immune" to damage. Telling us that warping and jumping around is a good thing and that it proves your garbage code is working is in fact proving it does not.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Friskick wrote:

I know so little abt this game.........seems like a "build" is just a term used to describe a set of items used to exploit a mechanic. I have a question tho: can i actually get to end game using a "regular" IR, RoA/TS, pointblank, chinsol ranger? or do i HAVE to go crit and evasion to have any chance at all past lvl70 maps? i want to get at least 1 char to lvl 90.....
"
Friskick wrote:
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"
Friskick wrote:

I know so little abt this game.........seems like a "build" is just a term used to describe a set of items used to exploit a mechanic. I have a question tho: can i actually get to end game using a "regular" IR, RoA/TS, pointblank, chinsol ranger? or do i HAVE to go crit and evasion to have any chance at all past lvl70 maps? i want to get at least 1 char to lvl 90.....

What else would a build be? A non-synergistic set of abilities and items that don't work well together?

Why wouldn't you be able to get to level 90 with that build, there is no magical barrier preventing you from. As long as you can do 75+ maps you can hit level 90.

Also every build goes Crit and evasion now because evasion and crit has been super buffed over time with alot of other changes so it's newish, before everyone went IR + facetank with lioneye noncrit or something.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 29, 2014, 7:48:56 PM

Cool thats really wat i wanted to know (pls excuse my lack of exp)...most hi lvl players talk as if end game is impossible if u dnt do this or that
"
Friskick wrote:

Cool thats really wat i wanted to know (pls excuse my lack of exp)...most hi lvl players talk as if end game is impossible if u dnt do this or that

High level doesn't equal high levels of knowledge of the game, anyone can get to high level following someone else build/guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info