Oh boy Carl is thinking about ''Repricing'' the Elreon mob level 8

"
"
Odoakar wrote:
What's sad is that this is going to be worse than legacy uniques. You have nolifers hitting lvl8 Elreon, crafting their 400+ dps wands and daggers, while the rest of us maul at lvl 6-7 masters.

And then when we finally hit Elreon 8 in month or two and want to craft our own 400+ dps dagger/wand it's going to be like '10ex please'.

LMAO

Great fucking quality post. A+.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Yeah better then yours fucking C-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
More proof GGG doesn't care about anyone that plays their game less than eight hours a day. Balance team is apparently out there wondering "who the eff hasn't maxed their masters yet?" while 90% of the game is still trying to figure out how a select few managed to not pull their own eyes out from rep grinding so hard.
imo repricing it is absolutely the wrong way to balance this. Either it exists or it doesnt, if its allowed to exist it should be accessible for everyone, not just the rich, not just the partychat powerlevelled master players etc. I thought the point of all this was to give players who either cant afford endgame items or play self found and cant find endgame items a way to get them? How does making it more expensive fit with that?

Theyve just completely lost the plot,the multimod shouldnt even exist for weapons imo and letting it exist but making it expensive is even worse, its just bad stacked on bad. I despair, I honestly do. We already had crafting for rich people, external exalting, who in their right mind was calling for an easier way for rich people to become even more powerful for less investment? No one, even the rich people didnt want that.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
imo repricing it is absolutely the wrong way to balance this. Either it exists or it doesnt, if its allowed to exist it should be accessible for everyone, not just the rich, not just the partychat powerlevelled master players etc. I thought the point of all this was to give players who either cant afford endgame items or play self found and cant find endgame items a way to get them? How does making it more expensive fit with that?

Theyve just completely lost the plot,the multimod shouldnt even exist for weapons imo and letting it exist but making it expensive is even worse, its just bad stacked on bad. I despair, I honestly do. We already had crafting for rich people, external exalting, who in their right mind was calling for an easier way for rich people to become even more powerful for less investment? No one, even the rich people didnt want that.

Hah and I thought you don't make much sense :P
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Yes. The advertisement that Forsaken Masters would be focused on boosting casuals' access to late game content was what brought me back from the realm of "found another game to play." The comment that masters weren't supposed to be a "multi-year grind" and the promise that you'd be able to use mid-level mod crafting to round out weapons that are powerful but never mirror-worthy both made it sound like we were entering a shining new era where the difference between no-lifers and casuals was -- while still there -- at least going to shrink somewhat.

So far, it all looks Obamaesque. Shining messages of hope and change, hitting all the right keys to get people like me excited... And it all turns out to have been business as usual behind the scenes.
I don't think FM crafting should have ever existed. That would be my first option.

But if we are forced to have it now and in the future, all levels of it should be accessible to the average player. They should be easily leveled (and NOT take a 4 month grind, unless you are a trade chat and guild and general chat spammer/beggar of others' master quests) and the prices should be reasonable. Increasing the pricing now is a mistake.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." — Mark Twain
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Theyve just completely lost the plot,the multimod shouldnt even exist for weapons imo and letting it exist but making it expensive is even worse, its just bad stacked on bad.

Completely agree with the bold. I'd say GG to all who complained about "multimod", you helped making the whole thing worse.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Sep 22, 2014, 10:59:06 AM
"
Sayyid wrote:

Yes. The advertisement that Forsaken Masters would be focused on boosting casuals' access to late game content was what brought me back from the realm of "found another game to play." The comment that masters weren't supposed to be a "multi-year grind" and the promise that you'd be able to use mid-level mod crafting to round out weapons that are powerful but never mirror-worthy both made it sound like we were entering a shining new era where the difference between no-lifers and casuals was -- while still there -- at least going to shrink somewhat.

So far, it all looks Obamaesque. Shining messages of hope and change, hitting all the right keys to get people like me excited... And it all turns out to have been business as usual behind the scenes.

totally man, and that aspect worked, the mid level, add 1 mod to an item type deal was awesome and it worked perfectly. I was so overjoyed with the FM changes and felt like this is it, they finally did it, they put all this trade bias, party bias nonsense aside and did something for the good of average players. And then a few weeks past, a few additions were made to the crafting possibilities, the powerleveling started to become the entire game because the high level master rewards were so op and now its just... I dont even know what this game is now, in my opinion its absolutely fucked, its a headless chicken running in circles waiting to realise its already dead.

"
morbo wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Theyve just completely lost the plot,the multimod shouldnt even exist for weapons imo and letting it exist but making it expensive is even worse, its just bad stacked on bad.

Completely agree with the bold. I'd say GG to all who complained about "multimod", you helped making the whole thing worse.

dont be silly, it was a bad decision to add it and bad idea to balance it by pricing, calling it out is what everyone should have been doing, you cant second guess the devs and let bad decisions go under the radar just in case they try and fix it by making another bad call. Dont worry morbo, you got a lvl93 character in rampage, youll still be able to afford whatever price they stick on it.
Won't matter if they change the price or not. The core issues that FM crafting amplifies and is bringing into the light more and more still remain and will still cause the same problems that they have before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info