2-Hand Melee Weapons are Far Weaker than 1-Hand Weapons, Esp. Daggers

[Speaking from an endgame Beyond perspective]

What do you get from a big, huge, fun 2h Sword or Axe?

-About 25%-50% more dps than a 1hand, IF you're not crit.
-Some extremely poor 2h passive tree nodes that are barely better than the 1h nodes. For example: Wrecking Ball (2h) 41% damage, 12% speed, 4 pts vs. Deadly Dillettante (1h) 36% damage, 8% speed, 4 points. About a 20% difference? If the defense difference were only 20%, that would be okay, but, it's not. Moreover, there's an even huge-er offense difference:

-CRIT.
All the good crit nodes are centered around the Shadow and Ranger area, and they allow a player using a shield, dodge, and evasion, and a 1-hand tiny little knife to make packs explode in a single hit even in high level hardcore, AND be extremely safe as the same time with multiple stacked multiplicative probabity defenses.

Meanwhile a character with a big mean weapon using Cyclone or Cleave or Spectral Throw is still swinging away at the first pack, but god forbid he runs into reflect or Brutus because guess what?

-BLOCK and SPELL BLOCK and DODGE and SPELL DODGE
All these benefits go to Shield and DW users. Moreover you can get massive "increased defense from shield" bonuses with only a few passive points. Just pop on a commonly found Perandus Buckler and BAM you get an instant 40% damage reduction. Or, even better, just put on a Bringer of Rain and your 75% damage reduction now gives you a 7-link and free endurance charges at no cost.

Shield users should be safer, but seriously, can't a claymore user at least parry a few blows?

Positive suggestions:
-Add Parry, a %chance to have damage reduction for 2h users, or somethign similar.
-Nerf shields
-Nerf daggers
-Nerf crit.
-Give much better DPS on 2h weapons or on 2h nodes so we can at least save pionts and grab more defensive nodes.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Sep 21, 2014, 11:06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Why is everyone's solution is to nerf something and not buff? It's just awful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

"
LSN wrote:
"
GodKas wrote:
"
k4n3 wrote:

having just a 310 pdps dagger i could reach 60-70k dps in comparison to my mirror 2-h mace (818 pdps) marauder who maxed at about 25k in groundslam and 40k in heavy strike

so, anyone who claims that daggers are fine as they are, is either an idiot, or completely clueless about game balance and simple math, or does prefer the current status b/c he fears that his RMTed gear will lose value if the nerf/change hits his OP build.

This is harsh truth of poe

Let me add a new truth of PoE...

"
amksoljanka wrote:

How much will it cost to craft this? 10 ex? 20 ex? 30 ex?
It doesn't matter in detail that much. It is comparably cheap.
This weapon built in its respective builds is giving better results than
any mirrored 1h sword, 1h axe, 1h mace,
or any 2h weapons can get in their comparable respective builds.
Last edited by GodKas on Sep 22, 2014, 1:39:11 AM
"

I kind of agree, but daggers and crit really need to be toned down. If you buff other weapons or mechanics to the same level, the game will be entirely trivial. Smoking bosses with a crit Puncture is also way over the top, though admittedly fun. There's also the issue of crit providing endless utility flasks.
"

If you read my post you will notice I made 2 different buff suggestions to fix this issue.
Hardcore
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
"

If you read my post you will notice I made 2 different buff suggestions to fix this issue.

Yeah but you still fucking posted it like everyone else has crying and obsessed over this shit -.-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
'buff to fix' is a fallacy - it is a power creep in pure form

d3 is a fun game but 20mil hp buffer looks bad and we all know it

daggers + crit are BROKEN. they make entire parts of game design obsolete and useless. B R O K E N

2h are weak - thus buffs are expected and needed. but daggers - are broken
It will never happen. Daggers will stay the king. Why? Because Assasin Creed... and a lot of people drool on those cowl clad tight full body suit wearing losers that never fight head on, so yes daggers are epitome of cool right now, sadly. In my book though, daggers will always be the wepon of a weak coward, as far as fantasy stuff goes.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
I would buff/nerf it by limiting gems to certain weapons:

*Remove spectral throw and Reave (not legacy, just remove it)
*Melee Splash: only works with twohanded weapons
*Melee physical damage and Multistrike: only works with swords, maces and axes

Daggers would be singletarget again. Crazy high damage, nice to assassinate bosses, but pretty weak in screenclearing.

The two red support gems restricted to "normal melee weapons" would help to "close the DpS gap" between them and daggers.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 22, 2014, 3:55:50 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
I would buff/nerf it by limiting gems to certain weapons:

*Remove spectral throw and Reave (not legacy, just remove it)
*Melee Splash: only works with twohanded weapons
*Melee physical damage and Multistrike: only works with swords, maces and axes

Daggers would be singletarget again. Crazy high damage, nice to assassinate bosses, but pretty weak in screenclearing.

The two red support gems restricted to "normal melee weapons" would help to "close the DpS gap" between them and daggers.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info