Where's the Firestorm builds???

"
beefnuggy wrote:
Firestorm is skill in beta. The game engine can't handle it.

BTW: CoC/ST/Firestorm is pretty fun. of the game like Firestorm.
No TNX plz
There arent really any firestorm builds because it does pretty low damage, most spells are just plain and simple better than it
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Ill try it with max duration and 50/50 sprll damage/crit. Well see what will happen.

Planned setup is cybils paw for healing and
A) ungils for extra block (thus spelldmg) and crit and then stack dual wield block
B) ratpith globe for spell block dmg and extra life and rhen stac shield bloxk

For now b seems a better option. Uber spell/crit/block shield is an option but i cannot afford such stuff and spell block is so cool.

3dragons + added lightning quality = almost instant shocks so 50% more dmg.

With all duration nodes and lvl1 duration gem firestorm has 3s duration

Plan is for dual curse: assasins and flammability OR conductivity (for extra shock from 3dragons)

5link: firestorm + fire pen + conc eff + tbd. Life leech is unnecessary with cybils

So far it works like intended but lets wait till i reach maps.

Btw cybils + cwdt + gmp + lmp + fireball or any other multihitting spell = very very nice healing..
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 23, 2014, 4:02:13 AM
The best links you can do with Firestorm are Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Spell Echo + Enhance + Empower. You can level with Increased Duration and Faster Casting.
GGG fanboy
"
h55d wrote:
The best links you can do with Firestorm are Fire Pen + Conc Effect + Spell Echo + Enhance + Empower. You can level with Increased Duration and Faster Casting.

conc effect is a tough trade giving up aoe for multiplicative damage. may want to run areas without conc and switch it in for tough battles.

quality on firestorm is so important. for every quality it reduces the period in between fireballs by .001. It has a base period of .1. So with 20 quality its a .08 delay between fireballs. with a level 3 enhance that drops to .064. Thats a gain of 20% to base damage. Not bad at all.

penetration is extremely dependent on the circumstances. Is your target hexed with ele weakness and/or flammability? is your target resistant to fire? And the 10% bonus fire damage for a 20 quality fire pen may be so outshined by your passives/gear that it is inconsequential. Before patch 1.2 i would have given the advice to ALWAYS run fire pen, but now... i think there are better options if you are hexing or use a hexing specter/ teammate.

Spell echo is insane for almost any damage dealing spell. Use it always.

level 3 Empower boosts a level 20 firestorm(122–183) 152 avg to (144-216) 180. 16% increased base damage. Not bad, but there are better options.

Added lightning at level 20 adds (13-238)125 damage before the damage effectiveness of firestorm drops it down to 1/5th of that, 25. Thats 16.5% of the base damage of firestorm. And it gets multiplied by everything except increased fire damage. But with 20 quality you gain a 10% chance to shock. Shock is wicked powerful and shouldnt be passed up.

added chaos at level 20 adds (161–242)201 damage before damage effectiveness. 40 after(44 at 20 quality). thats 27% of the base damage of firestorm. Better than either enhance or empower superficially. The problem with it is that it doesnt scale with elemental and fire damage increases. If you are heavily invested in those passives i would recommend enhance instead.

Increased duration gem is crazy good for bosses, it gives even the mighty spell echo and conc effect a run for their money in pure potential. It becomes much less useful with very high end spell damage. When a couple fireballs are enough to kill your enemies, this gem quickly becomes less useful until you reach the boss.

The new apep's rage adds 65-105 chaos and looks to be a very fine item for use with firestorm. Combined with the troll mantle and quality added chaos it may be worth getting a few increased chaos damage nodes if you are between the shadow and ranger tree and already have all the straight spell damage nodes. I would expect it to pawn pvp pretty hard until you hit a CI opponent.

Faster Casting is another support which is very dependent on the rest of your gear and passive's cast speed. With 0 other speed increases, fc is awesome. 49% more damage output at level 20 with 20 20 quality. But if you already have 75% increased cast speed, there are better options.

Iv ran several firestorm builds in the past, and theyve always performed well. Im especially fond of getting a couple minion clusters for that wall of zombies to keep your enemies in place.

There is a serious flaw with firestorming though. Lightning thorns. if an arcmage wanders on screen while you already have a couple firestorms going, you might as well kiss your ass goodbye. Vaal pact may be an answer... i dunno. i havent ran it since the change to vaal pact.

I think the reason we dont see more firestorm action is merely because popular streamers arent playing it.

For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
Last edited by SkyCore on Sep 23, 2014, 9:02:47 AM
Thanks for amazing tips.

I plan on using 20% added lightning with 3dragons helmet.

Do you have any experience with totems/mines and firestorm? I will try it myself ofc but any hint is appreciated anyway
I actually don't like AoE with firestorm, it spreads the shots too far apart while conc effect lets you focus it more.

Will second that enhance and quality firestorm are mandatory to see how strong firestorm can be. It's a huge difference.
Last edited by kasub on Sep 23, 2014, 11:35:18 AM
"
kasub wrote:
Firestorm has some of the best scaling in the entire game since you can scale with duration and AoE(so conc effect). It also has many small hits making it excellent with added damage gems and something like cybil's.

Only negative of firestorm is its accuracy so it's unpopular. Also it lags.

The scaling is decieving. With a boss that doesn't move, the dps is ridiculus. Anything that tends to move or worse, that you need to kite, your dps is halved at best (more like quartered or eighthed). The other option (instead of conc/durarion scaling) is to go inc aoe crit to aleviate some of the draw backs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info