Spell Block Vs Block (77+Maps, Atziri, Uber Atziri)

From my Atziri runs I found the following :

1. Double vaal - Spellblock all the way, move out of the way of the smash - Use Saffels here
2. Trio - Use normal shield (evasion or armour).
3. Atziri - Spellblock all the way (and some Atziri steps are nice too for the spell dodge)
@Ceryneian @l33tsmurf
Thanks for your responses! So it seems that:
For 77/78 maps, I would use a normal shield with attack block. Except for 77Piety and Dominus, where I would have to choose which one I find better and sheild swap to Saffell's Frame if I find spell block to be more useful.

For Atziri, (As quoted from @l33tsmurf)
1. Double vaal - Spellblock all the way, move out of the way of the smash - Use Saffels here
3. Atziri - Spellblock all the way (and some Atziri steps are nice too for the spell dodge)

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Standard and legacy / mirrored / jsp'd / rmt'd gear

yuck

You jelly bro?

Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 20, 2014, 11:11:57 AM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
@Ceryneian @l33tsmurf
Thanks for your responses! So it seems that:
For 77/78 maps, I would use a normal shield with attack block. Except for 77Piety and Dominus, where I would have to choose which one I find better and sheild swap to Saffell's Frame if I find spell block to be more useful.

For Atziri, (As quoted from @l33tsmurf)

"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
Standard and legacy / mirrored / jsp'd / rmt'd gear

yuck

You jelly bro?

Atziri really depends on your build. For my build what I said works the best using Rathpith instead of Saffell so that I can walk around with simultaneous max block and max spell block. For Uber Atziri - there is no way I would even dream of trying Uber with 0% block because that spear is fast and can rape, and the max res you get from Saffell still wont help much because you will still get 1 shot and some of her spells have res penetration. So only if you are stacking +max res items and can survive multiple hits of the spear would it make sense.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Atziri really depends on your build. For my build what I said works the best using Rathpith instead of Saffell so that I can walk around with simultaneous max block and max spell block. For Uber Atziri - there is no way I would even dream of trying Uber with 0% block because that spear is fast and can rape, and the max res you get from Saffell still wont help much because you will still get 1 shot and some of her spells have res penetration. So only if you are stacking +max res items and can survive multiple hits of the spear would it make sense.

Okay noted it down. Edited front page. How much does Uber Atziri's spear do anyway? And is it pure physical?
Last edited by fuzzybearz on Sep 20, 2014, 11:57:13 AM
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Okay noted it down. Edited front page. How much does Uber Atziri's spear do anyway? And is it pure physical?

Uber spear hits me for 3.5-3.6K on non-crit. I have never been oneshot / crit by spear on 3.9K life so I am not sure how much the crit is. If you have 4K life and get hit by spear you literally only have a second or so to react before you bleed out. All the spells are avoidable if you play well since they are relatively slow, but the spear is too fast to avoid manually so having block is better. This does not apply to ranged characters that use bow or spectral throw since there is a trick they can do where they can go and fight at the opposite end of the screen during split phase and they will be out of range of the spear thrower so she will not throw any spears. So as I said before, really depends on your build.
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
You jelly bro?

honestly I am not, I guess seeing the same cookiecutter faceroll OP builds with mirrored and rmt level stuff in every slot in a 1000 topics makes it bland and boring, and cheesy as hell to me by now.
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
fuzzybearz wrote:
You jelly bro?

honestly I am not, I guess seeing the same cookiecutter faceroll OP builds with mirrored and rmt level stuff in every slot in a 1000 topics makes it bland and boring, and cheesy as hell to me by now.

Great! I'm glad I brought you enough entertainment to comment on my post! :)
Actually I want to revise that, I took a look at my old Uber Atziri video. I got hit twice by a spear. One hit took me for 2.2K, the other for 3.5K. The 3.5K looks like a crit because it is 1.5x the 2.2K hit, so she must have default ~150% crit multiplier.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Sep 21, 2014, 7:37:02 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Actually I want to revise that, I took a look at my old Uber Atziri spear. I got hit twice by a spear. One hit took me for 2.2K, the other for 3.5K. The 3.5K looks like a crit because it is 1.5x the 2.2K hit, so she must have default ~150% crit multiplier.

every monster without powerful crits has 150% crit multi, monsters would be too OP with more than that
"
ancalagon3000 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Actually I want to revise that, I took a look at my old Uber Atziri spear. I got hit twice by a spear. One hit took me for 2.2K, the other for 3.5K. The 3.5K looks like a crit because it is 1.5x the 2.2K hit, so she must have default ~150% crit multiplier.

every monster without powerful crits has 150% crit multi, monsters would be too OP with more than that

Thanks that is good to know. Anyone have info on how much res Atziri has? I assume she is capped at 75% but is she overcapped by a certain amount?

Also anyone have info on how much resistance penetration she has on the flameblast? I don't tank that stuff, but it would be good to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info