Nvidia Video Card ?

I have ASUS GeForce GT220 (512MB) and PoE runs good on that video card, but in some cases (i.e lots of monsters) it stuck really bad and in most cases i die cause of that stuck.

My settings in PoE configuration file:
Spoiler
[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=768
resolution_width=1024
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=no_shadows
texture_filtering=0
texture_quality=1
vsync=false

Nvidia Preview Adjustment Settings:

Nvidia 3D Settings:

Any suggestions what to change, remove, etc to make it run more smoother?
Thanks in advance!
Your graphic settings seem pretty normal, any chance you could drop the rest of your PC specs for more context?
Thank you for the fast response.

CPU: Dual Core Genuine Intel(R) 2140 @ 1.60Ghz
RAM: 2GB DDR2

I read somewhere that if I disable V-Sync in PoE (which is already disabled), change V-Sync in nVidia 3D settings to "Adaptive" and turning Triple Buffering to "ON" will make it run smoother?
This game requires at list 1.5 GB ram you have less then 1GB RAM so its your ram not video card.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
This game requires at list 1.5 GB ram you have less then 1GB RAM so its your ram not video card.

he has 2GB ram ...

try going in control pannel -> Alimentation and make sure your computer is set on maximum performance, this gives you quite a big FPS boost.

Other than that, you'll need to turn down the resolution and everything down in the settings, because your computer is quite old, with entry-level pieces from that time.

So it's simply : your computer is too weak to run it at the resolution, more monsters and more spell effects asks for more ''juice'' from your computer, and it's quite normal to get FPS drops and in your cases, some freeze.

You'll need to upgrade your graphic card for sure if you want to stop fps dropping or freezing when there's too much stuff going on in-game.
Thank you for all your answers. Yeh, that's very old and crapy PC, but that's all I get for now. However I readed some tuts, switched my monitor and boosted some fps and it runs fine now at 1024x768 full screen res on my 17" monitor. Way more better than on my other 24" one, lol.
"
Animeka wrote:

he has 2GB ram ...

Defacto he has 1Gb because win7 uses 1GB of RAM and also he could run other progrems in real time (like antiviruses etc)
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
"
Animeka wrote:

he has 2GB ram ...

Defacto he has 1Gb because win7 uses 1GB of RAM and also he could run other progrems in real time (like antiviruses etc)

When it's said ''required hardware'' ,it means what your computer needs to have in TOTAL. so if he has 2GB ram, POE asks for the user to have a minimum of 1.5GB of ram INSTALLED, not FREE.
"
Animeka wrote:
When it's said ''required hardware'' ,it means what your computer needs to have in TOTAL. so if he has 2GB ram, POE asks for the user to have a minimum of 1.5GB of ram INSTALLED, not FREE.

The 2GB required minimum was established back in Beta (or earlier). When they released Act3, there were a LOT of issues with crashing on the lower RAM systems because Act3 was visually more demanding than Act1 and Act2 were. This same thing has happened with the new expansion.

2GB is the recommended FREE memory at this point because When PoE launches, it attempts to use about that much (minimum). I have 4GB in my Linux desktop, and PoE uses almost 2 by itself at launch (and fluctuates from there between 2GB and 2.5GB).

You can't look at an old spec and consider it relevant when the game has changed as much as it has. Yes, GGG should actually UPDATE the requirements, or even post what the requirements actually are. The problem with that is there are plenty of users with 2GB of RAM who can play PoE fine... but these are power users with WELL tuned PCs (eliminating all the crap they don't want/need). For the majority of PC users, 2GB just isn't enough.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info