[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"

I was thinking about Lightning Strike because it's damage potential, not the "ranged aspect".

What I'm afraid about this build is that it is very slow (we can see that in the video), using single target attacks to bring down a mobs in a pack one by one.

With multistrike I do hit most monsters around me simultaneously for all practical purposes.

Also, the videos were taken when I had around 3K DPS, I have around 5K now, makes a big difference. Need to make new videos.

As mentioned I am self found so that plays a factor. It is possible to do 15K+ DPS with heavy strike / multistrike and the right support gems (easiest with bringer of rain) and weapon which should kill a merciless trash mob pack pretty much instantly.

Physical damage is probably resisted a bit less end game than elemental damage. It's all about your style, use what you like. :) The build is very flexible and open ended. I'm probably repeating what's been said already. :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Aug 11, 2013, 3:51:44 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
MacWrath wrote:
im trying this build and im at lvl 56 atm, but i got huge mana issues what should i do to keep my mana up ?

Hello MacWrath! Glad you are trying the build.

You can either remove a support gem or two from your attack skill, or you can get a mana leech item, or you can remove an aura to ensure you have 2-3 repetitions of your skill available on your unreserved mana pool, or you can trade for / find / get from an alt a mana leech support gem.

Some combination of these tips will solve your mana issue.

Hope this helps!

yay thanks for the help.. got to lvl 67 got my bringer of rain and used a mana leech gem.

however my problem now is to stay alive im at about 2.2k hp with 65+ all ress and maxed out block chance and i still got a problem stayin alive.

i dont rly run any auras cause i think my life is to low to use a bm gem to wrath anger grace.

what auras should i use..

other than that love this build going infernal blow and everything explodes :D

"
MacWrath wrote:

however my problem now is to stay alive im at about 2.2k hp with 65+ all ress and maxed out block chance and i still got a problem stayin alive.

i dont rly run any auras cause i think my life is to low to use a bm gem to wrath anger grace.

what auras should i use..

other than that love this build going infernal blow and everything explodes :D

Thanks for your question.

Glad you got a bringer of rain - good for this build.

You are about 1k life short though. Since your helmet/chest is taken care of, you should be looking for more life on your other gear. At least 60 life on every piece. I think I have 70+ on most things and I'm self found!

As to auras, you need the defensive ones first. Determination, Grace. I'd say Purity but if you are at 65/all res without it, you might get by. If you can fit it while still having at least 2 uses of your skill, Hatred.

Try the spell block amulet (Stone of Lazhwar) when in areas with spell casters (catacombs, docks, some maps). Makes a nice difference in those areas.
Side note - Get some chaos resist rings. I know Sovyn runs at -60 chaos resist, but the Western Gate itself (act 2), kinda ripped me apart running into a group of monsters. I will be hunting for more myself, but damn. Chaos dmg HURTS.

Any tips on 4 linking an item? I have a very good chest but my luck has been pretty bad trying to 4 link it to properly replace my current one. =/

Spoiler
Old:

New:

Plus I have to chrom it as well. *sigh*
Did trade me for the amulet "The Anvil", thought it would be nice to have 78% block easy and regen life/mana each time i block. So been playing around testing things, and if i turn my back on the mobs, damned they hurt... even with 52% eva and 40% phys reduction...
if i face them i can idle a while and they dont do damage, not even touching my puny ES...

A question formed up, do block only work infront or is this just an illusion of my mind?

Fun with that amulet, but think it will end up in the stash soon, collecting dust.

Been using alchs on different types of shields to have on different maps, and is it just me that feels shields are a bit OP with our nodes? having 1100+ EV or AR on a shield makes them silly good :-) atleast for level 60. Did get lucky with a all resists shield so have another shield for getting all resists to 75 easy.
AR or EV rare shields doesn't have any attack affix, only defensive
Sovyn's build gives you a lot of Increased Defences from Shield.
If your shield get a flat modifier plus a percentage modifier as affix, they are multiplied by the passive.

I pulled an extra node and I'm 150% increased defences from shield.
Add at least 32% increased evasion / armour from passives.
And if it's a AR shield and you're running Determination, you'll add a percentage from its value.

My shield is 1800 evasion, so I have more than 4300 extra evasion when using it.
Definitely having a high armour or evasion shield is Great.
IGN: Pintxo (Harbinger)
Online: 22:00 to 24:00 GMT +1 (Spain)
Last edited by kahoraho on Aug 12, 2013, 12:04:56 PM
"
Xiaoyen wrote:
Side note - Get some chaos resist rings. I know Sovyn runs at -60 chaos resist, but the Western Gate itself (act 2), kinda ripped me apart running into a group of monsters. I will be hunting for more myself, but damn. Chaos dmg HURTS.

Any tips on 4 linking an item? I have a very good chest but my luck has been pretty bad trying to 4 link it to properly replace my current one. =/

Chaos: when your DPS improves and you max out block you will kill them before they can hurt you much if any. The ranged chaos damage is where max block, Ondar's and Grace synergies to avoid almost all of that damage.

4 linking: need to 5 socket it with jeweler's first, then your odds of getting a 4-link improves quite a bit. Find and sell 6 socket items you don't need to get a pool of jeweler's together. I have 100s of jeweler's from doing this. 6 socket items can be bought from vendors periodically. Check them all each time you level. Might as well snag the red-blue-green linked items while you are at it for chromes.
"
Hierokliff wrote:

A question formed up, do block only work infront or is this just an illusion of my mind?

Good question -- not that I've noticed.
I cringed a little bit inside*, but I added The Bringer of Rain as a suggested item in the gear section of the guide today.

* I'm self found and will never see it, and I'm trying to keep the guide friendly to the new player, but the item is too good for the build to not at least mention.
I'm so happy that this build is amazing. Managed to do the whole of Act 3 Merc without good internet (just under 2000 ping at times).

Also Chaos is no problem. Only time I struggled with it was in the sewers against some Alchemists of the Undying nature (with said 2000 ping).

Cheers to Sovyn for getting my first character to endgame! ^_^
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/filter-account-type/staff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info