[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I'm no expert on POB, but I think part of the problem was I copied the POB import building code directly into the poe-roadmap website. After the build loaded, I then pressed the "Skill Tree" button on the right hand side of the website. I had figured this tree might be more current than the one linked to in the original post. That tree is the one I was using and not the one linked to on the OP, and it is quite different. That accounts for a lot of the confusion.

So, I reworked my tree to look like the one linked to in the Uber Setup area. This means Charging Offensive is now enabled, so I updated POB to add Frenzy Charges.

I added the Blue Nightmare and a second Reckless Defense in the jewel slots.

I found a decent Death Rush ring, but am not sure which ring it replaces:

I initially am testing it replacing Romira's Banquet, and have enabled
"Onslaught" in POB

I didn't see where to enable flasks, but eventually found it on POB, and enabled them all.

With all of these changes, POB now shows Total DPS is 442402 (up from 139312) - about a 200% improvement in damage! My attack block is 71% and spell block is 53%. Even my Chaos Resist is positive, at 7% (40 when flasks popped). The updated build does a much better job against white and yellow map bosses. I've only ran a couple of lower red maps, and I've already noticed a difference in how quickly the bosses drop. Haven't pushed T15+ yet, but will later today.

Finally, I'm stumpted about why Hatred isn't contributing to damage in POB. When I toggle it on/off inside the game, I see the damage numbers change in the Character UI/Offence tab, so it "appears" to be working. No idea why POB wouldn't account for it. Do you see changes when you enable/disable Hatred in your POB?

Appreciate all the suggestions - they have definitely improved my character!

Edit: Btw - one thing I've noticed most of all (besides damage) - is the Cyclone seems to be considerable faster when moving through the map. I guess Onslaught makes a huge difference?

Last edited by Haverhill on Apr 15, 2020, 5:34:09 AM
"
Haverhill wrote:

Do you see changes when you enable/disable Hatred in your POB?

Appreciate all the suggestions - they have definitely improved my character

Your welcome!

Yes I see a large difference when I toggle hatred in my PoB. Winter Spirit alone adds almost 100K with hatred. I thought it might be due to a damage conversion item or skill that you are using, but I didn't look super hard for the problem. Maybe check your calcs page in PoB to make sure there is damage listed under 'cold' column.

I think it's best to replace romiras with your death rush, that's what I did as you'll get power charges from blue nightmare anyway. Power charges aren't a big deal for us of course, just a helper to keep the overload going.
Hi ! Thanks a lot for the build, I wanted something to finish HC campaing for the first time, and that was nice :) I rarely have less than 50% of my life during leveling :)

Now my character is back to normal, lvl 70, so I can get Abyssus, Aegis Aurora and all my good stuff from here (only 400hrs of game, so not the best gear of the world, but still dozens of exalted worth in my stash :) ).

I gear up, got a 5L armor, a nice 330 pdps weapon, some high lvl 20Q gems I have (cyclone for instance), and start my first T1. Ok. Is it normal that I feel weak ?? I reach 33k dps with ancestral warchief near me (no flask BTW) and I have trouble killing blue guys ??? I mean, not troubles, I can't die with this build, that's ok, but I spend several seconds on them ? So when it's a rare one, I can spend 5 second on him...Not to mention the T1 boss, on which I spent 1 or 2 minute spinning in position.

Alright alright, I'm more used to the high DPS glass canon squeashy lately, so I can't expect the clear speed of a Necromencer with 11 zombs or an Ice Shot ranger, but I am really surprised to struggle that much on T1...

My question is not on how to improve my DPS (get a 6L, use appropriate potion, increase gem lvls, get a 400pdps weapon...) but more which DPS is comfy ? Which DPS is comfy for high level maps ? Meaning the DPS number with which you litteraly melt everything lower than T10, and with which you don't spend hours on bosses of >T10 ?

Thank you for your kind reply !
Last edited by TQuilleur on Apr 15, 2020, 6:45:18 PM
"
TQuilleur wrote:

My question is not on how to improve my DPS

If you don't have budget for uber setup as presented, try budget setup. It has good DPS too and it's not expensive. Make sure to get and use the dps flasks. Also try a different skill like tectonic slam. Most of the time it's just that people are not following the guide example builds and run into issues.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
TQuilleur wrote:

My question is not on how to improve my DPS

If you don't have budget for uber setup as presented, try budget setup. It has good DPS too and it's not expensive. Make sure to get and use the dps flasks. Also try a different skill like tectonic slam. Most of the time it's just that people are not following the guide example builds and run into issues.

So I invested a little bit of my fortune in normal to improve, I don't want to waste my templar like this :D I do have a copy/paste of your uber elder build, just 9% attack speed on glove instead of 14%. The 2 only things I don't have are a 6L armour/ES chest (got a 1800 armor 5L) and the blue nightmare jewel.

I switched to Lightnin Strike, which is much more convenient I think. Also, for bosses, as you attack stationary, the consecrated ground is always active compared to cyclone, where I can loose it. I'm still in 5L, and I reach 45k/50k with full potions (330pdps weapon). I would be at 60k with a 6L.

Right now, I'm lvl 76. I need 4 levels to get the 2 nodes 20% physical to cold, but then no more high boost DPS nodes are on the tree. So let's assume a 70/80k at full potions with these nodes. That would be much more convenient to farm, but still VERY far from the 700k you spoke about above O_o

BTW, how do you handle the "no mana" that can occur due to mind over matter? Loosing all my mana against bosses is a very good way to die ^^

Thank you and sorry for the long posts :/ Would give you a potato if I had one :D
"
TQuilleur wrote:
BTW, how do you handle the "no mana" that can occur due to mind over matter? Loosing all my mana against bosses is a very good way to die ^^

You have to take spirit void on the skill tree or use a mana flask. Im never out of mana but i do much more damage and thus more leech.
I'm trying the build with lightning strike and is pretty good so far. I'm having some damage issues becauz most rares take too long to kill.

Besides that the build looks really solid and tanky.

Just wanted to know if cluster jewels are needed or if i can run the build just as it is.
Bro, just wanna say great job. This was one of the builds i started poe (what i started with was a 2h mace grandslam cookie cutter) with and to see it still alive and helping people get into poe just tickles me pink.

I used to farm voll with this build...ahh good times.
"
hidajm wrote:
I'm trying the build with lightning strike and is pretty good so far. I'm having some damage issues becauz most rares take too long to kill.

Besides that the build looks really solid and tanky.

Just wanted to know if cluster jewels are needed or if i can run the build just as it is.

So far I haven't really seen the killer app for cluster jewels vs just the regular skill tree on this build.

When I used LS I optimized damage for range as thats it's main benefit. So you'll want something like LS, phys to light, elemental dmg with attacks, vicious projectiles, added cold, added lightning. You'll also want to spend the skill points to get iron grip on the tree instead of winter spirit. obviously forget about charging offensive also.
Hi Sovyn, I was excited to try out your Tanky Templar Build with max block as I am a new player. I am trying to match your block rate as closely as possible.

I manage to get my attack block to 71% (Figure out the missing 4% from the corruption lapis amulet)

But my spell block is way off. I load in your build onto path of building and seem like alot of the spell block is different btw your and mine.

[72%vs55%] Yours vs Mine
[8vs6]Craiceann's Chitin
[7vs6]Rainbowstride
[15vs15]Stone of Lazhwar
[4vs4]Reckless Defence
[4vs4]Reckless Defence

[4vs2]Shield Spell Block and ELemental Resistances with Shield
[4vs2]Shield Spell Block and ELemental Resistances with Shield
[2vs2]Shield Spell Damage and Spell Block
[2vs2]Shield Spell Damage and Spell Block
[2vs0]Faith and Steel
[4vs0]Holy Dominion
[6v6]sArcane Guarding
[3vs3]Tempest Shield
[7vs3]Sanctuary

is there a revised version of your build cause it seem to have been nerfed badly on the block or am i loading something wrong.

Please Advice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info