[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hello Sovyn

gonna try this build as my 2nd char in the league.

I have a few hundred chaos to spend on it so it will with decent gear.

A few question :

I have a Kaoms heart can I use it or the gems are going to be a problem ?

If not I ll just get a belly.

I also plan on buying The surrender, this shield is just insane, is it better than Aegis ? I think so.

Anyway I ll post it here when I start my char !

Last edited by Sirnizz on Sep 6, 2017, 4:20:18 PM
"
Sirnizz wrote:

I also plan on buying The surrender, this shield is just insane, is it better than Aegis ? I think so.

1) Kaom's is nice but your damage will be weak with only a 4-link. This is not a two-hander build.

2) Belly is good, but if you can't get a 6-link with the colors, a cheap BoR or normal rare 6-link is better.

3) surrender is good, but aegis is just as good, maybe a little more expensive to get the most out of it. Pros and cons.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Sirnizz wrote:

1) Kaom's is nice but your damage will be weak with only a 4-link. This is not a two-hander build.

2) Belly is good, but if you can't get a 6-link with the colors, a cheap BoR or normal rare 6-link is better.

3) surrender is good, but aegis is just as good, maybe a little more expensive to get the most out of it. Pros and cons.

Cool thanks for the reply I ll see when I level up the char !
Hey, im looking for a build specific for bossfights like shaper/Atziri/lab runs

ive got a SRS witch for farming maps, so im good with that. but it struggles with bossfights.

Is this templar build able to run bosses smoothly?
"
Camatoo wrote:

I killed uber izaro and normal aztiri easily, others have tested with shaper guardians successfully. We haven't tried anything harder. Basically this is a good budget melee build that is achievable for a normal person.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
kalanikila wrote:
sitting at an 85% chance to freeze and running multistrike

That's great. I don't know if there are some bosses that can't be frozen, but probably. Also, multistrike makes you stay rooted in one spot for a while, making you more vulnerable sometimes. I would possibly try to use a different support.

Argus can't be frozen, but he's easy to skip.
Also the four Guardians and the Shaper.
(And Rigwald, if talisman stuff is available.)
Running heists fully zoomed in... because
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Camatoo wrote:

I killed uber izaro and normal aztiri easily, others have tested with shaper guardians successfully. We haven't tried anything harder. Basically this is a good budget melee build that is achievable for a normal person.

I rebuilt my templar to take on the endgame bosses. Haven't tried Shaper, but I regularly kill the guardians and run uber lab. After the 3.0 increase in boss life, the damage never felt like enough on this character. So I changed it so that its just incredibly hard to kill. dropped crit for more focus on elemental damage and consecrated ground. With the Inquisitor ascendancy consecrated ground nodes, your pretty much always on it. The life/mana regen help keep you alive, while the the damage and attack speed help you leech and kill things. Check out Aarizan on my profile. At this point my build is not budget though, so keep that in mind.
Last edited by jackal917 on Sep 11, 2017, 12:22:58 AM

This is what im using atm , the orb of storms is just for testing , i replaced it for vaal haste, but i might switch it back.Can u guys give me some lights to improve the build !? i do feel im a bit squishy having just 4k hp, how about the skill gems !? is there any way to get it better?

Cheers
Last edited by fak1t on Sep 13, 2017, 12:15:38 PM
"
fak1t wrote:
i do feel im a bit squishy having just 4k hp, how about the skill gems !? is there any way to get it better?

Abyssus without something to counter-balance that will make you squishy. You are trading offense for lower defense there. If you want to be tankier, just replace that with a high life helmet. You could also try to get a 6-link belly of the beast.

Your rings are good, but no life.... again, you chose offense over defense there. Can't have everything.

On your tree, you can save two points by not taking weapon artistry, so that you can get herbalism right away, that's one of the bigger life nodes. That change will also get you one point closer to fatal blade. like this
i hit 70 finally, but i have a little issue with the cheap bugdet gear, OP is using. i cant use the boots because im missing intelligence.

actually im sitting on 93 int, same as OP. but for the boots i need 94 int. is there something i am missing? also i cant use some skills like elemental weakness. here i even miss 3 int.

those the requirements drop with rising level of the gems? or should i keep some below. then i still have the problem with the boots.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info