[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:

Taste of hate is nice.

i made some calcs, and the numbers broke my mind :

the set up for this huge DPS starting with these items and the sword tree :

Spoiler

- bandits : oak/oak(kraityn is giving +0.5% dps)/point

-Scaeva ( mid roll 275 dps,20% crit/could be better ) + Aegis aurora (20% elem dmg)

-Romira's

-Le Heup of All with 20 everywhere = could be better, or it could be a better ring overall

-Shaper's Touch = could be a well rolled Spiked Gloves

-Meginord's

-Deidbellow / Rat's nest ( pretty same dps rat's nest have 2%-3% less dps and is way more expensif )

-no dps jewells are use ( i consider with all these uniques we would need some res from jewells )

- astral plate with at least 1200 armor and 89 hp + 8% all res ( not needed for dps but it's good to mention )

according to path of building, with this set up lvl 90 we are sitting on :

4080 hp + 1080 es
41% fire / 56% cold / 41% light res (in merciless of sure)
41% phys reduction from armor
19% chance to evade and of sure still block capped

with this set up and hatred + herlad of ash + ice golem :
the balde flurry release at 6 = 173.047 dps

with punishement : 251.150

now let's add some flasks :
Spoiler

all the previus conditions +

+ atziris promise = 294.246
+ taste of hate = 335.160
+ lion's roar = 445.892
+ diamond flask = our crit is lucky = 585.909
+ and this one is a funny one "vessel of vinktar " = the ennemy is shocked = 874.596

+ adding the power charges use ( even if i shouldn't make this calc as we are losing them asap with romira ) = 981.861 DPS

for me this numbers should be shown... for me they are SCANDALOUS

obviusly these numbers are supposed to working on 95% accuracy... but with the build set up we are sitting on 92%, the 2 last conditions are then respectivly : 831.674 and 932.272 ... still pretty impressive

considering we still have a merge with scaeva rolls + a better ring for crit dmg accuracy + gloves.. mind boggling
once all the flask are up we are only lacking 34% fire res, means we still can to grab some dmg jewells.. that's again mind boggling

cheers

ps. i will try to make some calc with the other "optimal weapons", previusly i have in mind to post the weapons cals..; then i seen these numbers, and i felt like "i have to share this" :)
Last edited by Cråck on Jun 22, 2017, 8:52:46 PM
"
Cråck wrote:
ps. i will try to make some calc with the other "optimal weapons", previusly i have in mind to post the weapons cals..; then i seen these numbers, and i felt like "i have to share this" :)

Thank you. I often think that punishment is not mentioned enough.
Hey , I have a question , when I cap my block chance is Tempest shield the best gem to be put with cast when dmg taken or should I consider another gem?
"
FuNnYKiLl3r wrote:
Hey , I have a question , when I cap my block chance is Tempest shield the best gem to be put with cast when dmg taken or should I consider another gem?

I wouldn't bother with tempest shield if you are at 75 block without it.

You could use molten shell or immortal call (if you level CWDT a bit more) instead.
"
FuNnYKiLl3r wrote:

TS+Culling Strike may be an interesting option. You may try it.
Now my question:
I have this thingy

It has some good stats, and Lazy Pally is the elemental damage guy. But here is a problem. It has to be a cold attack, and cold attacks ion PoE are
Frost Blades, Ice Crash, and... that's it.
Frost Blades is out of the question ofc (well, it has to be a bladed weapon), and I am hesitant to use Ice Crash after AoE nerf.
Are there some other attacks, which are used with this weapon, which I didn't notice?

Also, how viable is Lightning Strike skill compared to other melee skills?

All in all, good build I am waiting for 3.0 update
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Jun 26, 2017, 2:04:43 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
It has to be a cold attack, and cold attacks ion PoE are
Frost Blades, Ice Crash, and... that's it.

It doesn't have to be a cold attack at all. That weapon works with any skill that uses a mace. The 34% mod on that mace for cold is a minor thing. It is not 34% more or anything remotely like that. We use the hatred aura with any skill, so a bunch of your damage is already cold damage.

In any case, not that it's good, but you forgot glacial hammer.

That weapon is OK for level 60, but for endgame, the damage is too low.

Best skills are blade flurry, earthquake, and ice crash.
"
Sovyn wrote:
The 34% mod on that mace for cold is a minor thing.

Maybe you are right. I do not have super gear, so every bonus counts.
Spoiler

"
Sovyn wrote:
In any case, not that it's good, but you forgot glacial hammer.

Yes, you are right. Unfonuatelly GH's clearing ability sucks balls (although I have only one jewel for it). It may be useful against bosses.
"
Sovyn wrote:
That weapon is OK for level 60, but for endgame, the damage is too low.

This weapon seems better than Scaeva which is one of your proposals for endgame. What am I missing here?
"
Sovyn wrote:
Best skills are blade flurry, earthquake, and ice crash.

I have BF Gladiator now (it was Reave unless it was nerfed to the ground), so I want to try something different. Also, Inquisitor is elemental guy so I try to use elemental skills (maybe I try Static Strike then)

BTW What about Mark of Doubting Knight as a weapon (though it looks to be better suited for DW)?
BTW despite some Accuracy bonus on items I have low hit chance (bit above 80%)
Last edited by Nishrek on Jun 26, 2017, 4:43:38 PM
"
Nishrek wrote:
This weapon seems better than Scaeva which is one of your proposals for endgame. What am I missing here?

If you want to use a mace, a doryani's catalyst is much, much better.

Scaeva not only has higher pdps (~30 more) but also a high crit bonus when equipped in the main hand, and some multiplier for green sockets, accuracy implicit which is worth quite a bit of dps, and finally, a faster attack speed so things feel more responsive.

The biggest reason to use a sword though, would be the optional sword node cluster mentioned in the guide. That is a massive boost since it was recently improved and is now one of the best damage node clusters on the tree, tying in perfectly with a bunch of crit and some block. There isn't anything like that for those few points for maces.
Well, either I am blind or all my Scaevas have suckiest rolls ever :D

Altough sword cluster argument looks quite solid.
Well, 3.0 will be soon, so I can test it anyway :)
"
Nishrek wrote:
Well, either I am blind or all my Scaevas have suckiest rolls ever :D

Your scaeva is better. 257 vs 285 pdps (the elemental damage on the mace can be completely ignored). A 290 pdps scaeva is still cheap, usually 5 chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info