[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Lorgres wrote:
Do we even poison at all since it's on killing a poisoned enemy others are poisoned

With Bino's, we do. For example, a rare monster with smaller minions that die first in close proximity, the rare would get poisoned for 2 seconds. It shouldn't even live for 2 seconds, but that's the theory.
After playing the original build during Prophecy and most of Essence, I thought I'd mess around with the same build style using a Duelist Champion. It's pretty fun having permanent Fortify. I just wanted to get your opinion on using Varunastra? I took out the 3 points for attack speed by Berserking and finished the wheel around Deadly Dilettante. I'm only level 75 atm, so I plan on finishing up to weapon artistry and circling back to By the Blade. Any thoughts? I bought the Varunastra for 1 exa on standard.
Hi Sovyn's been while since asked this question originally couple weeks ago , but since using blade-furry.

Which ring(s) would best for this build now.

The Taming

VS The Romira's Banquet

VS Void-heart LEG

did you see new shields https://twitter.com/hrishi2908/status/804492242475839488.
Last edited by FasterTH on Dec 2, 2016, 2:47:02 AM
"
Koru1981 wrote:
After playing the original build during Prophecy and most of Essence, I thought I'd mess around with the same build style using a Duelist Champion. It's pretty fun having permanent Fortify. I just wanted to get your opinion on using Varunastra? I took out the 3 points for attack speed by Berserking and finished the wheel around Deadly Dilettante. I'm only level 75 atm, so I plan on finishing up to weapon artistry and circling back to By the Blade. Any thoughts? I bought the Varunastra for 1 exa on standard.

Varunastra is fine but no advantage vs. other cheaper options now. Bino's should give you higher tooltip due to more crit. Even a Scaeva with a couple green sockets which is basically free, should do better.
"
FasterTH wrote:
Hi Sovyn's been while since asked this question originally couple weeks ago , but since using blade-furry.

Which ring(s) would best for this build now.

did you see new shields https://twitter.com/hrishi2908/status/804492242475839488.

Rings - hard to beat romira's at a budget, that hunk of accruacy alone is a lot of dps then add some crit, and power charges, hard to beat, plus mana leech which might save a node with blade flurry as I don't seem to need the leech node with this skill.

Shields, if those are real then the surrender might be a decent alternative to lioneye's and maybe aegis too. The armour is around the same, life is lower but acceptable, and the life regain while not as much as aegis with granite up is good, and you don't have to keep a granite up to get it. Advantage to aegis is your effective life pool is higher with the ES, 5500 vs 4500, roughly, assuming es happens to be refilled at the right moment. Basically a little one-shot prevention.

It's good to have options.
This build was the most fun I've had since I started playing PoE about 3-4 months ago. Deciding if I should run this build in the new league or try a new build.

Only problem I see with running this build in the new league is I've already experienced how good this build can be with the right items that I can easily obtain through poe.trade. These items won't be easily available at the start of the new league though. :(
"
brianbrian wrote:
Only problem I see with running this build in the new league is I've already experienced how good this build can be with the right items that I can easily obtain through poe.trade. These items won't be easily available at the start of the new league though. :(

To be fair, you can't get best items for any build at start of a new league. :)
So, I've got a pretty stupid question - is this build Shaper/other high tier bosses viable?
"
feorh1919 wrote:
So, I've got a pretty stupid question - is this build Shaper/other high tier bosses viable?

No question is stupid. :)

Yes, it should be, although I haven't enough time to play PoE lately other than maintaining the guide to kill Shaper myself. Presumably Vessel of Vinktar helps.
So what I'm seeing is that this build is great for tanky AoE stuff, but really sucks against single targets.

What would Sovyn (or anyone?) recommend for single targets?
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info