[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Serrak wrote:

Ok now i get the part of the scaling,but my jewel that gives mana leech on physical damage its not going to work right ?

No, it won't, that's why I changed the tree yesterday to take a mana leech node that works with all damage types, including elemental damage.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Serrak wrote:

Ok now i get the part of the scaling,but my jewel that gives mana leech on physical damage its not going to work right ?

No, it won't, that's why I changed the tree yesterday to take a mana leech node that works with all damage types, including elemental damage.

ok tyvm for your help, all clear now.
Thanks for the guide, Sovyn!

This is my first serious foray into PoE and I'm having a lot of fun with this build.

I'm currently following the passive tree as listed in the OP and was wondering if it's safe enough to pick up certain nodes out of order? For example, taking Diamond Skin earlier to compensate for lack of res on gear or the passive jewel slot on the way to Constitution.

Thanks again!
"
Gref wrote:
I'm currently following the passive tree as listed in the OP and was wondering if it's safe enough to pick up certain nodes out of order? For example, taking Diamond Skin earlier to compensate for lack of res on gear or the passive jewel slot on the way to Constitution.

Welcome, Gref!

Yes, you can take things like diamond skin early if you need it, it won't hurt anything. Remember though that you can trade pretty easily for items with solid resists. poe.trade is the website for that.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Welcome, Gref!

Yes, you can take things like diamond skin early if you need it, it won't hurt anything. Remember though that you can trade pretty easily for items with solid resists. poe.trade is the website for that.

I figured as much, but with limited respec I didn't want to deviate too early and possibly gimp myself.

Thank you and thanks for the poe.trade link!
Last edited by Gref on Sep 6, 2016, 1:18:10 PM
Some tips for begginers:
I think Diamond Skin is quite good early choice for defense. It is only 1 point delay in the early game, and you will be taking it anyway later (it is not something you'll respec).
Especially if you are leveling with Tabula Rasa, or have totally new character with crappy gear (and/or hate trading), it can greatly help on early cruel.
Nodes like +30 Dex/+30 Int are good temporary/utility nodes also if you find some very good dex/int weapon, and no valuable strength gear (though probably you will respec them later).

Also a question for OP. Why you are not using CWDT+Immortal Call setup? The reason is lack of the slots (with the Bringer of Rain you are short of 6 gems, even if not all are linked), or something else?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Sep 8, 2016, 5:16:56 AM
"
Nishrek wrote:
Also a question for OP. Why you are not using CWDT+Immortal Call setup? The reason is lack of the slots (with the Bringer of Rain you are short of 6 gems, even if not all are linked), or something else?

CWDT+ IC was nerfed a lot a while back, that's when I took it off. Was using it for a couple years. (Yeah the guide is that old)

Also I think if a big enough hit comes in to trigger it, odds are good the next hit would be blocked or evaded anyway.

Also, very low odds immortal call would be actually needed within the second it's up by CWDT.

Most damage isn't physical, so it's no good for a lot of things.

Plus, you lose all endurance charges, might as well just keep those for some mitigation.

Manual cast would be a different story, but I don't manually cast anything. Thus, the word 'lazy.'

So for all of these factors, it wasn't worth the three sockets anymore.

If you are thinking defensively, enfeeble on the curse on hit setup is much better. Or, drop herald of ash and put it on Blasphemy.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 8, 2016, 12:35:34 PM
i am enjoying the build for some time now (first char ever). reached lvl 91 and thanks to the Atlas update i was able to scrape together some currency.

any tier 1 uniques that would help the build significantly? (like Atziris Acuity ect)?

still need to replace the yolo Aurseize gloves, but beside that i havnt found much room for improvements and if there are some top item (i could easily use with another char later), pls lemme know.

"
DrDurdle wrote:
i am enjoying the build for some time now (first char ever). reached lvl 91 and thanks to the Atlas update i was able to scrape together some currency.

any tier 1 uniques that would help the build significantly? (like Atziris Acuity ect)?

still need to replace the yolo Aurseize gloves, but beside that i havnt found much room for improvements and if there are some top item (i could easily use with another char later), pls lemme know.

I don't think we crit quite often enough to make Atziri's Acuity worth it. That's more for your standard shadow dagger builds.

You can aim for some good rare gloves like mine, those are typically not very affordable.

Or, since you are on standard, there is a legacy bringer of rain which is a small upgrade.

Or, I've heard that Voidheart is quite powerful for melee in general. It's expensive so I haven't bothered to test it with this affordable build, but some people probably get free it from the prophecy anyway.

Lastly, you could keep saving for the long term and try for a mirrored corpse call sceptre.
I have some more questions
- Do nodes "Increases defence from shield" also work on ES/Resistances?
- What about catalyse node? 24% Elemental damage +10 int/str looks quite good for me. Or am I mistaken?
- What about support gem Elemental Focus? Lack of elemental afflictions should be mitigated by Ascendancy nodes

So I've enjoyed this build so far. I play it 95% self found (few uniques were farmed by other characters), so my gear may suck a bit
Because I have no Bringer Of Rain I use Tabula Rasa with Frost Blades (up to A3 Cruel, it oneshots almost every mob on the screen, save for unique monsters)
I am planning to drop Tabula, after I get Bringer, so I can have some more mitigation (well, walking with bare chest will not be more dangerous than using Tabula anyway). If you guys have some advice, feel free to say it :)
I know belt sucks

"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Sep 11, 2016, 5:39:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info