[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
warlock19 wrote:
But I find more efficient to replace Concentrated Effect with Physical to Lightning.
It don't reduce the area of effect and it make more elemental damage which is great with the Inquisitor Ascendancy class.

What do you think about it ?

P.S: Why its Earthquake, Concentrated Effect, Added Fire Damage and Less Duration are not lvl20 ? Particular reason or he didn't have lvl20 gems when he took these screens ?

I haven't tested physical to lightning with Earthquake. I might. There would be a lot less mana leeching going on with physical to lightning which may be an issue in certain maps. Likely slower kill times on most bosses as well. Concentrated is usually best for bosses on AOE skills, you really can't argue with a 57% MORE multiplier in those instances when AOE size is irrelevant. Increased AOE is the only choice for that blue slot for fast trash clears. AOE size is everything for clear speed. Now perhaps you could try your idea if gem swapping is out of the question for you, as a compromise.

Level 13 gems are easy to get (vendor and level them maybe 1-2 levels if needed) so as new skills come out I can test them quickly on a level playing field with existing skills. There is no way to do that with level 20 gems. The tooltip doesn't go up much with level 20 attack skill gem, just a few thousand no big deal. I don't care about my e-peen that much. As far as my level 18 concentrated, that's the best I have and I make sure to use that one on all AOE skill tests that use it, so it's pretty fair. Same with less Duration, level 19 is what I've got but rest assured that the additional level would make no difference in the skills' relative standings in my tests.
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 8, 2016, 1:40:52 PM
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
Okay I have a question. I seem to remember having read some where that it is not a good idea to use low level items with medium to high level characters. Now with my Templar I was using this belt for quit a while ...

Thanks for your question. The Level Requirement listed on an item does not matter as long as it has the stats you want. In this case the Meginord's has a more of the stats mentioned in the guide's gear section.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
Okay I have a question. I seem to remember having read some where that it is not a good idea to use low level items with medium to high level characters. Now with my Templar I was using this belt for quit a while ...

Thanks for your question. The Level Requirement listed on an item does not matter as long as it has the stats you want. In this case the Meginord's has a more of the stats mentioned in the guide's gear section.

That is good to know, thank you very much Sovyn.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
warlock19 wrote:
But I find more efficient to replace Concentrated Effect with Physical to Lightning.
It don't reduce the area of effect and it make more elemental damage which is great with the Inquisitor Ascendancy class.

What do you think about it ?

P.S: Why its Earthquake, Concentrated Effect, Added Fire Damage and Less Duration are not lvl20 ? Particular reason or he didn't have lvl20 gems when he took these screens ?

I haven't tested physical to lightning with Earthquake. I might. There would be a lot less mana leeching going on with physical to lightning which may be an issue in certain maps. Likely slower kill times on most bosses as well. Concentrated is usually best for bosses on AOE skills, you really can't argue with a 57% MORE multiplier in those instances when AOE size is irrelevant. Increased AOE is the only choice for that blue slot for fast trash clears. AOE size is everything for clear speed. Now perhaps you could try your idea if gem swapping is out of the question for you, as a compromise.

Thank you for your fast response Sovyn.
I didn't notice it was 57% more and not increased, it's true this is a huge difference :-).
I think I will use Physical to Lightning to clean low tier maps and then switch.
I'm back again Sovyn with better gears I think. Bought my corrupt shield for 2c =), I think it was a steal =)

I will be on 72% block spell now with tempest shield. No idea how can I max cap it. If i upgrade my boots will be 74% max. is it worth spending that extra 20c+ to get the 2%?

Meanwhile, could you guide me on next gear to improve? =)

Thank you
"
jasontheng wrote:
I'm back again Sovyn with better gears I think. Bought my corrupt shield for 2c =), I think it was a steal =)

I will be on 72% block spell now with tempest shield. No idea how can I max cap it. If i upgrade my boots will be 74% max. is it worth spending that extra 20c+ to get the 2%?

Meanwhile, could you guide me on next gear to improve? =)

Thank you

Yes, good price for some spell block there. To max it you would need a 4% shield and 25% boots. Worth it? Probably not. It's only worth it if you are the type of person that has to have the very best even if it's only a little bit better. Kind of like your $20 golf club vs the $400 one. They both hit balls just fine in the right hands.

As to upgrades you need to use blessed orbs on your Romira's to get the crit implicit up to 28+.

If you stay with static strike you might want to just buy a 20/20 multistrike as that would take you forever to get to 20/20 (it's only level 8 now).

Next, I would upgrade the rare belt and ring. For belts you need one with an open prefix and then just craft 20+ elemental with Tora or have someone with a reputable master service do it for you. The idea rare would have just life 90+ and armour 300+ as prefixes and two res and maybe strength as suffixes. Three res is generally too expensive. Don't forget to tweak the implicit up too. This belt takes time, mostly just watching poe.trade for the right item to show up at low cost.

For the ring what you have is fine but you need a higher life roll ideally. You may never find it but something to keep in mind.
Hi Sovyn,

Thanks once again for this build guide. I was wondering if you have run uber Atziri? This is the first build that I have been able to face tank the normal trio and normal Atziri is pretty easy going if you are careful at lvl 89. However, I am not sure if my DPS is high enough to try Uber yet.

-W
"
Wraeclan wrote:
Thanks once again for this build guide. I was wondering if you have run uber Atziri?

Hi Wraeclan, Glad you are enjoying. No, I haven't taken the time to try uber atziri. I don't think it's worth several exalts to try to be honest. There's nothing I want from her. I'm currently timing various attack skill and support combinations in Gorge runs as time permits in an attempt to find the best balance of boss kill speed and trash clear speed.
Today's Update:

Added the following to my test results:

Earthquake(13) - Physical to Lightning - Weapon Elemental Damage - Less Duration
Time for all three harvest bosses: 19 seconds average
Hi Sovyn,

Thnak you again for following so close your build ; it's my first -and only char- and im trying to up is as far as i can. Let's say lvl 100 =D

Well im interested in the Aegis Aurora variant, but im getting lost in translation :X

What would you use / change to switch to Aegis build / stuff (from your guide in page 1) ?

Please apologize if details are in the 544 previous pages, I can't understand each details, and well, a resum would be great.

Any help / links will be stroooongly appreciated.

Tell me if you need more information about my stuff / stats !

Gratz again for make that thread living !

Thumb up Sovyn !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info