[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
MrXaros wrote:

I had some lucky drops I sold and I made a bit of currency. I spent some on

and I'm way weaker with it. My armor drops to 3808 which makes me take way more damage and the ES recharge, with my small pool of 810 points, is useless.

What do you think I should do? Replace basically all my gear with ES pieces or just stick to the old Lioneye's Remorse?

I got 75 elemental, and -12 chaos, 75 block, 70 block spell, 55k-60k DPS, 11,2k armour, 86 lvl.

I recommend you Lioneye's Remorse with good armor roll casue almost all your armor that you get is from your shield. You have perks in tree that increase armor that your shield is giving you. Also 20% quality in gems helps alot in playing.

I got only one problem which is life. i have 3700, but after i finish the build i'll have like 4,3-4,5k hp. Its not that good. I know that i should replace my gloves, but its my source of resists, and i can't afford the same gloves, with life instead of mana leech. 24% Chaos resist is so good.
Last edited by Bromeek on Apr 3, 2016, 5:04:46 PM
I just killed Atziri for my first time ever. Never entered the place before and... I died only once in the end because I tunneled her when she had maybe 2% HP :o

"
Bromeek wrote:
Also 20% quality in gems helps alot in playing.

I'm leveling them myself to use the recipe for the quality. I'm quiet close now... I'm a cheap bastard :p
Last edited by MrXaros on Apr 4, 2016, 8:16:09 AM
"
MrXaros wrote:
and I'm way weaker with it. My armor drops to 3808 which makes me take way more damage and the ES recharge, with my small pool of 810 points, is useless.

What do you think I should do? Replace basically all my gear with ES pieces or just stick to the old Lioneye's Remorse?

The main source of armour is from the shield due to all the 'defenses from equipped shield' nodes we take. So it makes sense if you go from a 1500 ar shield to a 400 ar one that you would lose most of your armour.

I notice you only have one piece of gear with a decent amount of armour on it, the bringer of rain. You can increase your armour a little bit by getting decent armour gear like mine, 300+ on belt, 500+ on gloves.

Your biggest buff for aegis is going to be a granite flask(s) of iron skin and keep it up as much as you can. Some flask prefixes help with that, ample, surgeon's, etc.

As far as which is better I'm not in any hurry to change out my lioneye's.

I don't think more ES would matter much with aegis -- you lose a little bit of ES when you get hit and regain some of it back from aegis, more ES wouldn't change that. The shield itself is enough ES. I would get more armour instead.
"
Bromeek wrote:
I got only one problem which is life. i have 3700, but after i finish the build i'll have like 4,3-4,5k hp. Its not that good. I know that i should replace my gloves, but its my source of resists, and i can't afford the same gloves, with life instead of mana leech. 24% Chaos resist is so good.

Block is effective life against most monsters. It's just an alternative, some builds get all life nodes, we take some of each. Our effective life is quite huge I assure you. I saw a calculator once. Huge.

The chaos resist from atziri's promise is enough along with the 20% from the tree. If you have to, carry two atziri's promise to have longer uptime. One is enough for me to do dual quarry 8 mod boss if I kill all the trash monsters in there for flask charges.
Has anyone used a Lightning Coil + Abyssus with this build? How is it? I'm wondering if a 5L Lightning Coil setup would be better than the Bringer of Rain.

"
Parat0xic wrote:
Has anyone used a Lightning Coil + Abyssus with this build? How is it? I'm wondering if a 5L Lightning Coil setup would be better than the Bringer of Rain.

The previous version of the guide used that gear setup. In Talisman, when I started the character I used a 6L Coil and a 43% Abyssus. In contrast with the current BoR setup, Coil+Abyss felt way more squishy, Corrupting Blood mobs dropped my health very fast for example, and the damage you take from Blood Rage is way more (or at least it felt that way). With BoR I haven't had any problems, and the added Blind debuff that applies is very welcome. I'm 93 now, and my dps without flasks or charges in Hideout is 45k. I could still add more damage through a better Ring (I'm using Death Rush for the onslaught buff + chaos resist), better jewels, passives and a better Doryani's, but at this point the character feels so nice to play that alching tier 11-12 maps and running them hasn't presented any problems so far.

So, TL;DR: IMO the (non legacy) Coil+ Abyssus felt too squishy vs the BoR variant.

Last edited by sligh16 on Apr 3, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
"
Parat0xic wrote:

As the previous poster mentioned that is what I was running in 2.1. I did it because the DPS was a little better than my regular 6-link chest and it was cheaper too. Of course, level 20 purity of lightning was an important part of that setup. I had to remove blood rage in many maps (vulnerability, lower regen, etc). I didn't notice the problem with corrupting blood that the previous poster mentioned but I'm used to pounding the staunching really fast.

Because we get 6 block on BoR we can take some extra damage nodes instead of the scion block nodes in order to make up for the difference in damage. So the DPS is about the same. Therefore there is no reason to use 5L coil+Abyssus over BoR. 6L coil would be more damage but that's very expensive and there's always that niggling trouble with blood rage so final DPS may be close anyway.
ok, questions... what is better? 73 block and 70 spell block (tempest shield up) WITH +1 res ammy OR 75 block 72 spell block.

I corrupted

which gives me 76 all ele res and block is already super high so I don't know what the better option is!!

HALP!!

or this
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
ok, questions... what is better? 73 block and 70 spell block (tempest shield up) WITH +1 res ammy OR 75 block 72 spell block.

I would go with max block.
Hi Sovyn, thanks for your build, it gave tons of informations!
It is so far one of the best chars i have, it is THE tank with elemental flavour (thanks to inquisitor class)
There is some beauty in the passive tree and the gear, maybe only a duelist can compete in harmony and beauty on block tanking :D :D

So far my guy is 88 at 40k tooltip 75%/71% block, the gear is pretty much the same described,
BoR is too great for the added block, the 7L and the cheapness,
Rainbow Stride + SoL amu + the Stalwart Defense jewel make for great spell tanking, especially after the addition of the new jewel

I've been playing with an Aegis Aurora lately and it's working altho armor is at 3+K and it looks scary when not blocking :D
It's actually hard to quantify how much it helps but it's funny to watch the ES/HP going up and down.

Somehow I missed the details about rings, I must try a Romira + Eul today, i hope it will be fine for resist and will get me more deeps :D

Right now I am playing a slight variant, more focused on maximizing crit chance>multi
Still trying around and it's a very funny build, mostly because it tanks a lot and it feels safe

Thanks again for the good work!
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info