[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Lulzdzi wrote:
What's the reason for having a level 13 meele attack gem?

Fair comparison between the skills. I don't have level 20 gems for them all. 13 -> 20 on the attack skill is only a minor difference anyway, the supports are the main thing.
Hey Sovyn! I am absolutely loving this build so far. I breezed thru the whole game and into maps T1-T5. Haven't found any higher ones yet. This is definitely the strongest build I've ever played, however I don't know how else to improve. I can't beat final form Izaro in merc, and my dmg/def numbers don't seem close to yours.

I was lucky enough to drop a Voltaxic, Exalt, and a few other decent items I was able to sell to buy the gear I have now.

I also mess around with these pieces.

So is there something I should focus on upgrading first? I'm kinda out of currency, but I could sell off some stuff. I could probably get a little bit for the 5L Belly.

With BoR and anvil I have max res and max block, but only like 40ish spell block. With the SoL I have 73% block and spell block.

With my BotB and the Agony Shelter helm I have more life and I can speck out of a few res nodes for more dmg or life nodes.

Any input would be much appreciated.
"
frenzul wrote:
Any suggestions moving on, Sovyn?

Since you bought a weapon, just keep doing the chaos recipe until you have 10 chaos saved up and buy a doryani's catalyst. You can get perhaps about 290 pdps for the 10 chaos.

It shouldn't be hard to upgrade your gloves even self found, just alch some titan gauntlets until you get resists and life.

Don't forget masters, you could add a resist to your belt with Tora.

You can probably do better on the helmet also, something with resists along with life.
"
clam_samich wrote:
With BoR and anvil I have max res and max block, but only like 40ish spell block. With the SoL I have 73% block and spell block.

With my BotB and the Agony Shelter helm I have more life and I can speck out of a few res nodes for more dmg or life nodes.

Any input would be much appreciated.

I'd go with the SoL and BoR, 73% to both is better than 78/40. You would lose too much damage with the belly, as you are not in hardcore I wouldn't hesitate to keep the BoR on.

Try to focus on resists on your skill tree jewels and get rid of any extra resist nodes you took in favor of damage nodes.

Added fire damage is a better support for us than increased critical strikes. It's not hard to get all red on BoR.

Don't forget to optimize your flasks, 20% quality, and get a staunching.
"
Try to focus on resists on your skill tree jewels and get rid of any extra resist nodes you took in favor of damage nodes.

Idk how to link equipped jewels, but I have 1 reckless defence and 2 block chance + res jewels.

"
Added fire damage is a better support for us than increased critical strikes. It's not hard to get all red on BoR.

My BoR dropped how you see it and I already had the 20% crit gem so I thought I'd just use that. Will reroll colors and try out the fire tonight.

"
Don't forget to optimize your flasks, 20% quality, and get a staunching.

I'm working on it!

Thanks for the quick reply. What is your damage/defense without all the charges and flasks up?
"
clam_samich wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. What is your damage/defense without all the charges and flasks up?

It's possible to have up to around 50 resists total per jewel. I'd focus on that, you don't want to be taking any resist nodes other than the ones I take like Diamond Skin.

My stats standing in the hideout (no golem, blood rage, charges or flasks) are:

tooltip dps: 64,396

armour: 11247
evasion: 2222

block 72/72 (tempest shield is up always in challenging content for 75/75)

In a merciless area my unbuffed resists are: 75/75/75/-40
"
My stats standing in the hideout (no golem, blood rage, charges or flasks) are:

tooltip dps: 64,396

armour: 11247
evasion: 2222

block 72/72 (tempest shield is up always in challenging content for 75/75)

In a merciless area my unbuffed resists are: 75/75/75/-40

OK, I feel a little better now. My armor is around 10k. When I switch to SoL I'll have 73/73 block and tempest should push me to max.

My merc resists are 75/75/75/-28, without Atziris flask. +7ish with it activated.

Its the deeps that I'm far behind in. Unbuffed I'm at about 21K, about 39K with charges, BR, DPS Flask, and Golem up. So from looking at our trees, its mainly just damage/cc/cd im missing. I took all shield/defense/ life up to this point.
Do you think the remaining 14 or so points difference between us will make that huge of a dps increase? I'm lvl 81 now.

"
clam_samich wrote:
Its the deeps that I'm far behind in. Unbuffed I'm at about 21K, about 39K with charges, BR, DPS Flask, and Golem up. So from looking at our trees, its mainly just damage/cc/cd im missing. I took all shield/defense/ life up to this point.
Do you think the remaining 14 or so points difference between us will make that huge of a dps increase? I'm lvl 81 now.

It does make a difference yes. If you copy my gear from page 1 exactly then it's just the nodes on the tree. Generally a good cluster of damage nodes (1-3 points each) is worth 3-5K tooltip to me and I probably have 3 or so clusters up on you just due to levels. So figure that explains away... let's be generous here.... 20K of the 65K I have. So you should be around 45K with my exact same gear. Don't worry about dps jewels those are like 2K each at best. Get resists on jewels and get dps on gear. Flat physical (xx-xx) best roll you can, attack speed.

You are missing a few levels and some quality from the supports for your attack skill and as I said added fire is a lot more damage for us (when you level it up of course or you can just buy one).

Attack speed + physical gloves are probably another few thousand dps if you can squeeze it in as I did. I think this upgrade takes patience.

Don't forget to blessed orb the implicit up to 22+ on your belt, minor but might as well as it's nearly free to do.
Sovyn,

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this build. Got my key items the other day and it's really hit it's stride. Up to level 82 now, and have had a go at a tier 13 map!

I haven't played POE in a few years, so I don't know if it's the build or the state of the game, but end game is immensely fun now. Maps are very challenging, but are tiered well so there's always challenging content to do at your ability/gear level.

Also I've found 3 exalt orbs on this character already! 1 while levelling, and the other 2 I found 2 days in a row while mapping. I put it down to being such a sick build.

I moved away from static strike though, and have been using earthquake. I find I like the ability a bit more, and like switching between improved aoe and conc effect. SS has the better single target, but I find I clear through trash a lot faster with earthquake.

"
Lankycheese wrote:
SS has the better single target, but I find I clear through trash a lot faster with earthquake.

Glad you are enjoying the build. EQ is pretty good with less duration support. That's the only way that single target was acceptable in testing. I haven't done much of the clear speed testing yet but will as time permits. I don't care for manual gem swapping but it certainly makes sense to do it with EQ (probably with ice crash as well).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info