[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey dude I'm lvl 59 templar also using swordNboard with blockchance. I'm not going to 75% tho, will have like 63% at lvl 75 with a 34% block shield, 69% at last but thats beyond lvl 80 :-P

Close enough but anyway - how you deal with the blocks? I mean I find it very annoying at my 45% blockchance to attacks and 32% to spells to get interruped while in the fight. I just grabbed unwavering stance at lvl 59 and it's way better now that I dont get stunned from anyone, especially from my blocking :-P And I couldnt imagine how annoying it'd be at 65%, or say, even 75%.

Heres my build

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/313330

As swordNboard I'm going to use doublestrike + multistrike, as this will mean 6 hits per attack (at 0,5 attacks/second), no idea how this will scale with multistrike when it comes out tomorow, but fun inc. for sure :-D
Last edited by Ayranjie on Apr 7, 2013, 12:11:33 PM
"
Ayranjie wrote:
Hey dude I'm lvl 59 templar also using swordNboard with blockchance. ....
Close enough but anyway - how you deal with the blocks? I mean I find it very annoying at my 45% blockchance to attacks and 32% to spells to get interruped while in the fight.

At 57 and with 63% chance to block, I am starting to notice the interruptions but only when hit hard (as the blocking animation only plays if one would have otherwise been stunned, just like the stun animation would play for any non-shield character). However, the animation is so fast that if you blink you will miss it.

I think I just happen to have some block recovery on my equipment. That seems to help.

Also, when I can take more life nodes that should help to see the blocking animation less often as fewer hits would take one low enough to stun.

I do not want to give up evading every third hit for stun immunity though. :) That would be simply too much more incoming damage than I already have to deal with.

Thanks for your comments!! :)
Last edited by Sovyn on Apr 7, 2013, 3:13:30 PM
I mean those animations interruped my attacks, that's what annoyed me :-P

But fine if you dont have that problem :-D I suppose its more annoying with slow attacks than it is when hitting at a faster rate :-)
"
Ayranjie wrote:
I suppose its more annoying with slow attacks than it is when hitting at a faster rate :-)

I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head.

In the OP I encourage people to go with a fast weapon. I think this is part of the reason why. :)
Just something I was playing around with.

Infernal blow with melee splash. It works good. Shit blows up which makes other shit blow up. Best part? Shit blows up which means no corpses to be res'd by necros.
"
Ravaloft wrote:
Just something I was playing around with.

Infernal blow with melee splash. It works good. Shit blows up which makes other shit blow up. Best part? Shit blows up which means no corpses to be res'd by necros.

Yes, and the crabs that spawn the shooting scorpions don't spawn those either.

I've been using Infernal Blow since the start on this build and it works well. But, everyone has their preferred attack skill gem and the build can be used with any of them.

I do suspect that Infernal Blow will be much more popular now that we have the melee splash gem though.
Level 58 - definitely slower going. I farmed the ledge for this level. Found

I have a few unspent skill points as I'm undecided about the best progression builds (still working on these - will update the OP with the new progression builds soon).
I came up with a 60 point progression build I am satisfied with. I posted a link to it in the progression section of the original post.

Most people will be able to complete the 60 point build by level 50 by going for and collecting passive skill points from all quests offering them.

In case you are wondering, the Precision node is retained for the dexterity, so that the average player with average gear can equip the high blocking shield.

The total stats:

Stats & Buffs

Stats
+242 to Strength
+84 to Dexterity
+52 to Intelligence

Defense

Life
+30 to maximum Life
106% increased maximum Life
2.5% of Life Regenerated per Second
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

Block and Stun
31% additional Shield Block Chance
12% of Block Chance applied to Spells
60% increased Defences from equipped Shield
+30% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield

Offense

Accuracy
10% increased Accuracy Rating
Your hits can't be Evaded (Resolute Technique keystone, we will respec out of it at endgame)

Attack and Cast Speed
3% increased Attack Speed with One Handed Melee Weapons

Critical
Never deal Critical Strikes

Elemental Damage
20% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons

Physical Damage
58% increased Melee Physical Damage
Made level 59 in the first few zones of Act 2 Merciless. I have noticed that there is a big difference in survivability going from 60 to 70 percent chance to block.
Added my suggested 20 and 40 point progression builds to the original post today.

Here are the stat totals for each:

20 points

Stats & Buffs

Stats
+82 to Strength
+34 to Dexterity
+32 to Intelligence

Defense

Life
+30 to maximum Life
54% increased maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per Second