[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
dezahp wrote:
"
Kamina100 wrote:
Pretty sure based on what? GGG sure won't release information to help people not waste currency. And honestly, if it's almost always better to buy something with the rolls you need than roll for it yourself, then their system is broken. Not mention POE.trade is simply an auction house that you have to go to an external site to use and go through a less convenient process than an in-game one. People criticized Blizzard for their auction house, but GGG's system is no different - and at least Blizzard provides goals that don't revolve around hoping half your currency doesn't just go down the drain if you don't get the rng. I just spend more money on stash tabs, but I'm thinking maybe I should just cut my losses now and get out of this manipulative BS.

I'm not going to argue with how trading works but I am saying it from my own results and from a couple of other people. I've found and they found that crimson/cobalt, cobalt more specifically, are easier to roll chance to block with shields.

But you really don't know, because it is GGG's intention for you to waste currency on unknown things.

Just like they had no problem with wasting the resources we built up by nerfing the 2% gems right at launch without telling us that there was a change that might affect our builds. If you're going to go with this "no respecs because we're so hardcore" nonsense, then you CAN'T do that kind of thing.

Unprofessional company.
Last edited by Kamina100 on Jul 16, 2015, 9:33:14 PM
"
foloed wrote:
Hey, so im level 78 now on warbands and wondering what I should be upgrading next in terms of gear.

Hello foloed, I think a Lioneye's remorse and a better 5-link chest. If the ilevel is high on your 5-link chest you can just hit it with some chaos until you get a high life roll.

Also a seething or bubbling (instant) heal flask with staunching. Then you can retire that quicksilver and just use shield charge in a spare socket, it's probably faster anyway.

After that more life on ring. After that flat physical damage on gloves.
"
aUnluckyEvent wrote:
hi guys what jewel in normal should be good for this build?

I'm talking about yeena rewards...
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Through_Sacred_Ground

they all seem good to me...

Survival Skills, but IMO that's waaaay too early to be spending points on jewel sockets. :)
"
Galganaban wrote:
Been following this and its been great but your trees just drastically changed today, kinda screwed me over.

That change was 3-4 days ago. You can thank GGG for that. :) The block jewels were ninja nerfed without telling anybody. So I had to get the missing 4% from somewhere. Luckily you can stay with the old tree route and be just fine at 71% block. Or you can respec mostly for free when you are high level because you'll have quite a few passive respec points from quests.
"
dezahp wrote:
I was wondering, do you find that you don't miss CWDT Immortal Call? Also, do you think you could post your attribute stats (ie: str, dex, int)? Not really that important but just curious.

Not missing IC, probably because I have over 14K armour now (with my better chest on) and armour was improved slightly in 2.0. Fortify now too. Physical damage not an issue. You can add granite for even more armour if you want.

308 str
184 dex
157 int (I have some on gear)

Last edited by Sovyn on Jul 16, 2015, 9:45:16 PM
Today's guide update

"
07-16-2015 -- Updated CWDT and Movement skill sections

Very good and extremely detailed guide man. Having fun running this char in tempest league, feel like i'm pretty much unkillable unless im against spells (which will soon be fixed once i get some Rainbowstrides.)

At the moment though, my DPS is feeling a little lacking, whether its due to my gear or my links i don't really know but i think i will buy a new 1H at around 67/68.

Heres my current gear, tree, and stats at 63 in Tempest.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswUtBjkLYQz3Dc0UIBUgGbQaPhuXHM4qTStQLOktgy_MMk41kjwtPQ8_J0CgR35KyE8EUEdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJuqnKpdO15OXrvfNl-4oNfg8yE2YTviuSb7KIAqZWsr64-r2yvp7Xytoq3Pr02vqfAZsC_wYLEFcT2xq7Tfti92sHkUenV7w7vevAf8wb2o_cy-6r-Cv5U?accountName=Keyblader&characterName=Morell

Gear

3494HP | 40% Phys reduc | 37% Evade chance | 75% All res | 195 life/s | 67% block chance | 2631 dps on Cyclone.
~3945 18/12/2023
"
Keyblader wrote:
Very good and extremely detailed guide man. Having fun running this char in tempest league, feel like i'm pretty much unkillable unless im against spells (which will soon be fixed once i get some Rainbowstrides.)

At the moment though, my DPS is feeling a little lacking, whether its due to my gear or my links i don't really know but i think i will buy a new 1H at around 67/68.

Glad you are having fun Keyblader :) Still need to be careful in hardcore even though the build is "unkillable" nearly all the time. It's the "nearly" part you need to worry about. :)

I'd put Fortify on leap slam instead of Faster Attacks.

I'm not a huge fan of concentrated effect on cyclone, I'd probably go with added fire damage or faster attacks instead. The AOE size is too small....

I know it's probably hard to get a 5-link chest or a weapon better than your 179 pdps axe on a new HC league but those things would help. Gloves with physical damage on them too.

"
Sovyn wrote:
Glad you are having fun Keyblader :) Still need to be careful in hardcore even though the build is "unkillable" nearly all the time. It's the "nearly" part you need to worry about. :)

I'd put Fortify on leap slam instead of Faster Attacks.

I'm not a huge fan of concentrated effect on cyclone, I'd probably go with added fire damage or faster attacks instead. The AOE size is too small....

I know it's probably hard to get a 5-link chest or a weapon better than your 179 pdps axe on a new HC league but those things would help. Gloves with physical damage on them too.

ALright man, thanks for the advice. Dont worry, i am playing safe as well ;)
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Jul 17, 2015, 7:24:55 AM
Thoughts on this? Picked it up earlier from map's

Seem's like it ticks all the boxes we need and the +2 mana from each enemy hit feels pretty huge for regen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info