[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
There's a list of unique items so far in Awakening: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=theawakening

Anything on there that you like in particular?

Thanks for your question, Jackinthegreen.

In the unique items, nothing really stands out for us so far. Maybe a leveling weapon or two there. I think generally unique items are meant to be give and take; a compromise. GGG intends that 'good' rare items be generally superior to the uniques. However, I think they are holding back some of the more endgame uniques as surprises, there will probably be something decent for endgame melee in the 70-odd new uniques coming in 2.0.

As to the jewels, Intuitive Leap could let us grab an endurance charge, faith and steel and devotion and save two points. Not a big deal. Mantra of Force could add some decent damage, a couple thousand possibly. The jewel that "Grants Fortify on Melee hit" would have to be explored. Block could show up on the rare jewels which might mean we can save a couple points. Of course the tree will probably look a bit different by then. :) So, we will have to wait and see.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
There's a list of unique items so far in Awakening: http://cb.poedb.tw/us/unique.php?c=theawakening

Anything on there that you like in particular?

Thanks for your question, Jackinthegreen.

In the unique items, nothing really stands out for us so far. Maybe a leveling weapon or two there. I think generally unique items are meant to be give and take; a compromise. GGG intends that 'good' rare items be generally superior to the uniques. However, I think they are holding back some of the more endgame uniques as surprises, there will probably be something decent for endgame melee in the 70-odd new uniques coming in 2.0.

As to the jewels, Intuitive Leap could let us grab an endurance charge, faith and steel and devotion and save two points. Not a big deal. Mantra of Force could add some decent damage, a couple thousand possibly. The jewel that "Grants Fortify on Melee hit" would have to be explored. Block could show up on the rare jewels which might mean we can save a couple points. Of course the tree will probably look a bit different by then. :) So, we will have to wait and see.

Devotion is going to be changed if it stays in the game at all. One of the notes in the patch is they've gotten rid of "Increased Buff Effect" nodes, so Devotion and Inner Force are either getting removed or being changed so they don't do that. I wish I was in the beta to document all the changes there, but hopefully poebuilder or some other place will have the beta tree done so people can look at it and plan builds and such.

There are 65 uniques on that list so if we hold GGG to the 70 they claimed they're definitely holding some stuff back. I can see them wanting to keep some finished stuff a secret until launch, but they might also be holding back because they want more data from players before proceeding with some of the items.

So far it seems like they're making uniques build-defining or otherwise give something, well, unique. Rares are definitely where the absolute raw power comes from that isn't a specific interaction.
"

Devotion is going to be changed if it stays in the game at all. One of the notes in the patch is they've gotten rid of "Increased Buff Effect" nodes, so Devotion and Inner Force are either getting removed or being changed so they don't do that.

Fortunate then that I changed the build a while back to remove the buff nodes. One less thing to worry about! Looks like a good life node will still be in that general area but we shall see. :)
Looks like Infernal Blow will receive a change in 2.0, namely removing the super dangerous elemental reflect from the explosion. Might be worth another look! :) So many things to test.
Hi there Sovyn,

I´m a fan of your Lazy Pally build since reave version. Love the way you explain every detail and anwser every question. So, when will you be able to start testing act 4 and all the changes that came with it? Im dying to know your opinion on the changes it may bring to everyone's Lazy Pally.
"
SimbaQ7 wrote:
Hi there Sovyn,

I´m a fan of your Lazy Pally build since reave version. Love the way you explain every detail and anwser every question. So, when will you be able to start testing act 4 and all the changes that came with it? Im dying to know your opinion on the changes it may bring to everyone's Lazy Pally.

Hi Simba :)

Glad you enjoy the build!

Realistically I may not have a chance to do the beta.

I think with how busy I am in real life I wouldn't have enough time to level up a character high enough to test everything I'd want to test before it got wiped.

So things will probably only get fully tested after release in June.

I'm keenly reading announcements and beta leak information when I find it which may help guide my initial steps.
The new Fortify Support Gem combined with Reckoning, what would you say about that?
UPD As if I'm the first one to think of it... here's an answer to this. Dammit!
Last edited by Vankesidi on May 2, 2015, 12:48:56 PM
"
Vankesidi wrote:
The new Fortify Support Gem combined with Reckoning, what would you say about that?

We could use it with leap slam.

Or, put it in the main attack combo and then compensate for lost dps with the new flame golem on CWDT.

Mulling it over.

Testing needed of course.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Vankesidi wrote:

We could use it with leap slam.

Or, put it in the main attack combo and then compensate for lost dps with the new flame golem on CWDT.

Mulling it over.

Testing needed of course.

The counter attack gems can't trigger fortify. I've been running this build in the beta with a fortify gem on static strike. Tried out fortify on the trigger gems but yeah it doesn't work on those.
"
boatmurdered wrote:

The counter attack gems can't trigger fortify. I've been running this build in the beta with a fortify gem on static strike. Tried out fortify on the trigger gems but yeah it doesn't work on those.

OK, thanks for confirming.

Looks like either of the scenarios I mentioned then.

Remains to be seen which is better. Or, how good Vigilant Strike ends up being.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info