[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Ryukamui wrote:
For leveling i can recommend it fully, bit sad its not as good lategame

A lot of skills are great earlier on but in the endgame there are fewer that truly stand out. I'm just speaking in general, Vaal Molten Shell is one of the better ones.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 25, 2015, 4:35:49 PM
Like the build
trying it now since first HC char died to corrupting blood going from max to 0 almost instantly (first time encountering them not knowing what they did >.>)

adapted it a bit for scion start
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAAiq-QEYLkvrxKyNi9NZK18m6qaPKvbEz_PC3Grrc-_grwH8T2Bjkkiz0P-6rzBlFg5FFnm64-d-PvDlBHXz8UIHk5fuIaPhUgKk0_Jwkz0TbiLCzpvTZlTb6nGbTK08aeEH8MfYLH-ehBh1OlDF8cp_5UDc0rUBzO_MXdDdaKfyt311b6Yuy2ii_MhNlHfsGCBS1673TthO9gS6yvDPeplcC_QKBeE6IA73yf38BmBLN82fcycqmQVScv7Dg62Hy7pDnQgUfiIuI=

started goig towards templar area first to follow suggested progression somewhat

current conerns
*life might be on the low side for HC
*not much resists from tree
*low intellect for blue skillgems (thought it could be cool to add lightning warp, but might have to settle for leap slam)
*undecided on RT, static strike could greatly benefit from shock
*considering putting herald of ash seperate from the auras linking with prolif and increased burn
*getting the skillgems since I havent played HC much yet ;p
Last edited by dynarion on Jan 27, 2015, 4:29:15 AM
"
dynarion wrote:
Like the build
trying it now since first HC char died to corrupting blood going from max to 0 almost instantly (first time encountering them not knowing what they did >.>)

current conerns
*life might be on the low side for HC
*not much resists from tree
*low intellect for blue skillgems (thought it could be cool to add lightning warp, but might have to settle for leap slam)
*undecided on RT, static strike could greatly benefit from shock
*considering putting herald of ash seperate from the auras linking with prolif and increased burn
*getting the skillgems since I havent played HC much yet ;p

Always carry staunching flask, but you know that now I'm sure. :D

- Life - block is alternative to taking all life nodes. Anything that will kill you outright would probably do so anyway with 1k more life. I think block is better. Watch out for negative resists on maps, especially with the volatile nemesis mods. For that matter unless you have played all through the content a few times in softcore, I suggest doing that first, no matter what build you choose. :) Need to learn the ropes.

- resists - I take more resists on tree than most builds do, but resists are easy and relatively cheap to get from gear, at least up to 75 elemental and around 0 chaos. As shown all my gear except the weapon cost less than 4 ex total on standard which is chickenfeed there for the high level community anyway.
Edit - forgot to mention you can take that +15 resists node in Marauder area for 1 point until you get better gear.

- int - yeah, might need some from gear, but lightning warp is not very good anyway for this build. No problems here but I'm high level now. Can balance thing early on with perandus belt and onyx amulet, etc.

- rt - best damage node bar none. 70% chance to hit in endgame is not a good tradeoff for the little crit chance you can get.

- HoA - sure, I considered that but losing a linked item to dedicate to that was not acceptable imo. We don't do enough overkill damage to lose a linked item for HoA.

- gems - don't forget you can sometimes level up other classes through just the first few acts to get some needed gems for free. Takes maybe a couple hours.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jan 27, 2015, 5:20:59 AM
Love the Build not got many hours into the game but i am loving it so far. If u got time can you give me some information about the masters and hideout like what master is best for the build and reason for taking them and is there any that will be useful for leveling up with then swapping to some other at high end. Thank you to every one that helps me out with my masters problems.
"
Matured wrote:
Love the Build not got many hours into the game but i am loving it so far. If u got time can you give me some information about the masters and hideout like what master is best for the build and reason for taking them and is there any that will be useful for leveling up with then swapping to some other at high end. Thank you to every one that helps me out with my masters problems.

Hi Matured :) Glad you are enjoying.

I'd say that I've used Vagan and Haku the most, followed by Vorici and Tora and Elreon. I've gotten some maps from Zana. You will max them all in a few months doing the dailys, except maybe for Zana. I don't think we have as much use for Caterina and Leo. Watch out for Haku though, he has a variation with lightning warp totems near the boss that is fairly hard, but purity of lightning aura helps here. It hasn't killed me but I did have a close call there once. Also, Tora has a variation where the boss has, for the lack of a better word, "pink rain" and I believe is chaos damage. Finally, you will need a single target attack for doing Vorici. Something like double strike + melee phys + added fire + faster attacks. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm level 8 in several of these now and 7 in some of the others, and I have not been good about doing it every day. Have fun!
Today I had a question as to whether a lightning penetration support would be better than added fire damage for static strike. As I did not know the answer for sure, I did half a dozen runs of the merciless archives with each option. I dressed in my best undershirt (tabula) and equipped a weapon suitable for the low level monsters and went to work. I think the archives is a good test as everything is resistant in there.

Here are the results:

Weapon used:

static strike - faster - melee phys - multi - wep elemental - added fire
run 1: 4:00 (the first run was very short so I did it again and scrapped the short run to be extra fair)
run 2: 3:40
run 3: 2:46
run 4: 3:23
run 5: 3:04
run 6: 3:50

static strike - faster - melee phys - multi - wep elemental - lightning penetration
run 1: 2:59
run 2: 4:07
run 3: 2:49
run 4: 5:39
run 5: 3:09
run 6: 3:54

Results: Added fire = 207 seconds (WINNER), lightning pen = 226 seconds.

Comment: It was harder to sustain mana cost with lightning pen but I did my best.
Hi,
I have to say something which no1 sayd before..
This build is brilliant ;)
Its even better for ppl, who really enjoy pally`s playstyle.
After every single patch in shape!
Awesome job Sovyn!!

Thanx for testing lightning penetration, I think its comparable to added fire on the same gem lvl. Mana usage makes the difference for sure. So winner takes it all :)

Cheers Pallys,

sorry for my bad english
Last edited by karmasopa on Jan 30, 2015, 8:45:11 PM
"
karmasopa wrote:

This build is brilliant ;)

Thanks for the praise, karmasopa :)

Glad you are having fun with it. I am too. Sometimes simple is best.
Hi Sovyn,

Thank you so much for your guide. I am a new player and your guide has been very helpful. I am trying to follow your build as close as possible, except I choose to go with a scion because I thought that would give me access to 3 extra passive points at the end of the game (as I don't need the Templar's starting spot or the 2 strengths that follow it.)

The reason I am writing is because I just made my first major purchase.
The people in my guild think I over-payed, but I wanted to get your opinion on what a shield like this would be worth. Thank you again for your great guide, and I really appreciate all the work you have put into it.
Last edited by Chronk on Feb 1, 2015, 12:29:06 AM
"
Chronk wrote:
Hi Sovyn,

Thank you so much for your guide. I am a new player and your guide has been very helpful. I am trying to follow your build as close as possible, except I choose to go with a scion because I thought that would give me access to 3 extra passive points at the end of the game (as I don't need the Templar's starting spot or the 2 strengths that follow it.)

The reason I am writing is because I just made my first major purchase.
The people in my guild think I over-payed, but I wanted to get your opinion on what a shield like this would be worth. Thank you again for your great guide, and I really appreciate all the work you have put into it.

Hi Chronk :) Thanks for posting. Glad you found the guide useful.

On standard a shield like that has asking prices (not selling) of 5-45 ex. On a temp league, maybe 1-2 ex, but the fact is no one really knows how to price these shields. :) Sorry I can't help put a firm value on it.

Don't forget to get some life leech somewhere as you give up some vs. the Thousand Teeth Temu.

Congrats on the nice shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info