[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hey cool guy Sovyn
I started game few weeks ago and my first champ is Templar based on ur build!
i use BoR and since my gems lvl up i slowly start looking for armor + helmet.
question is, what do you think about devoto helmet + daresso defiance 6l ?
How it gonna fit to build?
Last edited by emerica182 on Apr 19, 2014, 4:03:13 PM
"
emerica182 wrote:
Hey cool guy Sovyn
I started game few weeks ago and my first champ is Templar based on ur build!
i use BoR and since my gems lvl up i slowly start looking for armor + helmet.
question is, what do you think about devoto helmet + daresso defiance 6l ?
How it gonna fit to build?

Hi emerica. :)

I think that Devoto's Devotion is not great as it reduces damage. That reduces leech, and with its attack speed, that just puts more strain on keeping up with mana.

Daresso's Defiance is alright. High armour and evasion together, with a little life. The 6% dodge is no big deal, because we already have lots of chance to avoid hits. We don't really need help generating endurance charges either, as we have CWDT to do that. And, you would lose all endurance charges when hit, not a good thing. The leech is OK, but we can get that elsewhere. Onslaught for 3 seconds is not bad, but not amazing IMHO (have not tested).

Bottom line, a good pair of rares are the better choice for your helm and chest slots. 6-link chest is best. I do alright with 5-link. As far as stats on it, you need plenty of life, armour, evasion, resists as needed, and, if you want to really get pricey, some item rarity on helm along with these.

I have no idea on pricing, maybe a 6-link Daresso's Defiance is much cheaper, which is why you were considering that.
Guide updated to indicate that it still works fine in PoE 1.1.2. Added a quick note to encourage getting quality on attack skill and its supports.
Update on the self found angle..... I saw my third exalted drop yesterday in a map. The second one I chose to loot (one I let a friend pick up). 14 months of casual play:

I do have a whole tab full of the lesser currencies though, even with using a lot for crafting. Most are alts, chromes, transmutations, jewelers, augmentations, of course.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Update on the self found angle..... I saw my third exalted drop yesterday in a map. The second one I chose to loot (one I let a friend pick up). 14 months of casual play:

I do have a whole tab full of the lesser currencies though, even with using a lot for crafting. Most are alts, chromes, transmutations, jewelers, augmentations, of course.

Grats!

I still have not seen a single exalt. Got a 999 Facebreakers, good roll legacy Maligaro's virtuosity and about 3 tabs full of low to mid uniques. I can also count regal and divines on two hands... I did have a Daresso's Courage drop last week though and it's proving to be a decent upgrade to Crest of Perandus for situations that don't require hardcore survival. That being said, I rarely run defiance (armour?) any more and mostly run hatred for the faster kill potential. It's rare that I take much physical damage anyway, it's spells that tend to smash me flat.

I'm coming around to the same self found philosophy although perhaps it's for a different reason to yours. I hate POE's trade system (ie. group noticeboard or trolling through spam on the trade channel). I have tabs full of great gear that I'd like to get rid of for a reasonable price, but I literally have no time or desire manually panhandling the trade channel for bites...

GGG needs to provide some form of automated system.
"
Saviourself wrote:
I'd like to get rid of for a reasonable price, but I literally have no time or desire manually panhandling the trade channel for bites...

You could try setting a shop up in the trade forum for your league and making sure your stuff appears on http://poe.xyz.is/ with your buyouts and online status. I hear that's the easiest way currently.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Saviourself wrote:
I'd like to get rid of for a reasonable price, but I literally have no time or desire manually panhandling the trade channel for bites...

You could try setting a shop up in the trade forum for your league and making sure your stuff appears on http://poe.xyz.is/ with your buyouts and online status. I hear that's the easiest way currently.

Thanks mate, but still seems like a lot of jerking around for what should be a pretty straightforward in game process.
Trying to sell items is so stupid in this game. You need XYZ and Procurement just to do anything. And even then, you need to be online for inordinate amounts of time for people to actually contact you.

I still buy items and trade currency around, but I rarely sell items that aren't good uniques.
Let us know what you think of Molten Strike from patch 1.1.3!
Just popping in to say, thanks Sovyn for a great guide! I really like how flexible it is. Once you traverse out to Bulwark, Golem's Blood, and Weapon Artistry/Ondar's Guile, there's a lot of freedom where to progress. I'm now up to 76 on ambush. Next couple of levels I'm planning on picking up more physical damage nodes, and hopefully find a nice sword for a bump in dps.

edit: Got to use Molten Strike, it's way better than Cleave! Slightly less reliable aoe, but much higher dps.

editedit: Oh my goodness, Doryani's Catalyst + Molten Strike would be amaaaaazing with this build.
Last edited by tins00 on May 1, 2014, 11:32:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info