[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Saviourself wrote:
I've been running jade flask with 98% improved evasion, my dodge chance goes up to over 50%, but those spirits he shoots get me plenty.

Evasion won't do anything against spells like the lightning spirits, only against attacks. You probably mean spell dodge, which can only be gotten at a value of thirty percent by taking Phase Acrobatics, and which can't really be increased much (outside of a few Uniques).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Sovyn wrote:
Crest of Perandus has proven to be fairly rare for me, only found one, ever. However, I have found 5 or 6 stone of lazhwar, which some people have a hard time finding.... rng at its best.

PS other than that, still no really big uniques in 15 months of casual play, best I think was these, so far:

Dude I bet you could get at least 10 exa on that Maligaro with that Crit roll haha. I had a worse roll and I let mine go for 7 exa (I sold it early in 1.1 and let it go too cheaply I think, but it was how I could afford the BoR), though I had an 80% Eva roll.

I got a Rat's Nest that I sold for 2 exa, a dude paid me in GCP, which I put into Reave!

That's all the good uniques I've ever found. :(

I also have a tendency to sell things relatively cheap, because I get sick of spamming trade chat and waiting on xyz for offers. Would rather play the game.
Last edited by K0rrupted on Apr 3, 2014, 1:35:47 PM
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Dude I bet you could get at least 10 exa on that Maligaro with that Crit roll haha.

I knew that one was valuable, the rest, not so much. :D Too bad I can't use it. I'm self found, so trading is not something I'll do. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
I knew that one was valuable, the rest, not so much. :D Too bad I can't use it. I'm self found, so trading is not something I'll do. :)

Do you play self-found for the challenge, to prove that your build can work without Procurement and XYZ, or just for fun?
"
K0rrupted wrote:

Do you play self-found for the challenge, to prove that your build can work without Procurement and XYZ, or just for fun?

All of the above, plus I was a rich trader in several other games and wanted to try something different. Trading at that level really eats the time, and I have precious little to spare these days. :D

Crafted this belt today. I consider it to be a somewhat lucky roll, as I needed those two resists and the life roll is good. I've been saving up the 24% rustic sashes that drop and hitting them with alchemy. Always a downside, the armour roll is disappointing. Can't have it all though, unless one is prepared with a large pile of eternals and exalts, that is.
Anyone know a link to a post release vid with this build that's not using a soul taker? I played this build pre-release but found clear speeds to be lacking. I don't want to count on a taker to drop. I've got a legacy BoR, legacy rainbow strides and a 270pdps sword I'm sitting on for later to equip.
"
wenlock wrote:
Anyone know a link to a post release vid with this build that's not using a soul taker? I played this build pre-release but found clear speeds to be lacking. I don't want to count on a taker to drop. I've got a legacy BoR, legacy rainbow strides and a 270pdps sword I'm sitting on for later to equip.

Yes, my videos do not use soul taker. I can clear much faster than that if I use hatred. I also got a bit of a DPS boost since then, so take it for what it's worth. Some folks do 3x my damage with my build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiyWA8X60Es
Hey Sov looking for your input before i smash this build against the delete key of death. Wondering if you might see what the issue is here.

Running both Determination & Grace with no mana issues as far as attacks. My damage is fine, I kill things rather quickly. However, defensively I'm getting crushed in Docks as well as other places (Library, etc) --- Character is currently level 62.

Health: 3007
Shield: 119
Mana: 399

Armour: 5,643
Dmg Reduction: 53%
Evasion: 3,245
Chance to Evade: 41%
ES: 119

Fire Res: 77% (143%)
Cold Res: 77% (132%)
Light Res: 77% (123%)
Chaos Res: -10% (-10%)

Chance to Block: 37%
B&S Recovery: 19%
LPS: 8.4
MPS: 7

Gear is as follows:

My passive tree is slightly switched from yours but I did the math and everything should be rather close to what you picked up. Stats are without endurance charges up of course.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wSzCTMUcRUgFy8ZhRo4Gmwb-h0UJKol3ypNNug26TrYPydKyE3YT31RYFPfVcZV1livWNtZ82TnZp5sFm6qcH1yqXgNfNmAVoCkgW-C5IPbhNmKr4x2j0aQEZBVm4OePKIApBmnMKeEqW6sqqyvtfK-ir68wBrOcc9l0NDRNuNq6hjsOPAf8933Mvjr-tL8Sw==
Last edited by pvp24seven__ on Apr 7, 2014, 11:53:44 PM
"
Hey Sov looking for your input before i smash this build against the delete key of death. Wondering if you might see what the issue is here.

Chance to Block: 37%

Hail friend. I see you are not running my build at all......

I have 75% chance to block, Ondar's for virtual immunity to projectiles, and 48% spell block, you have none of those things. :) Other stats look fine, just your skill tree is completely different than my guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info