[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Anyone tried the lazy pally with an energy shield build instead of evasion?
The Aegis Aurora (as goal) seems tempting and two major circles for Armour + ES are around the templar area - or is giving up evasion too much loss for tankiness? (also with ES there would be no problem taking Unwavering Stance)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
LazyZunde wrote:
Hey guys I loved this build in domination league and now im in ambush league I wanted something different but at the same time just as fun and reliable as this build.

Now I will say sorry for posting this here but I figured this thread would be the best place to get advice for this, I wanted a Staff version of the tanky templar build and this is what iv made based from Sovyn's build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQ9UFE0VIBmFGjgabBv6IhskiySqJd8nLykHKU8qTSzpMgkzQDWSNuk62D0PPydAoEN5RHJFjkd-Si5KfUrITdhUSVb6Vw1fP2BLYSFjC2VNZ6BqHmxGbmluqnJscql0QXTtd9d4DXloeu98u3zZfyuBb4M4hMSE2YTvh3aI8Yp0jHaQVZHOkweXAZ48nrmiAKQZpKynhKelqBipaKluq8WsqrUEtfK3crlDu-28n705voq-p8APwQTEFcT2xYrG58ln0iHSTdWL1ordDeLq42rjn-Qi7DjtRO8O73zwH_Iv8933MvzF

If you guys could give a little feed back id much appreciate it :)

Perhaps a little bit better would be this.

thanks Sovyn :) im thinking using sweep, leap slam and vaal cyclone or heavy strike for attacks rest is pretty much the same

would Sweep - conc effect - inc effect - added melee - multistrike - added fire be the best way to go? or would the mana cost destroy me? could get rid of inc effect and added fire for blood magic and life leech I supose
Ok, been having a slow start in the Ambush league, mostly due to lack of play time.

Also, my plan for leveling mainly with Heavy Strike got ruined when a Facebreaker dropped for me quite early on. I tried to ruin it with a Vaal Orb, but that only made it better so now I guess I'm stuck with Infernal blow and Dominating blow.

Reached Level 32 now, and am currently in the sewers, Act 3 Normal.

This is my gear so far:

Can I ask what the purpose of ondar's guile is? You double the Chance to evade projectile attacks but you don't really even have a high chance to evade or something to make it usefull, do you?
I think key here is the shield, we get a lot of defenses from the equipped shield and a lot of base defenses percent.
So for having decent chance to evade the shield should have good evasion rating (aside high block chance).
Last edited by daish0 on Mar 10, 2014, 7:27:39 AM
"
Can I ask what the purpose of ondar's guile is? You double the Chance to evade projectile attacks but you don't really even have a high chance to evade or something to make it usefull, do you?

Au Contraire:) In the first page Sovyn proposed: "I recommend at least 35% physical damage reduction and 30% chance to evade on your character sheet" (without auras).

For example my character has around 40%+ evasion, which gives 80%+ evasion against ranged (which are mostly chaos based). My shield alone has 1616 evasion.

The core premise, motto or the mantra of this build is as high as possible block (75% being cap), 30%+ dmg reduction and 30%+ evasion.
"
daish0 wrote:
Anyone tried the lazy pally with an energy shield build instead of evasion?
The Aegis Aurora (as goal) seems tempting and two major circles for Armour + ES are around the templar area - or is giving up evasion too much loss for tankiness? (also with ES there would be no problem taking Unwavering Stance)

Quote from previous page:

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
AlfreX wrote:
Hi Sovyn!, First of all I like to give the thanks for this VERY VERY GOOD build!!!.

I like to ask, If you can, a passive skill tree for a Aegis Aurora build and patch 1.1.0 .

Thanks for you good work and humility!!

Alfredo from Argentina (sorry for my bad english).

Something like this.

Note that a legacy Bringer of Rain and tri-res rings will be required.

I'll just add that only a legacy Aegis may be good enough to bother with over the standard build, making that a very expensive choice.
"
LazyZunde wrote:

thanks Sovyn :) im thinking using sweep, leap slam and vaal cyclone or heavy strike for attacks rest is pretty much the same

would Sweep - conc effect - inc effect - added melee - multistrike - added fire be the best way to go? or would the mana cost destroy me? could get rid of inc effect and added fire for blood magic and life leech I supose

Sweep has a low mana cost, so you may be OK. Drop inc effect or added fire for stun or blind if needed (those have no mana multiplier).
Thanks for posting this, I will be running this build on Ambush. When it transfers to Standard, I'll give it the BoR and Multistrikes and stuff :)
Last edited by K0rrupted on Mar 10, 2014, 4:38:46 PM
Just something about the survivability of this build...

Right now I found a corrupted area in the docks. I got to the end, and was confronted with Wiraqucha, Ancient Guardian - a snake which summons many other snakes. It also cast Smoke Mine, so between that and my FPS dropping to something like five I had no chance of ever getting to the boss because I had no idea what was going on and who was where.

So I just stood there for like five minutes surrounded by lots of snakes and killed about a thousand of them without ever being remotely in danger of dying. I was only hampered in my efforts by a disconnect, but other than that I just felt very invincible. Also ran a Dungeon map and took ages to kill off the boss because of low dps, but it didn't matter because he very rarely managed to hit me anyway. Great build.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info