[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Reloads wrote:

I am having Extreme Mana Problems.

I can't even run one aura? Can I get some help with this?

Happy to help. The guide does not state that melee splash is viable, it isn't, especially with only a 5-link. Please use the reave combo from the guide. It will work great. Or, you can use the blood magic support instead of melee physical damage, but it won't be nearly as effective as the combo recommended in the guide.

Oh melee splash aint viable anymore?
Got any tip for what to use on a 4-Link with infernal blow instead using an old rusty axe? Or should i drop infernal blow also?
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Reloads wrote:

Happy to help. The guide does not state that melee splash is viable, it isn't, especially with only a 5-link. Please use the reave combo from the guide. It will work great. Or, you can use the blood magic support instead of melee physical damage, but it won't be nearly as effective as the combo recommended in the guide.

Got any tip for what to use on a 4-Link with infernal blow instead using an old rusty axe? Or should i drop infernal blow also?

Heavy Strike for single target and Reave for AoE
IGN: ShootForTheLoot [Torment]
Last edited by zythyl on Mar 8, 2014, 11:50:14 AM
"
zythyl wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:

Heavy Strike for single target and Reave for AoE

Cant use Reave with axe
Heavy strike worked but is annoying since i dont kill in one hit. (And it got me killed. pfft :-p oh well its just 10% exp loss this time.) ill guess i keep use infernal blow for a while. allthough it was cool to see a high DPS value with Heavy strike
"
AlfreX wrote:
Hi Sovyn!, First of all I like to give the thanks for this VERY VERY GOOD build!!!.

I like to ask, If you can, a passive skill tree for a Aegis Aurora build and patch 1.1.0 .

Thanks for you good work and humility!!

Alfredo from Argentina (sorry for my bad english).

Something like this.

Note that a legacy Bringer of Rain and tri-res rings will be required.
"
Can i use Dominating blow with this build?

Aside from soul taker, you may be able to run dominating blow with the blood magic support gem + life leech or even a maxed out life gain on hit and a little regen from gear. Have not tried it, will take some experimentation. :)
"
gilgameshsan wrote:
Hi all,

i was reading this excellent guide written by Sovyn when i wondered the difference between reave, cleave and ground slam.
Sovyn suggered that Reave is the best and i agree with him.
But i wonder why cleave is so weak ?

I explain myself.

Reave offer 100% of your weapon dps and aoe from the lvl 1.
Ground slam offer only 80% of your weapon dps, but can stun ennemies which could be a good deal.
Cleave offer only 70% of your weapon dmg without counter part...am i missing something ?
Maybe the range of the attacks is better but it's a small compensation. To use an axe instead of a sword, you need to find one with almost 30% dmg more...wich never happens on endgame gear.

Can you get clearer on this existential question ?

Hi gilgameshsan. :) I suggest leveling up all three, including cleave only because some folks may have a far superior axe drop for them while leveling up (as I did), whereupon they can just drop in the cleave gem instead of ground slam and see their dps go up quite a lot. This is important for self found folks.
"
tyvar1 wrote:
I really enjoying playing with this build! ;) Thanks you!

Hi tyvar1. :) Glad you are enjoying!
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Reloads wrote:

Allow me to clarify for your particular case. :) You have been using melee splash for a long time. Presumably you have some way of dealing with the mana problems that melee splash introduces. In that specific case, it's fine. Although I do find the Reave cone AOE to be a bit larger when charges (quickly) build up, albeit directional so positioning becomes slightly more important. You should try cyclone if you want better overall clearing speed with an axe (not a recommendation for newer players mind you folks, but for Hierokliff, sure.).
Hey guys I loved this build in domination league and now im in ambush league I wanted something different but at the same time just as fun and reliable as this build.

Now I will say sorry for posting this here but I figured this thread would be the best place to get advice for this, I wanted a Staff version of the tanky templar build and this is what iv made based from Sovyn's build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQ9UFE0VIBmFGjgabBv6IhskiySqJd8nLykHKU8qTSzpMgkzQDWSNuk62D0PPydAoEN5RHJFjkd-Si5KfUrITdhUSVb6Vw1fP2BLYSFjC2VNZ6BqHmxGbmluqnJscql0QXTtd9d4DXloeu98u3zZfyuBb4M4hMSE2YTvh3aI8Yp0jHaQVZHOkweXAZ48nrmiAKQZpKynhKelqBipaKluq8WsqrUEtfK3crlDu-28n705voq-p8APwQTEFcT2xYrG58ln0iHSTdWL1ordDeLq42rjn-Qi7DjtRO8O73zwH_Iv8933MvzF

If you guys could give a little feed back id much appreciate it :)

"
LazyZunde wrote:
Hey guys I loved this build in domination league and now im in ambush league I wanted something different but at the same time just as fun and reliable as this build.

Now I will say sorry for posting this here but I figured this thread would be the best place to get advice for this, I wanted a Staff version of the tanky templar build and this is what iv made based from Sovyn's build

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAdwCcQSzBS0LYQ9UFE0VIBmFGjgabBv6IhskiySqJd8nLykHKU8qTSzpMgkzQDWSNuk62D0PPydAoEN5RHJFjkd-Si5KfUrITdhUSVb6Vw1fP2BLYSFjC2VNZ6BqHmxGbmluqnJscql0QXTtd9d4DXloeu98u3zZfyuBb4M4hMSE2YTvh3aI8Yp0jHaQVZHOkweXAZ48nrmiAKQZpKynhKelqBipaKluq8WsqrUEtfK3crlDu-28n705voq-p8APwQTEFcT2xYrG58ln0iHSTdWL1ordDeLq42rjn-Qi7DjtRO8O73zwH_Iv8933MvzF

If you guys could give a little feed back id much appreciate it :)

Perhaps a little bit better would be this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info