[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Possu81 wrote:
It's me again :)

My biggest worry is now my Evasion which is overran by armor. Having 21% chance to evade is something (and in group def. bigger) but I kinda feel that my big invested Ondar's Guile lacks power. I might be able to invest at least 4 points somewhere else but I don't know is correct. The big question is that should I go to Iron reflexes which raises my armor to about 10k and that way makes my ES recover bigger. On the other hand I feel I would need at least 2k ES instead of 1ES.

Hi Me. :)

I would suggest getting leather and steel and perhaps hybrid evasion/es gloves and/or evasion/armour boots.

That should get you around 50%+ chance to evade projectiles with Ondar's, so every other projectile would be evaded.

I'd be hesitant to advise dropping evasion/Ondar's as you could then get hit several times in a row with high damage or Chaos projectiles, as block can be streaky, whereas evasion is not. You might have enough life to take it, but still.
"
Sovyn wrote:

Yes, hard to beat Stone of Lazhwar with this build. That's why it's mentioned first in the guide amulet section. Good feedback.

I'm in the lucky position to choose between this two amuletts:

Would you prefer the Stone over the Anvil?
"
Firderis wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Yes, hard to beat Stone of Lazhwar with this build. That's why it's mentioned first in the guide amulet section. Good feedback.

The stone is only good for blocking spells, however in my experience I never ever die to spellcasting mobs, I only ever die to spellcasting map bosses. What I suggest is to use the Anvil for general purposes, swapping the Anvil for the Stone as you approach spellcasting map bosses. The amulets are 1x1 in size, which you can totally afford to bring along to hot swap in maps.
Last edited by Paperwork on Dec 15, 2013, 11:42:58 PM
"
Firderis wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

Quite an annoying movement speed slowdown and lower DPS with anvil, and kind of a waste if you don't trim the 7 points of block off your passive tree. If you can live with those problems it's a good choice. Both come recommended per the guide.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 15, 2013, 11:55:54 PM
"
Firderis wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:

I only ever bother with my anvil in maps where there are a lot of phys melee mobs, which is rare as hell.

With max block/maxed resists and ondars/40% evade, I'm pretty much bulletproof against every type of damage bar spells, bleeds and reflects.

This eliminates spells as a concern, you can sit there and let dozens of skele mages hit you with everything they have and you just wade in and break their shit...

Replacing Laz with Anvil, I have to run away from casters frequently, which is painful because between that and Aurseize + 25% boots, I get very slow.

You can get away with some wild variations of gear for this build, quite a lot of it very cheap. But Laz is almost compulsory (it's handy that it's common and cheap as well).
Hi Sovyn! I'm now progressing nicely to level 55, and I absolutely love this build. It's amazing how this build can be done with just random junk I pick up, with just a tiny bit of gambling with Alchemy orbs on white gear I pick up. I got extremely lucky, and a "Perandus Blazon" dropped around level 20 for my friend who is partying with me (lightning arrow shadow). Haven't been able to replace it at all, the +attributes is too useful.

Right now even in act 3 cruel, I'm able to hold my ground and just run into a whole crowd in Docks and just kill everything without much of a worry. This is like the most fun melee build I've used so far, although I wish there was more variety of single target attacks with elemental damage that can be used with the axe. It's kinda boring to keep using Cleave and Heavy Strike.

Really enjoying this melee build right now, been adopting Shield Charge so I can get to my paper DPS friend when things get rough and for the stun. I hope I can survive in Merciless!
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
Hi Sovyn! I'm now progressing nicely to level 55, and I absolutely love this build. It's amazing how this build can be done with just random junk I pick up, with just a tiny bit of gambling with Alchemy orbs on white gear I pick up. I got extremely lucky, and a "Perandus Blazon" dropped around level 20 for my friend who is partying with me (lightning arrow shadow). Haven't been able to replace it at all, the +attributes is too useful.

Right now even in act 3 cruel, I'm able to hold my ground and just run into a whole crowd in Docks and just kill everything without much of a worry. This is like the most fun melee build I've used so far, although I wish there was more variety of single target attacks with elemental damage that can be used with the axe. It's kinda boring to keep using Cleave and Heavy Strike.

Really enjoying this melee build right now, been adopting Shield Charge so I can get to my paper DPS friend when things get rough and for the stun. I hope I can survive in Merciless!

Thanks for the update, Vulpix0r. :)

Perandus Blazon is great until end game (merciless act 3 Piety and beyond, and maps) where I suggest something with more defense to it.

One of the nice things about the build is indeed being able to take on the voidbearers in docks while they one-shot some other folks.

You can survive merciless. :) Just be sure to outlevel the areas just a little bit. This is probably one of the easiest builds to get past Piety in merciless, at least without major twinking.
Last edited by Sovyn on Dec 16, 2013, 3:44:48 AM
Anyone here who is using three Cast when Damage Taken gems?

My current setup is:

lvl4 CwDT - Enduring Cry lvl 7 - Enfeeble lvl7
-Makes sure that Enduring cry launches pretty easily as well as Enfeeble

lvl6 CwDT - Molten Shell lvl10 - Decoy Totem lvl10
-When taken little more damage will launch more protection and extra tank to distract. Not sure if totem is mandatory. Could be something else.

-lvl15 CwDT - Molten Shell q20 lvl16 - Immortal Call q15 lvl15 - Increased Duration lvl18 currently.
-This is my last lane of defense. Will keep high level Molten Shell almost 20s on and get decent bubble efect too when taken 2060 dmg. I would like to go even higher but I am not sure is it wise since.

What do you think? Any suggestions what should I try or change? With so much going on with Endurance charges I'd kinda have more than three of them :)

Just met real nemesis today for this build and maybe every build. On low level map with "yolo"-mods (like +25% as and speed etc) Ion Darkshroud with Viper Strike (chaos damage without way to run away)...Really only chance was to flee and come back with chaos res potion. But that's something we just need to live with I guess.
Have u found other particular enemies especially hard?
Last edited by Possu81 on Dec 16, 2013, 6:51:45 AM
*never mind* :D
Last edited by Firderis on Dec 16, 2013, 9:39:59 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:

Thanks for the update, Vulpix0r. :)

Perandus Blazon is great until end game (merciless act 3 Piety and beyond, and maps) where I suggest something with more defense to it.

One of the nice things about the build is indeed being able to take on the voidbearers in docks while they one-shot some other folks.

You can survive merciless. :) Just be sure to outlevel the areas just a little bit. This is probably one of the easiest builds to get past Piety in merciless, at least without major twinking.

Yeah the Voidbearers were doing tons of damage to my buddy. Do you have any specific gems that you use when in parties? I've been thinking if I should switch from shield charge to leap slam. I find the desync pretty bad with shield charge and miss a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info