[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
siontheman wrote:

I am very sorted now, But what kinda of way can I go from here? like what would be better to get to improve my DPS? would you say saving around 10 chaos or an 1 ex and buying a weapon? my wep has 117% phyical dmg and 140 - 218 on it, costed me 1 GCP but its worth around 3 - 4 I am sure, it has some fire resist too but I doubt that is relevent on a scale of what you guys say is good I know how good that is. When I bought it my friends said it was really good but I was goofed as to why my dps was as high as it was but now I know I just gotta farm :D thanks guys but Yeah what sort of things should I get to increase DPS and maintain defensives?

A new weapon will have a very large impact on your dps and almost no impact on your defense, so that would be the first area to address.

If you would link your weapon, we can determine about how much it would cost to get a decent upgrade.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 11, 2013, 9:03:12 AM
It's my first char as well.
As you saw earlier, I changed Heavy Strike to Double Strike. For me it's easyer to stand still and leach tons of health, while delivering 4500 per sec without knockback, that forces you sometimes move a bit.
And my friend is happyer, because he can aim and shoot mob pak standing still as well.
My survaiability allmost doubled with DS compared to HS.

Yes, I am tryeing to find new fast weapon since 1 act cruel, where i aquaired my current... gun. And still no even close results, while my only quest left is to kill Piety and then... you know)
"
seiferoth10 wrote:

"
siontheman wrote:

I am very sorted now, But what kinda of way can I go from here? like what would be better to get to improve my DPS? would you say saving around 10 chaos or an 1 ex and buying a weapon? my wep has 117% phyical dmg and 140 - 218 on it, costed me 1 GCP but its worth around 3 - 4 I am sure, it has some fire resist too but I doubt that is relevent on a scale of what you guys say is good I know how good that is. When I bought it my friends said it was really good but I was goofed as to why my dps was as high as it was but now I know I just gotta farm :D thanks guys but Yeah what sort of things should I get to increase DPS and maintain defensives?

A new weapon will have a very large impact on your dps and almost no impact on your defense, so that would be the first area to address.

If you would link your weapon, we can determine about how much it would cost to get a decent upgrade.

PoE is most definitely in my opinion and opinion of any human, dwarf, exile, elf, dribbler, animal, specimen, vegatable, takeaway the best ARPG ever made.
Hello to all and thanks to Sovyn. I'm enjoing the build very much: it made my unplaylable templar a very tuogh tank.

As some others said, I've only some problem with my DPS, stuck at 1300 at lvl 62, with HS linked to melle splash, BM (I've mana issues) and Physical Melee Damage.

This is my weapon:

How much do you think it will cost a new and better weapon? I'd prefer to invest some currency to buy a good 1H than to save some currency and buy a small upgrade.

TY very much to all
IGN Liarath - My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/193850/highlight//page/1#p1686574
"
Edhelaneth wrote:
Hello to all and thanks to Sovyn. I'm enjoing the build very much: it made my unplaylable templar a very tuogh tank.

As some others said, I've only some problem with my DPS, stuck at 1300 at lvl 62, with HS linked to melle splash, BM (I've mana issues) and Physical Melee Damage.

This is my weapon:
How much do you think it will cost a new and better weapon? I'd prefer to invest some currency to buy a good 1H than to save some currency and buy a small upgrade.

TY very much to all

Hello Edhelaneth! I'm glad you are enjoying the build.

Your current weapon is 174 DPS so an upgrade is not too hard to find or craft when you have access to the better base items. You should be able to trade for something slightly over 300 DPS for at most 1 exalted or equivalent.

Happy hunting. :)
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Edhelaneth wrote:

This is my weapon:

TY very much to all

Hello Edhelaneth! I'm glad you are enjoying the build.

Your current weapon is 174 DPS so an upgrade is not too hard to find or craft when you have access to the better base items. You should be able to trade for something slightly over 300 DPS for at most 1 exalted or equivalent.

Happy hunting. :)

I linked my weapon?

I linked it twice just then lol by addicent mehh.. screw it hehe
PoE is most definitely in my opinion and opinion of any human, dwarf, exile, elf, dribbler, animal, specimen, vegatable, takeaway the best ARPG ever made.
Last edited by sionthedude on Nov 11, 2013, 1:55:21 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Mana issues -
I suggest for the mid levels that you consider using a Blood Magic support gem linked to your favorite attack skill. You may not find this until level 50 or so. Once you have it, link it with your attack skill gem. You may be reserving all of your mana pool to run auras around the mid levels, depending on your gear.

When you reach the higher levels, say, mid 60s and up, you probably have acquired a mana leech item or support gem and the intelligence nodes I suggested in the build and have leveled up your reduced mana support gems sufficiently that you can remove the blood magic gem from your attack skill and use the little bit of mana you have left after auras to use your attack skill. This is a good move because you can then potentially use another support gem with your attack skill, and your life globe stays a little bit fuller, generally speaking.

Linked Sockets

Something like the following setup, just as an example:

Four, Five or Six linked socket item: Heavy Strike (red) - Melee Physical Damage (red) - Faster Attacks (green) - Multistrike (red) - Life Gain on Hit or Stun or Added Fire Damage or Added Lightning Damage or Blind (choose one or even two of these last ones if you are very rich)

Hi Sovyn!

Firstly thanks for your build, it's quickly become my highest level character since anarchy ended and was replaced by domination.

Had a quick question regarding mana issues - in the guide you mentioned that at higher levels we should be able to wean ourselves from relying on gems such as blood magic, mana leech or even reduced mana I suppose for our main attack skill.

I'm ~lvl 70 now and would love to replace my blood magic with something more useful, but each heavy strike attack consumes over 30 mana per hit with all the multipliers (I have a 5L). Is there anything I'm missing, or should I simply wait until my reduced mana gem for the auras level up more (or get more mana in the meantime)?
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
"
sionthedude wrote:

I linked my weapon?

The good news is: it's not your weapon! The bad news is: it's not your weapon, upgrades elsewhere will be expensive and painful. That mace is 260 dps, already very decent.

Do your rings have dps stats on them? The biggest impact on our dps we can get from rings is a high "Adds x-x physical damage" mod.

Is your belt a Rustic sash (implicit mod is "xx% Increased Physical Damage")? That can help.
Last edited by seiferoth10 on Nov 11, 2013, 6:13:26 PM
"
danzha wrote:
Hi Sovyn!

Firstly thanks for your build, it's quickly become my highest level character since anarchy ended and was replaced by domination.

Had a quick question regarding mana issues - in the guide you mentioned that at higher levels we should be able to wean ourselves from relying on gems such as blood magic, mana leech or even reduced mana I suppose for our main attack skill.

I'm ~lvl 70 now and would love to replace my blood magic with something more useful, but each heavy strike attack consumes over 30 mana per hit with all the multipliers (I have a 5L). Is there anything I'm missing, or should I simply wait until my reduced mana gem for the auras level up more (or get more mana in the meantime)?

The only way this is possible is to have rings and/or gloves with "1-2% of physical attack damage leeched as mana" mods. Your weapon should be pure physical, and once you do enough dps that mod on that item can take the place of your mana leech/blood magic gem.
"
seiferoth10 wrote:
"
sionthedude wrote:

I linked my weapon?

The good news is: it's not your weapon! The bad news is: it's not your weapon, upgrades elsewhere will be expensive and painful. That mace is 260 dps, already very decent.

Do your rings have dps stats on them? The biggest impact on our dps we can get from rings is a high "Adds x-x physical damage" mod.

Is your belt a Rustic sash (implicit mod is "xx% Increased Physical Damage")? That can help.

No I do not have any belts or rings with that, because I need the resistances, Okay so I am guessing that can probably give around 500 - 1k DPS, but where else? I mean I am already using 4 links.. due to mana. Is the soul taker the ONLY way to get the 30k DPS cus of the no mana cost? I mean what else can I really do to sustain mana when using 5 - 6 links using 2 auras?. Hmm get BoR for 800 dps more, and rings and belt. 1k more dps. thats like 7k - 9k DPS. Its really not bad but I thought I could get into the 12k - 14k maybe? or am I just being silly and is 6k DPS what most people run around with especially with this particular build and how its so defensive? its just 67 maps take around 15 - 20 minutes at times if i take more rare mobs. because a summoner rare mob typically takes 20 seconds to kill. if it has lifegain it will take the same time if not a little longer. Please help.. I try other builds with other classes they are good but not alot more DPS and worse defenceless. like am I missing something? do I have to spend days farming currency? but then what do I buy? I am really a noob and got no idea. :/ pls reply ASAP

Last edited by sionthedude on Nov 11, 2013, 6:25:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info