[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

yeah, cant wait to get a look on the new passive skill tree.

was trying to say that i need 4L boots and 3L shield *g*
already spent most of my jeweler to 6S my armor (ran out of fusing trying to slot my searing torch), but definately need it 4L with at least 2x red, the cheaper way would be to get a 3x red / 1x green helm, but lacking of ~80dex from items, to be able to use the armor (dex just comes @70 to 75 from water dancing and accelerating in duelist tree)

best would be 3x red on armor (but thats nearly impossible :-/) or i end up using cyclone.
however, need to try that out duo to the new changes to acrobatics.

1st: dodge roll
2nd: roll if crit + evasion roll
3rd: block roll

block should be high enough for spell dmg and @max on low life.

please post your "new" build if the passive tree got updated.
Ign:
Brokthefearless
Tofastforme
Deadismyfriend
Coldshoulder
This build is still going strong for me!
Last edited by Route1 on Jun 5, 2013, 12:05:26 PM
"
gloobonious wrote:
yeah, cant wait to get a look on the new passive skill tree.

was trying to say that i need 4L boots and 3L shield *g*
already spent most of my jeweler to 6S my armor (ran out of fusing trying to slot my searing torch), but definately need it 4L with at least 2x red, the cheaper way would be to get a 3x red / 1x green helm, but lacking of ~80dex from items, to be able to use the armor (dex just comes @70 to 75 from water dancing and accelerating in duelist tree)

best would be 3x red on armor (but thats nearly impossible :-/) or i end up using cyclone.
however, need to try that out duo to the new changes to acrobatics.

1st: dodge roll
2nd: roll if crit + evasion roll
3rd: block roll

block should be high enough for spell dmg and @max on low life.

please post your "new" build if the passive tree got updated.

We never have enough orbs to craft the ideal items. :)

- I considered acrobatics but rejected as it's just yet another random avoidance system. I think we have enough of the random avoidance with 75 block and some evasion (with grace). So I believe spending the points on additional life or even armor may be better than spending the points to reach acrobatics. These systems mitigate the hits that penetrate the random avoidance systems. There will always be some hits that make it through and we must account for that.

Will be updating the build if I see anything that needs changing after the patch. While some things I liked are being nerfed, I still think everything on the current build is useful so there may in fact be no changes - I'll wait and see.
"
Route1 wrote:
This build is still going strong for me!

Great! Glad to hear it. :)
Build still seems good after patch
Edit - deleted - I tried to add some screenshots comparing before and after the 0.11 patch with this build, but the forum has a fixed width layout so the images were cut off. Will try again - see below.
Last edited by Sovyn on Jun 6, 2013, 1:50:42 AM
Patch 11b gives us:

Increased Melee Splash radius by 17%.

Niceeeeeee. Melee Splash + Heavy strike/Glacial hammer/infernal blow just got better B^)
Last edited by Route1 on Jun 6, 2013, 1:05:58 AM
Here are some screenshots showing character screen stats before and after the major 0.11 patch both unbuffed and buffed (determination, grace, purity, tempest shield with inner force):

Before:

After:

As you can see in the comparison above, with the freshly nerfed Inner Force I drop down from 75 to 74 blocking from Tempest Shield. Evidently it is rounding down aggressively as 4 times 1.18 is 4.72 - should give me the 1% gain because it's over 4.5. It would have been 5.2 before the nerf (4x1.3). Oh well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info