[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Hi there!

Thx for the answer Sovyn.

For lightning strike, it scales better from Increased Physical damage than Elemental damage so i guess we don't need that much lightning nodes and the build is not that different, am i right ?

I find it funnier than HS + Melee splash.

@openup011: i'm with you dude ! :D
"
openup001 wrote:
I am currently using Lightning strike and it feels good, why do people use haevy strike instead? there is no aoe that makes no sense too me, help me out here :D

I dont use lightning strike because i cant find a +10%quality LS. And atm i like the clean nonspammy version of playing using either heavy strike or infernal blow.
Used to run with LS, but then i died... and after having had a high quality LS, i cant use a non-quality LS. If you link it with multistrike+LMP+mana leech, you can clear alot without seeing a monster.
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
openup001 wrote:
I am currently using Lightning strike and it feels good, why do people use haevy strike instead? there is no aoe that makes no sense too me, help me out here :D

I dont use lightning strike because i cant find a +10%quality LS. And atm i like the clean nonspammy version of playing using either heavy strike or infernal blow.
Used to run with LS, but then i died... and after having had a high quality LS, i cant use a non-quality LS. If you link it with multistrike+LMP+mana leech, you can clear alot without seeing a monster.

Ok cool i got a 19 quality lightning strike atm, btw when using LS i need a phys dmg weapon right?
"
openup001 wrote:
"
Hierokliff wrote:
"
openup001 wrote:

Ok cool i got a 19 quality lightning strike atm, btw when using LS i need a phys dmg weapon right?

Yes a fast phys weapon, think i used daggers mostly or a rapier/foil. thats the neat with this build, train 1-2 extra gems and switch attack skill when you find some new cool weapon if you must use another skill.
must be nice with 57% pierce, i remember i used to switch LMP and fork, depending on map, in certain map having the Ls to fork makes you clear very far in dungeons...
A question about tanking stats, is there any cap for block chance and evasion chance ?

Do i need every blocking node in the skill tree ? Block nodes in ranger aera looks awesome but are pretty far from templar, i'm wondering if it's really worth the points ?

W/o going so far in the ranger aera i can take a lot more dmg nodes near the templar ?

With the new cast when damage taken i guess the tankiness of this build is way too good :D
I mean, my Spectral thrower with a lot of like but no block/eva at all already tank really well in maps so i guess your build is immortal :o
Hey Sovyn,

still enjoy your lazy pally build. Thanks for updating to 1.0
I also have now some updated items and need advice which shield i should use.

Biggest upgrade :

I use this shield atm

And just found this

If i use Lioneye's then i lack of fire resistance.

Is the massiv amount of armour worth to compensating the losses ?

Last edited by Maggsi on Nov 1, 2013, 9:58:13 AM
"
ArchDragor wrote:
A question about tanking stats, is there any cap for block chance and evasion chance ?

Do i need every blocking node in the skill tree ? Block nodes in ranger aera looks awesome but are pretty far from templar, i'm wondering if it's really worth the points ?

W/o going so far in the ranger aera i can take a lot more dmg nodes near the templar ?

With the new cast when damage taken i guess the tankiness of this build is way too good :D
I mean, my Spectral thrower with a lot of like but no block/eva at all already tank really well in maps so i guess your build is immortal :o

75% in block, afaik no max on evasion but i've never got it over 50%.
Tanking is great, but reflect hurts me still.
I dont really see the point of taking damage nodes in this game :-) but havent got that far that i must get higher dps then i do i guess.
"
Maggsi wrote:
Hey Sovyn,

still enjoy your lazy pally build. Thanks for updating to 1.0
I also have now some updated items and need advice which shield i should use.

Biggest upgrade :
If i use Lioneye's then i lack of fire resistance.
Is the massiv amount of armour worth to compensating the losses ?

Yes it's worth it, getting fire resistance some other place aint so hard. If you buckler had have 1.5K EVA i would have problems picking :)
What AoE attack do you guys use? Right now I use ground slam but that pigeon holes me into using only maces. I'm looking for something that does the same damage without the weapon requirements.
Hi templars !

Hey sovyns thanx a loooot for your passive skill tree cause i would like to reproduce my D2 zealot warladin and yours it's... really good!

guys...I would like know your opignon on the tree of kripparian with combo : vaal pact / CI / Chaos rever for a defend base ( plus max bloq of course) ?

Bye see you soon :)
Last edited by Styrkor on Nov 1, 2013, 1:59:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info