very bad group experience tonight

"
So I was in a group and doing a 77 map. Paid 4 fuse to enter map which is fair any day. So we enter the map and I immediately notice it's an sa allocation and said hey sa wtf? As usual it was an accident np but map maker says rip gl... so immediately after a poorjoys drops next to me and I geab it after the sa goes away and allows me to. Then the group attacks me telling me im a bad guy and thief and showing my true colors... wtf... I immediately drop the map on ground and continue to get hurassed for being a crook lol? They tell me im trying to screw them out of a map or 10 chaos. I coukd care less about the map and have played 40 hours in the last 4-5 days. I jyst dont get why ppl are so aggressive towards others in thus community now. This is,my 3rd account since beta and have s solid regular group I play with who can viuch that I regularly give items away, run FREE 77 78 maps, and help nw guys level. I am appalled by some of the player base right now and wish people would just show love to one another kindness is the key. Being kind at the same time doesn't mean being completely passive when ppl r dicks to you though and I wont stand for it. People who have played with me the last tear or so please post... also... make tgevdamn maps pa if u dont like being slower than me... im not a ninja but if nobodies around I do pick things up... sry

It's their fault, they were just mad at you because you embarassed them for having SA on.

SA = pickup all the items, if the leader gets screwed its their OWN fault
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
You should have kept the drop, SA to me means that the party leader is confident enough in his / her ability to pick up the good loot before it becomes FFA, if he / she fails to loot it in time it's everyone's item.

Just don't derp around doing nothing while everyone is killing stuff as you wait to snipe good drops, that's all.
Last edited by archiadus on Sep 17, 2014, 6:43:31 PM
At least you didn't have to change their diapers...

+1 to you mate.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
No comments eh?

break up your text. use the enter key. it's not hard to learn. evenyourforumnameiswrittenlikeyourpost.
Happens a lot that people forget to change the setting to the advertised PA. When i notice it i usually write someting like "SA. time to practice my ninja looting skills :D" in the group chat. This way people know that 1. squad leader forgot to set it to PA and 2. i am not going to pull my punches. Although if i ninja something valuable and it can be determined who it originally dropped for, i will still usually give it back, especially if i know the person. But anything up to a chaos i will ninja if i get the chance but in turn i won't be sour if anyone gets something that dropped for me.

Then again, i have been in groups that were advertised as PA but never were set to it. Even was in a group with a guy who at some point seemed to have changed the allocation to SA without telling anyone and i just noticed he was taking all the currency drops (he was melee while most of the others, including myself, were ranged). After he got 1 chaos and 2 fusings that dropped for me from a strongbox and whatnot from the others, i managed to ninja a BoR that had apparently dropped for him a bit later instead. The tears of his rage were delicious!
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Last edited by vargorn on Sep 18, 2014, 6:07:59 AM
"
ventiman wrote:
dude its the internet who gives a shit

Can't believe i'm agreeing with ventiman.

In fact the drop was yours ! There is no "stolen" drops in a SA party just because after the timer's end the drop is for anyone in the party by definition.

Don't bother with those stupid players ! Plus you paid for this map run => loot everything that could potentialy repay the fee !!
4 Fusing fee for a 77 map?

Jesus christ, map buy ins are getting ridiculous. The guy is making 10 chaos per map that he probably needs help to do (high quantity) that can easily sustain his map pool.

We need to start a movement to not join these groups.
I used to put my characters down here.

The list became so long, and I've had to DELETE over 50 characters to make room for others, that I've stopped updating it.

#firstworldproblems give me character slots free or WAY cheaper GGG ;(
"
Semune wrote:
4 Fusing fee for a 77 map?

Jesus christ, map buy ins are getting ridiculous. The guy is making 10 chaos per map that he probably needs help to do (high quantity) that can easily sustain his map pool.

We need to start a movement to not join these groups.

4 fusing = 2 chaos. Standard fee for 77 maps for ages. I don't see what the problem is. It costs a lot to roll those high lvl maps. It can easily cost 10 chaos orbs to get a good roll on a map and there is always the risk of having obnoxious players ruining the map. People should charge more than this.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 18, 2014, 1:03:49 PM
"
torturo wrote:
If map maker decided to set SA, then you did nothing wrong "stealing" the map, or whatever.
This mode is about that, your loot is not considered yours after timer expires.
Map maker had to know the consequences setting it to SA. PA exists for a reason.

but the map maker didn't decide, it was an accident.

since OP didn't mean any harm and gave it back he's in the good, and the others are to fault for continuing to harass OP

lower your expectations for strangers not being dicks in public parties, it will happen from time to time, but if you know you're in the good just ignore them and mooove on

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info